Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 12-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I had a weird relationship with BroLo as a simple listener. When i first heard him on the show i thought he was a manic poser, but with a couple more shows i fell in love with him. He's manic, he's a rocker but he has a positive attitude and a big heart that's just addictive.

Lovely to hear the whole bits put in context. Great Work Jason.
There is still an element of the rock poser about BroLo but he's so open and honest and fearless about revealing himself warts and all on the show that it's totally disarming. Plus he's kind of the real deal, he has skills to back up the pose.

It's also funny that Keith, who has this gift for pegging people as soon as he meets them, misread BroLo for a while. BroLo is so much that he overpowered Keith's sensors and Keith didn't just get one wrong, he got one way the fuck wrong to the point they're gone from disrespect to being in love with each other a little bit for quite some time now and are completely hilarious together. I also love how BroLo loves Chemda, like they're practically family, and the way they spark off each other is equally hilarious.

I always meant to go back and find the roots of the BroLo story myself so I could revisit it in the context of now, but thank the gods for panicBoy and his fancy skills, now I don't need to.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

BroLo remind me of a guy i was best buddies with when times were different. He's the guy i would hang out with, get drunk and tell something personal at 5 am... Being perfectly safe on the morning after that he wont tell a word because you can trust me with your life.

Life and my own shittyness ruined our friendship but whenever i hear Keith and Brolo banter. i'm brought back.

Note on guests from the past: I was used to have disdain for Max Darwin. But.... He was funny! He had a weird fucked up personality and was a schemer but he had a very good comic timing with Chemda and Keith. As long as you didnt call him gay.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

Great Beginnings episode. Probably one of my favorites.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #14 (permalink)

ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I had a weird relationship with BroLo as a simple listener. When i first heard him on the show i thought he was a manic poser, but with a couple more shows i fell in love with him. He's manic, he's a rocker but he has a positive atrtitude and a big heart that's just addictive.

Lovely to hear the whole bits put in context. Great Work Jason.
ditto - didn't like him starting out then, somehow, my wife AND I own both solo his albums ... so weird to hear the early show about him (and hell, i heard them back then so i guess i forgot all that stuff)

dig the digging it up!
Old 12-28-2009, 04:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

I'm totally looking forward to a number of huge happenings that I'll be coming upon soon in this series. The Max Darwin meltdown and the PodShow contract come to mind.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

If you build an episode about max it could be somthing out of a "Behind KATG special".

Horray Jason!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I also had an ambivalent relationship with Brolo when he first showed up, but the man is pure. He's just himself and fuck everything else. And now I'm truly in love. There are a few guests that just make me clap like a retarded seal and Brolo is one of them. (Patrice, Ben, Ray, Pat and Jesse are some of the others)
Old 12-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #18 (permalink)

Brolo is good people--Golden. You don't hear, but you absolutely feel the Electric Funk that surrounds him when he walks by. He is a Rock God and I have no problem admitting when I hear that opening PAAAARRRTAAAYSUUPPPAPPAAARTTTYY! I go weak at the knees.

/sillystarstruckfangirl
Old 12-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #19 (permalink)

Before They Were Friends

The segment where Keith, Chemda and Michael is what I referenced on the show 1088. I wasn't, however, the guy they were talking about who recorded the conversation for Brolo because I was hanging with Keith and Chemda at the time (I was doing my own recording).

I had met Brolo earlier that day and though he was very self confident or like the cock-of-the-walk he also seemed to be that way to the core -- that was him all the way through, not just some put-on for when a camera was on him. Also, he was very nice to everyone he met. Further more, having had to sell stuff at times myself, I liked the fact that he was bullet proof within these crowds of people -- no one could get him down. Since that time, I've only seen Brolo's Brolo-ness wane twice:

The first was at the third Podcast Expo after he had been selling it very hard for KaTG and for himself for three days in a row. On the last day he fell asleep in a chair at the bar. I was kind of surprised by that time that he didn't sell it in his sleep because he was on for every other second of that weekend I just figured he could sleep walk and talk the talk and walk the walk.

The second was when he, Keith, Chemda, Nicholas (my son), Gabrielle (my daughter) and I went out to eat. Nicholas projectile vomited in his general direction (all over me and Bother Love was sitting right next to me). He recovered in a matter of seconds but by that time he had bolted for the door and had the decency to at least look like he was checking messages on his phone (I guess he hasn't had to parent a sick kid too much).

Other than that, weather you like his personality or not, what you see seems to be him inside and out. Yeah, there is a little "sell" and a little "bull-fluff" in his personality but he's a good guy. Since the time I met him, I've admired him for his tenacity as well as his good nature. Just look at what Keith and Chemda said about him in this podcast -- but he didn't let it bother him and now they are best friends.

They are all three good shits.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Loving this! Too funny to hear them shit on Brolo. My favorite line: "He looks like he's having a seizure....and he thinks it's cool".

Last edited by crazy4having3; 12-29-2009 at 12:20 PM.