Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did Chris Brown get off easy for beating on Rihanna?
Yes; motherfucker should be locked up! 143 84.62%
No; five years probation is a big deal. 26 15.38%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2009, 05:40 AM   #31 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Back on Warrant as a topic.

A former hair metal loving friend of mine, keeps insisting that i listen to "St James", side-project from James St James. I'd rather trust your advice Keith. You did good with telling me to listen to "Ultraphobic", and we like similar stuff.

Have you heard of them?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:06 AM   #32 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I don't know from this St. James.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:30 AM   #33 (permalink)

I've been duped. I thought he was part of Warrant in some pre-lane line up. Instead i checked and he is the singer in The "Born Again" album. The one Warrant did without Jani. I apologize.

I'm going to kick my hair metal friend's ass for making me look like a fucking asshole. He already tricked me into listening to "Chinese Democracy". This time he dies.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:08 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
A. Fuck you. B. Tell us the simple psych quiz Chemda and I can take to see who's more mentally fit, and you're in.
A. No, fuck you.
B. I think I can arrange for you two to take some questionnaires that will tell which one is more pathological. Psychology isn't so great just yet at describing psychological health, but I have a means to tell you which is more fucked up.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superlongusername View Post
B. I think I can arrange for you two to take some questionnaires that will tell which one is more pathological. Psychology isn't so great just yet at describing psychological health, but I have a means to tell you which is more fucked up.
I'm no Malley, but that sounds quite delightful.

In fact, I think a competition to see who's less fucked up is inherently more amusing than a competition to determine who's more normal.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #36 (permalink)

Whoa. There's still somebody who does not know that a "Fuck you" after a first post is a welcome? There should be a disclaimer.

Besides that, i would like to do such a test too (like it was done with the aspie test). I was already diagnosed years ago, i would like to see how i'm doing now...
Old 06-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #37 (permalink)

I can set something up for Keith and Chemda provided that it's clear it's for "entertainment purposes only" or some such shit. I actually do research on psychological tests and measures, so I have plenty at my disposal. But I couldn't open it up to everyone, because the interpretation of the measures requires time on my end. Any computer program that claims to interpret your responses is bullshit...it takes a person to make sense of it (HUAR).
Old 06-24-2009, 10:07 AM   #38 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

RE: the new smoking laws

I've actually known about this for awhile and so have the tobacco companies. I have a friend who works for Camel and they started marketing "Camel No. 9s" in bars and clubs about a year ago. They are essentially "Camel Lights" in a black box with a pink Camel on it and the cigs have a metallic pink line on them as well. They are marketed towards women because Camel knew that they would eventually not be allowed to sell "Lights" so they wanted to get people hooked on "No. 9s" so they would still smoke Camels when this law passed.

PS- I am a smoker and the pink Camels are delicious.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #39 (permalink)

Jon and Kate Phase II: Just 'cause he's not saying anything doesn't mean you're right

There is one reason I kind of hope they keep the show going: to show how destructive people can be to each other. Hopefully people watching will learn (after all, it is The Learning Channel) and apply to their own situations that just because Jon didn't react each time Kate opened her mouth that he was on board. From what I could see what was going through her mind each time she talked was:

1. I want (fill in the blank).
2. Jon doesn't know what he is doing or what he wants so I'll tell him what he will be doing and what he will want. After all, I'm a woman and he is only a man and men are simply put on this earth to supply sperm and do the heavy lifting.
3. It's perfectly OK for me to express my feelings any time I want. Jon doesn't have feelings -- except, maybe like a plant has feelings so I tell the kids not to rip their leaves off -- he's just a man. He has the right to listen me express my feelings.

On the other hand Jon should have spoken up for himself but my guess is his silence probably started out as being a polite chivalrous man of the 21st century and it ended up becoming the silence to keep peace as he grew increasingly more latently angry and passive aggressive.

One thing I noted during this week's show is though both were sad, Kate looked like she had been hit by an emotional truck with a "Gosh, maybe I was being a bitch. No, not me. But I'm alone now. Maybe I was but of course he is wrong – he’s a man." look on her face. Jon on the other hand seemed to have a sadness for the passing of their relationship and maybe for the kid's pain but also seem to have an optimism of possibly being able to enjoy himself a little more in the future. From how he acted, she was an emotional loadstone bearing down on him.

From what I see on TV, though I don’t think Jon is a very great catch, I think Kate is the one who is going to have the most trouble recovering. Guys will probably line up to be with her because she still has a couple of good years of physical hotness in her and maybe because she’s famous; but, the moment she opens her mouth I bet even a submariner who is just back from a 6 month mission would loose the starch in his pants mid thrust. If you’re a woman (or a man, for that matter) finding yourself saying “Oh, I can really identify with Kate”, then at least you have made it to the first step – awareness. Watch the show from this season on to see what happens to you when you’re domineering single-sided bitch and you value your mate as only a simple-minded man-servant. I predict that guys will want to bag her for sport but not stick with her for a long-term relationship.

From the beginning I didn't really like the show because it wore me out just to see how defeated they were most of the time -- especially Jon. I always said that as she talked he looked like there was no place that he wouldn’t rather be than listening to her. I called their split up from the beginning; not because of 8 kids, but, because of the way Kate emotionally beat Jon him like a rented mule.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #40 (permalink)

About the flavored tobacco thing, I totally understand why they are getting rid of that. Those things are amazingly tasty! Like the little prime times and honey times (not sure if thats just canadian?) But they are like flavored "cigarillos". I hate smoking, but the peach ones taste so damn good, ive been smoking them now when I drink. They taste like candy. Dangerous stuff.