Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Last Week on KATG (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   110: Shows 3293 - 3295 (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f50/110-shows-3293-3295-a-21894/)

Lanfear 07-21-2020 04:20 AM

Hugs Bianca!
The safe not invasive but still loving and supportive virtual ones.

rodimusprime 07-21-2020 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 884462)
You’d forget and think it was what we considered quality or even “okay”.

What about a new spin off KATG VIP show called "Bad Quality" and it's just all the bad quality shows from over the years?

Also I loved this episode. Keep yelling at these motherfuckers Keith. It's cathartic. I need this in my life. I feel like the kid sitting in doors looking at the window at the other kids playing games. Except they're playing games in the street during rush hour traffic! LOL

Menomena Matt 07-21-2020 02:21 PM

Bianca, you're the best! We are all figuring this out in real time, and it's ok to be conflicted and confused.

litlokc 07-21-2020 04:49 PM

LW 110

Bianca, you are great! Feel how you feel, but I do not think you have anything to be embarrassed of. I am impressed at how clearly you were able to express yourself, in that moment.
I would enjoy a Bianca wrap up after hearing the first few shows of KATG. They were a little different, a similar and shorter. Just a thought.
I understand Keith's views on yelling at the non-maskers. I want to yell at them sometimes too, but I also find most people annoying. For me, I think when someone is yelling about something, it makes me pause to consider.
The take away, wear a mask. To save those with an impaired immune system, they hide in plain sight.

vincecult 07-21-2020 07:24 PM

Bianca is unquestionably a delight and one hell of a Puzzleman to boot! What a stellar lady!

Steph 07-21-2020 09:49 PM

Bianca is the best!

thirteen 07-21-2020 10:41 PM

Bianca's the best.

Jessica332 07-22-2020 07:05 AM

The highlight of my drive to work in the morning is listening to Keith and the Girl or one of the VIP shows. That being said I recently had a Bianca moment where instead of being my break from the world the show was making me angry, sad and feel all different kinds of emotions. I am working with young children so this was definitely not a good way to start my day. I took a break from the show which also made me sad because I never miss a show. I get covering the big issues but the shows felt angry and had no comic relief. When the BLM and COVID are all you hear about on the news, what everyone is talking about at work, and all that is on Facebook and the other social media outlets it became too much. I just couldn’t be yelled at all the way to work or have someone who lives a way different life then me making me feel like what I am experiencing and feeling is wrong. Don’t get me wrong and think I am against BLM and didn’t think it should be covered on the news or on the show. I just needed some relief and when the whole show was just making me feel scared and angry about the state of the world. I had to stop listening for a minute. I go through periods where the whole COVID thing really makes me angry. Like I said I am working and finally back to full time. Full time for me means working 51 1/2 hours a week. When the kids weren’t here we were still working but I only worked 40 hour weeks which was a $300 a paycheck difference. It really hurt me not having that money. I come from a world where my friends and I are poor. For my friends, my son, his girlfriend the world never shutdown. They were working in the stores and restaurants. The ones that did loss their jobs some have not seen a dime of unemployment and are worried about when evictions start up what they are going to do. So some of the views on the show are coming from a place that I don’t think are realistic to most of the world especially the poor population who have been out there working this whole time. Normally things like that can come down to that is your option and this is mine but when you are already having a hard time it just hits you wrong. When someone thinks they are so right with ever option they have and don’t take into account that others have different experiences and views because they aren’t taking into account that there is a different part of the population who is having a different experience with this. There is a part of the population that fear they are not going to fully recover from this for years if at all. I do get obviously that all these things need to be covered. Bianca I love Last Week on Keith and the Girl and don’t feel embarrassed for crying. We have all been there especially right now.

rodimusprime 07-22-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica332 (Post 884497)
The highlight of my drive to work in the morning is listening to Keith and the Girl or one of the VIP shows. That being said I recently had a Bianca moment where instead of being my break from the world the show was making me angry, sad and feel all different kinds of emotions. I am working with young children so this was definitely not a good way to start my day. I took a break from the show which also made me sad because I never miss a show. I get covering the big issues but the shows felt angry and had no comic relief. When the BLM and COVID are all you hear about on the news, what everyone is talking about at work, and all that is on Facebook and the other social media outlets it became too much. I just couldn’t be yelled at all the way to work or have someone who lives a way different life then me making me feel like what I am experiencing and feeling is wrong. Don’t get me wrong and think I am against BLM and didn’t think it should be covered on the news or on the show. I just needed some relief and when the whole show was just making me feel scared and angry about the state of the world. I had to stop listening for a minute. I go through periods where the whole COVID thing really makes me angry. Like I said I am working and finally back to full time. Full time for me means working 51 1/2 hours a week. When the kids weren’t here we were still working but I only worked 40 hour weeks which was a $300 a paycheck difference. It really hurt me not having that money. I come from a world where my friends and I are poor. For my friends, my son, his girlfriend the world never shutdown. They were working in the stores and restaurants. The ones that did loss their jobs some have not seen a dime of unemployment and are worried about when evictions start up what they are going to do. So some of the views on the show are coming from a place that I don’t think are realistic to most of the world especially the poor population who have been out there working this whole time. Normally things like that can come down to that is your option and this is mine but when you are already having a hard time it just hits you wrong. When someone thinks they are so right with ever option they have and don’t take into account that others have different experiences and views because they aren’t taking into account that there is a different part of the population who is having a different experience with this. There is a part of the population that fear they are not going to fully recover from this for years if at all. I do get obviously that all these things need to be covered. Bianca I love Last Week on Keith and the Girl and don’t feel embarrassed for crying. We have all been there especially right now.

I feel what you’re saying but Keith ranting about people needing to wear masks isn’t the same as coming down on you for having to go to work. He’s talking about people who are not wearing masks or social distancing just for the fuck of it. If anything those people are putting essential workers like you at higher risk right? It just seems like people are conflating Keith’s anger at douchebags sitting in the bar spreading Covid to “own the libs” with this idea Keith is mad at anyone who has even left the house for any reason. Keith leaves the house for work. Keith sees his girlfriend and the kids. I don’t think he is some hard ass unreasonable person on this.

And Keith is always ranting. That’s his default mode. If the world outside is shit and he’s gone from ranting about Me Too to BLM or those who don’t social distance what’s so bad about that? He rants. It’s his love language. So what is it about BLM that makes the rants too hard to listen to?

Bucho 07-22-2020 06:21 PM

It really got to me when Bianca said it doesn't make her feel safer hearing someone else - friends even - sounding as frustrated and helpless and fearful and hopeless as Keith and Chemda have sounded at times lately. On the one hand their realness is what makes them so relatable, and witnessing the anger of someone on your side can be cathartic in some ways, but on the other hand when you feel somewhat adrift among chaos often the last thing you need is more chaos.

Bianca's been open about how much Keith's Bummer News segments affect her even when they're turned into jokes, so when - as Jessica put it - they become all-anger-no-comedy and are about literal and personal matters of life and death, as they are for anyone dealing with the kinds of health issues Chemda and Bianca deal with, it makes all the sense in the world that the vibe of the show would go over a line and become too difficult to listen to.

And to be clear, all-anger-no-comedy is exactly what those moments should be if that's what's in Keith and/or Chemda's heart in those moments. None of this is a criticism of the show. It's just to point out Bianca shouldn't feel like a dummy for feeling that KATG isn't what she needs in some of those moments.