Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Was Keith right to ask Chemda to deal with Charlie?
Yes; the two of them knew the best way to handle this drunken mess. 86 44.79%
No; Keith should have dealt with the situation himself, like a man. 106 55.21%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2009, 06:11 AM   #21 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

No joke, out in a park... I like this...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:22 AM   #22 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Just have a roofie shot ready if things get out of hand. It's not like he'd turn it down.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #23 (permalink)

The plan for Chemda to deal with Charlie made perfect sense to me.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:23 AM   #24 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I wish I could draw. In my chead I have this perfect picture of Chemda the choking pirate yoinking a chummus burger.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex View Post
Listened to the episode this morning and i'm breaking my forum cherry on the pirates thing. Don't know if the problem Chemda had with it is the same as me: the fact that these are going to be private individuals that are effectively paying for the experience of killing a person, albeit scumbags, without any consequences.

I'd agree with Keith that the entrapment side of it is perfectly fine, so long as they stocked the target boat with soldiers working for a government to combat pirates not some rich dicks wanting to get off, if you attack the boat you deserve what you get.

This though feels like the start of some slippery slope. It's why the film Hostel got to me a bit, the knowledge that somewhere in the world human life is so cheap that you can bet some shady character would have no problem with kidnapping some random nobody for the rich to kill. And what happens when you go on your cruise and get a taste for it, or the cruise was a bust and you haven't got to kill yet and still want to get your rocks off? Probably still far fetched but i don't think it's a good idea to risk creating the market for this sort of thing.
Fuuuuuuuuuuck you! Welcome.

I've read about that somali cruise thing before. Here's the website Somali Cruises - Cruise along Africa's east coast!. We can stop talking about it now because it is absolutely fake. This website came out around the time that American captain was taken hostage off the coast of Somalia. What ever happened to that guy?

Last edited by Astigos; 06-28-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
So he might have punched me? Well then I definately did the right thing.
Better you than Chemda right? He was your friend, not hers. But you said you don't believe for a second she was in danger with him. All of the evidence suggests that Chemda was in danger of being assaulted by Charlie because:

1) You were sure the situation would escalate to violence if you went down there.

2) Chemda was clearly nervous and is nervous about this whole "Charlie" thing, and said as much.

3) You contemplated calling 911 at some point.

If you went down there, it wouldn't an be issue anymore. You could've made sure he stayed on the porch and talked to him outside. No one suggested to fight, but if it came to blows, oh well. What about your "philosophy" on the high school nerds getting bullied? "Knock them the fuck out. Sometimes asshole needs be punched." What about Keith's Justice?

Besides from what you say, all he would've done was raise his voice. But if he was as drunk as Chemda says, you could've knocked him the fuck out, no problem. Drunk people can't fight. He would've thought twice about coming back, if you got "aggro" with him.

I can't believe this shit. You got some loser in your house yelling at Chemda "THEN WAKE HIM THE FUCK UP!" You should've bounded down the stairs and pushed him out the door at that point. He of all people doesn't have the right to come in someone's home, shouting orders. How big is this motherfucker?

Last edited by Andrea's toothbrush; 06-28-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
So he might have punched me? Well then I definately did the right thing.
I was personally disappointed in you for not handling your drunken buddy yourself. For all the SHIT you talk I expect better.

As difficult as it is, there comes a time when you have to cut somebody off. I've done it to a buddy and it wasn't pretty. But he knew he was fucking up and so did I. People live their lives and grow apart. When I was finishing college and starting my first business and my best friend was still smoking blunts and on Playstation all day I had to make a choice. Keep moving or let these folks slow me down. Almost 10 years later I can only hope my buddy got his shit together.

I feel like you sent your woman to go deal with your problem so you would not have to possibly battle it out with a buddy from the past. I understand growing up and not wanting to go there. I give you credit for restraint. I am not a calling you a pussy.

But a man's home is his castle and you let your woman defend the gates. Chemda seems to be a strong independent woman who is capable of taking on the world with the best of them. But you should thank her and take her out because she DID YOUR JOB FOR YOU. I would assume you have made her dinner to repay her for her kindness.

.. I DRIVE FAST
Old 06-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1goodI View Post
But a man's home is his castle and you let your woman defend the gates.
Completely agreed

I see what Keith's dilemma was, but he should have handled it himself.
Nothing changes the fact that Keith put Chemda in harm's way sending her to deal with a drunk violent druggie. As someone said above, you considered calling 911, you don't send someone else to deal with someone so dangerous that it could have required the police to deal with.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
Hex

Quote:
What if just by hearing this story I want to eat you?
Fair point, i think, it wouldn't make normal people into insane killers but then they probably wouldn't be taking part if it was really offered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
Fuuuuuuuuuuck you! Welcome.
Cheers

Quote:
I've read about that somali cruise thing before. Here's the website Somali Cruises - Cruise along Africa's east coast!. We can stop talking about it now because it is absolutely fake. This website came out around the time that American captain was taken hostage off the coast of Somalia. What ever happened to that guy?
So it is, digging round suggests Ananova got it from some random Austrian paper which in turn got it from somewhere else where it was posted as a joke. Close call, i didn't mind watching The Running Man but i don't want to be hunted to death in the future for my mp3 collection.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #30 (permalink)

I'm not surprised that the cruise thing isn't real and Keith is a dumbass for thinking it was a good idea.