Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Last Week on KATG (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   110: Shows 3293 - 3295 (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f50/110-shows-3293-3295-a-21894/)

Steph 07-23-2020 10:37 AM

I do hope that now with all we know about Keith's dad that we don't believe that if he had not parented Keith in the way he did that Keith would have "ruled the roost."
C'mon, Keith needed an empathetic, loving, sane, father. A father who didn't yell when Keith did something he didn't like.
Yelling at people one disagrees with doesn't fix anything. It just makes people retreat into their corners.
It's cathartic, it can be entertaining, it can feel good to the yeller in the moment.
Yelling at a child is appropriate when they are about to be hit by a car or about to touch hot stove. Immediate physical danger. Then after you yell you hug them, tell them you love them, and do what you can to repair the trauma of being yelled at.
Believe it or not, everyone is actually doing the best they can. Some people's best is pretty terrible, for sure. But why? If they are drinking in the streets it's probably because they don't have the capacity to cope in a different way. Our society is providing no supports to struggling people. World leaders could have prevented this pandemic and they didn't. That is not the fault of people who are unable to cope with more isolation.

Scorpion 07-23-2020 12:13 PM

I will be tested but testing today means your body hasn’t reaches yet
You need approximately 2 weeks to show it on a test that’s why there are 2 week quarantines
To give your body time to exhibit the virus on a test from last exposure

Trust me I’m not loving the idea but better safe than sorry

Scorpion 07-23-2020 12:16 PM

Thanks I’m by the Atlantic coast
I’ll be tested when I get back and again at the end of the quarantine when I get back to Michigan

Scorpion 07-23-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 884524)
Could you maybe take a covid test instead of isolating yourself when you come back?

Ha! I said in summary half way down!!! What a ma-roon! Haha

This could have been an even longer email!

Lanfear 07-23-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph (Post 884534)
I do hope that now with all we know about Keith's dad that we don't believe that if he had not parented Keith in the way he did that Keith would have "ruled the roost."
C'mon, Keith needed an empathetic, loving, sane, father. A father who didn't yell when Keith did something he didn't like.
Yelling at people one disagrees with doesn't fix anything. It just makes people retreat into their corners.
It's cathartic, it can be entertaining, it can feel good to the yeller in the moment.
Yelling at a child is appropriate when they are about to be hit by a car or about to touch hot stove. Immediate physical danger. Then after you yell you hug them, tell them you love them, and do what you can to repair the trauma of being yelled at.
Believe it or not, everyone is actually doing the best they can. Some people's best is pretty terrible, for sure. But why? If they are drinking in the streets it's probably because they don't have the capacity to cope in a different way. Our society is providing no supports to struggling people. World leaders could have prevented this pandemic and they didn't. That is not the fault of people who are unable to cope with more isolation.

YES THIS

Turning out as a decent human being after a fucked up past is a silly movie trope not something we should promote.

Poki 07-26-2020 01:01 PM

Love you Bianca!

Bianca,

Don't be embarrassed. Not only is it OK to be vulnerable, it's really good. If you're not already familiar with the work of Brene Brown, I highly recommend checking her out. She had a really good TED talk about the power of vulnerability.

Hearing you being honest as you worked through your emotions made me feel closer to you, and made me like you more.

Please keep up the good work - you're doing great!

Aloha,
-Poki

critter2003 07-28-2020 02:48 AM

Love you Bianca!

As so many others have already said, you don’t need to be embarrassed about crying. It’s the realness of Keith and the Girl that makes the show great. If that means Keith needs to yell, I want to hear him yell and if that means you need to cry, I want to hear you cry. It takes a lot to stand up to Keith in those moments and you spoke very eloquently.

I agree with the sentiment that yelling at people, probably isn’t the best way to get them to change but at the same time it was funny and cathartic. So thanks for Keith, Chemda and Bianca - you’re all helping us get through this in your own way.

bw81 07-29-2020 01:46 AM

Big love, Bianca ❤️