Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: the letter from the guy that now sees the first person he ever had sex with.
Tell the wife. What's the big deal? 98 56.98%
Keep the secret. Obviously you can tell she can't handle it. 74 43.02%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

982: For Love or Money

"I wanna fuck a girl who I put it in her ass and she doesn't even turn around to see who it is."

Jesse Joyce
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Smile Regarding the miracle berry

The miracle berry is now being called the berry that makes things sweet. Although technically this is not true, it does not make things sweet at all.
What it actually does is make you believe that things taste sweet. It does this by the magic ingredient which is called miraculin. The miraculin is a glycoprotein that coats your tongue, blocking out certain taste bud receptors. Most of the food which is perceived as changing to sweet actually already has sugar content, whether that be sucrose, lactose, glucose or fructose or acetic acids, its just a case of the bitterness or sourness having a stronger tang than the sugar, therefore your tongue tends not to notice the sugar - hence there is no taste of sweetness.
So after taking the miracle berry either as the fresh fruit or in a product such as miracle berry tablets and then noticing that a variety of certain foods taste sweeter then its no wonder the miracle berry is being called the berry that makes things taste sweet.
The actual amount of foods that change taste is very small, probably less than 1%, so the statement that is makes things taste sweet is untrue, actually it should be called the berry that makes some things taste sweet !
The 'some things" or some foods are limited to foods which already contain sugar and are bitter, sour or acidic. An example of this is of course the lemon which is the favorite of most taste trippers and the quickest way to get the wow factor after eating the miracle berry.
Now the lemon contains a lot of natural fructose, but when we eat the lemon as normal the bitterness overcomes the sweetness therefore we don't register much of a sweet taste, however as soon as the bitterness is removed by the miraculin blocking out the taste bud receptors responsible for bitterness, then we can taste a very sweet lemon.
Then what about other foods like vinegar, well as you know vinegar comes from wine - which comes from grapes - which naturally contain fructose, what about cheese, things like blue cheese, cream cheese and cottage cheese are known to taste sweeter after eating the miracle berry - well these contain lactose a sugar that occurs naturally in milk. What about bitter or Guinness - well they also contain a lot of sugar, but we cannot enjoy a sweet taste because the bitterness is the dominant flavour.
So all in all, its not true that the miracle berry makes things taste sweet, if the miracle berry did make things taste sweet then you could eat anything such as meat, fish, pasta etc and it would taste sweet, but it does not, these things have no naturally occurring sugar and therefore they taste exactly as normal and not sweet at all.
So when you are taking your taste trip and you are wondering what foods might 'appear' to taste sweet then ask yourself, does it have any naturally occurring sugars, fructose (sugar found in fruits), lactose (sugar found in milk), vinegar (pickled foods) or glucose and sucrose, if not then there is no point eating it as the taste will be just as it normally is.
So next time you see an article which claims that the miracle berry is the berry that makes things sweet remind yourself that it doesn't really make things sweet at all, it makes things 'appear' to be sweet !

Berry That Makes Things Taste Sweet
Old 06-17-2009, 07:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

The wife is going to find out. The 2 women will end up in a social situation (school picnic or something) and will start chatting about where they grew up or their kids & husbands and it will come out. If the wife finds out through the other woman or someone else in the community she will think you are hiding something. Although you can probably leave out the bit about wondering if the kid was yours.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

If she ever figures it out just tell her you already told her, and make it up on the fly.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

No matter how upset the wife gets when you tell her, it will be worse when she learns about it later. Tell her now.
And if she does get really upset about an old girlfriend at your church, find a new wife.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

I spent three weeks with a team of scientists in southern Viet Nam, camping and climbing mountains, doing science things. We had to hire local ethnic minority people to come with us, machetes and machine guns in hand, and be on the lookout for illegal loggers who could possibly murder you for stumbling onto their operations(which happened to some other rangers a week after I left).

I didn't bring a tent. Didn't need one, but I did bring a high tech speedo brand towel, a knife, and a hammock. When the camp has plumbing, furniture, paved roads, showers, etc, the notion of just bringing a towel and some clothes shouldn't seem so outlandish. I only needed some cover when it rained, and had I known the weather man was going to lie to me, I would have brought a piece of tarp or a garbage bag.

If you ever really want to go camping, Keith, let me know, my shit will make a bit more sense to you.

Centralia, Pennsylvania, the whip cracked and Keith was not allowed to go camping here.

click me
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.

Last edited by spooky; 06-17-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
Centralia, Pennsylvania, the whip cracked and Keith was not allowed to go camping here.

click me
Wow, that's fucked up.
It's only a two hours away from the 1000th show meetup. Anyone want to go visit?
Old 06-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
I didn't bring a tent. Didn't need one, but I did bring a high tech speedo brand towel, a knife, and a hammock.
That's not camping, that's some Rambo stuff you got going on there.

I thought the term "camping" kinda came from setting up a camp and stuff. With a tent. And something to sleep in. And clothes.

btw, congrats on becoming a democrat Keith. Too bad you hate your country now!!!!!!!!!!11one

Last edited by FrozenViking; 06-17-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Spooky already posted the Wikipedia link, that's all you need. I've been there. It's about as dangerous as Los Angles. Hell, less. Centralia can't fall into the sea.

From what I've seen, it would be more impressive in winter: I went in the summer, so the road's weren't warmer than the air.

But if you all can arrange a trip, it's strange place, worth seeing.

Blah Blah Blah, if any of you die, not my fault. Tm.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

If this is the video JJ talked about, I don't see all the hullabaloo.