Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What color for Jeremy?
Red 96 49.74%
Black 97 50.26%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajizzle View Post
But you did kiss Dee! There's the connection between you and spooky I was talking about. BAM!
thats so badddd
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #82 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
It goes both ways; Quick can't prove he's right, but you can't prove he's wrong.

So you're just as wrong to tell him he's wrong as he is to say Robert's wrong.

What it comes down to, then, is personal preference and interpretation of evidence. There is zero reason or support for your side over the other, and thus he is completely justified in ranting.

And then you dodged the issue of positive effects to a negative person.

What if someone decided to pay criminals for crimes committed? It's not hurting anyone. It only encourages crime, in the same way that this encourages fraud. They're the same thing, and I'd bet money that people would have a problem with incentivizing crime.

There's honestly just something broken in my brain where I don't associate fervent debating with anger.
You can't have it both ways. If he's justified in his stance then so am I. I notice you don't have any harsh critiques for him. Seems that you are biased on his behalf.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:55 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickPhix View Post
See, that right there... that proves you have no idea what you are talking about.

What about the MILLIONS of dollars governments have spent investigating psychics. Or even more specifically, the MILLIONS of dollars that different world governments gave to Uri Geller in order research him specifically. What about the friends and family of those that have been defrauded. What about Sylvia Brown, lying straight to peoples faces and telling them that their missing child is dead when they are actually still alive (or, is it worse when she tells them that the child is still alive when they have been murdered). You claim that each person lives in a vacuum, and that is just shortsighted.
What about it? The gov invest millions investigating all kinds of strange shit. Maybe they shouldn't investigate AIDS either. As far as I'm concerned if there is some possibility that psychics exist then I'd like to see the gov investigate it.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston Buttons View Post
"...or as the french would say 'formiDAble...'" WTF! I spat my drink all over my computer.
Formidable has completely different meanings in French and English.

English: Exciting fear or apprehension; impressing dread; adapted to excite fear and deter from approach, encounter, or undertaking; alarming.

French: tremendous; fantastic; fantastical; wonderful; sensational; terrific
Old 06-23-2009, 11:30 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
What about it? The gov invest millions investigating all kinds of strange shit. Maybe they shouldn't investigate AIDS either. As far as I'm concerned if there is some possibility that psychics exist then I'd like to see the gov investigate it.
See, that's not the point. They did research it. Nothing has panned out from any of the research. You know what happened with AIDS? People died and some fancy doctor man though, "huh, I wonder what killed this poor little homosexual". Then they looked into it and found a cause. That didn't happen with psychics.

This has gone overboard, though. I posted in this thread first in order to vent about how I felt about Robert. That has turned into a debate that probably happens far too often on the internet.

The main thing that I think I have tried to convey with my subsequent posts so far is that I feel that psychics, while they are often used solely as a source of entertainment and have offered comfort to people in pain, have still had a negative effect as a whole. I posted a little bit of evidence that I feel supports my stance, but I don't want to start getting into some research paper on the Keith and the Girl forums. People can make their own conclusions in regard to this topic, that's fine, but I feel that I should try and make people see my point.

But in conclusion, I will concede. Rodimus, you are correct. We never should have done any research on aids.... fucking gov'ment brewed that shit up to kill the darkies and the homos... everyone knows that.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
See, that's not the point. They did research it. Nothing has panned out from any of the research. You know what happened with AIDS? People died and some fancy doctor man though, "huh, I wonder what killed this poor little homosexual". Then they looked into it and found a cause. That didn't happen with psychics.

This has gone overboard, though. I posted in this thread first in order to vent about how I felt about Robert. That has turned into a debate that probably happens far too often on the internet.

The main thing that I think I have tried to convey with my subsequent posts so far is that I feel that psychics, while they are often used solely as a source of entertainment and have offered comfort to people in pain, have still had a negative effect as a whole. I posted a little bit of evidence that I feel supports my stance, but I don't want to start getting into some research paper on the Keith and the Girl forums. People can make their own conclusions in regard to this topic, that's fine, but I feel that I should try and make people see my point.

But in conclusion, I will concede. Rodimus, you are correct. We never should have done any research on aids.... fucking gov'ment brewed that shit up to kill the darkies and the homos... everyone knows that.

I'm not suggesting that we don't do research on AIDS. Just saying that the gov should research all sorts of shit. What about all the psychics that have actually helped solve cases that police have worked on?

The funniest thing is that I don't believe in pyschics but I find it pretty weird that you have such a hard on for these guys. There are far worse things to be concerned about when it comes to misleading people into harming themselves.

It's not like Robert is trying to talk people OUT of their current beliefs.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:03 AM   #87 (permalink)

This is the first time I'm looking at the forums... sober... in the past 2 years.

I sort of understand how Keith loses his grip when he reads through all this. The point of the show isn't whether to verify if the Witch/Wizard can see into the future or not, it's there to make you laugh. If you guys can run a 5 page forum debate on the validity of paranormal activity after listening to that episode that means only one thing... You have failed to keep up with the drinking quota.

For the love of goddess... Relax, and laugh. A psychic/wizard guy/guy? is claiming to see the present/future from an invisible friend called daniel/david and he is doing it on KTG with Keith/Siver Dragon. Take Robert for what he is... a good entertainer, and the perfect target for someone like Mally.

How the hell can you all debate serious shit after that? It's there to make you laugh... You probably spent the entire episode pissed off at the guy who claims to know what the future of the universe will be after flipping a card. Because it's not valid, it's not scientific, it's not the way things are done. Did you catch any of the 200+ jokes/jabs/puns?

Remember? Comedy podcast.

*Note: I had three beers while typing this... see you all in 2 years.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:07 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
This is the first time I'm looking at the forums... sober... in the past 2 years.

I sort of understand how Keith loses his grip when he reads through all this. The point of the show isn't whether to verify if the Witch/Wizard can see into the future or not, it's there to make you laugh. If you guys can run a 5 page forum debate on the validity of paranormal activity after listening to that episode that means only one thing... You have failed to keep up with the drinking quota.

For the love of goddess... Relax, and laugh. A psychic/wizard guy/guy? is claiming to see the present/future from an invisible friend called daniel/david and he is doing it on KTG with Keith/Siver Dragon. Take Robert for what he is... a good entertainer, and the perfect target for someone like Mally.

How the hell can you all debate serious shit after that? It's there to make you laugh... You probably spent the entire episode pissed off at the guy who claims to know what the future of the universe will be after flipping a card. Because it's not valid, it's not scientific, it's not the way things are done. Did you catch any of the 200+ jokes/jabs/puns?

Remember? Comedy podcast.

*Note: I had three beers while typing this... see you all in 2 years.
For the record I thought the episode was hilarious. I also find this dialogue in the thread to be interesting. I like that the show can spawn these random conversations between listeners. That's probably the back bone to the longevity and success of this podcast. This entire community exist because people take the show and discuss the topics in the forums.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:09 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I'm not suggesting that we don't do research on AIDS. Just saying that the gov should research all sorts of shit.
It was a joke, numb-nuts.

Quote:
What about all the psychics that have actually helped solve cases that police have worked on?
I think that you would find that most times psychics hinder investigations, and that they are useful in an investigation no more than random chance would expect them to be.

Some reading material after a short google search:

POLICE "PSYCHICS": Do they Really Help Solve Crimes?

NCJRS Abstract - National Criminal Justice Reference Service

AHH, LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME BECOME.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:20 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
It was a joke, numb-nuts.

I think that you would find that most times psychics hinder investigations, and that they are useful in an investigation no more than random chance would expect them to be.

Some reading material after a short google search:

POLICE "PSYCHICS": Do they Really Help Solve Crimes?

NCJRS Abstract - National Criminal Justice Reference Service

AHH, LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME BECOME.
I'm not going to click on those links. I just can't be bothered. I enjoyed the show and it doesn't bother me one bit that people like Robert are making a living doing what they do.