Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Last Week on KATG

Last Week on KATG Bianca, Rod, and Karen wrap-up the week

View Poll Results: Did you know about early in-person voting before this year?
Yes 22 59.46%
No 15 40.54%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree125Likes

Old 10-28-2020, 03:00 AM   #21 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I love Bianca with all my heart. And of course now comes the but.

I love that the new hosts interact with the forums. Bianca said
She was too afraid to read mean stuff even if there was only
praise.
Bianca A+
K and R A++
Scorpion and rodimusprime like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I apologize for my vagueness, this is happening in real time.

I've been in a triple since 2002.

In 2016, The Husband voted for Trump and it, unfortunately, was part of the demise of my relationship with him. Our differences that were quaint for so many years were not so cute anymore. We all live together and do love each other, so we attempt not to ruffle the other's feathers and maintain respect.

In July this year, they went to an event together and got covid. It caused us not to see each other for a month while they recovered together.

When The Wife came back, she was/is different. She plans to vote for Trump and she didn't in 2016. She has always been centric, leaning left. I am struggling with what a vote for Trump represents to me and how I reconcile that looking at the person I am in love with.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 3 others like this.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:31 AM   #23 (permalink)

I think a major reason we didn't know is it varies from state to state. 20 states require a reason for early voting. My state didn't allow early voting without an excuse until 2010.

New York signed a law to allow 8 days of early voting in New York in 2019.

I'm 35 and I thought mail in voting was for if you weren't around that day. I didn't know about early voting at polls or that you could request a mail in ballot and then drop it off at a ballot box rather than mail it. I found out about the options because I follow a news site for my state. So I spread the news myself to everyone I knew.

Dropping of my ballot meant no line at all! I loved it and I wish I knew about it before. That's all I'm doing from now on. So many people I know have talked about voting early at the polls or dropped off their ballot like me for the first time.
I would encourage doing it as early as possible though because politicians have already said they don't care if it's postmarked by the right date, they will stop counting after a certain time. With Trump trying to hurt the post office, that's probably their plan to delay ballots and not count them.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:47 AM   #24 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

We are on 24 comments.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:29 AM   #25 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Also: Any Borat 2 thoughts?
It was hilarious. The actress who plays the daughter stole the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
I love Bianca with all my heart. And of course now comes the but.

I love that the new hosts interact with the forums. Bianca said
She was too afraid to read mean stuff even if there was only
praise.
Bianca A+
K and R A++
I do love the forums and so far everyone has been really nice. Although the second ya'll turn on me I'm OUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryLavender View Post
I apologize for my vagueness, this is happening in real time.

I've been in a triple since 2002.

In 2016, The Husband voted for Trump and it, unfortunately, was part of the demise of my relationship with him. Our differences that were quaint for so many years were not so cute anymore. We all live together and do love each other, so we attempt not to ruffle the other's feathers and maintain respect.

In July this year, they went to an event together and got covid. It caused us not to see each other for a month while they recovered together.

When The Wife came back, she was/is different. She plans to vote for Trump and she didn't in 2016. She has always been centric, leaning left. I am struggling with what a vote for Trump represents to me and how I reconcile that looking at the person I am in love with.
Holy crap that must be really tough. I think Trump broke up a lot of relationships in a way no other president has. On the show it just seemed so odd because there's no way Trump's administration would be approving of a throuple or any sort of queer relationship. So to know that people in a relationship like that still wanted to support him is just very perplexing.

Sorry you're going through this.

Quote:
We are on 24 comments.
hahaha
Keith, The Girl and Scorpion like this.
Old 10-28-2020, 11:00 AM   #26 (permalink)

When someone turns on you I will fight them with the power of big Pharma.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
When someone turns on you I will fight them with the power of big Pharma.
As long as it's not Scorpion. That dude's got guns!
Scorpion likes this.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:45 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
As long as it's not Scorpion. That dude's got guns!
I think he is on my side.

Scorpion?
Scorpion likes this.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:16 PM   #29 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
Holy crap that must be really tough. I think Trump broke up a lot of relationships in a way no other president has. On the show it just seemed so odd because there's no way Trump's administration would be approving of a throuple or any sort of queer relationship. So to know that people in a relationship like that still wanted to support him is just very perplexing.

Sorry you're going through this.
Thanks, Rod. She literally just voted and I'm disturbed. This has been my person for almost 2 decades and she feels like a stranger to me right now. It's sad to admit that I have wished for covid brain, whatever the fuck that might be.

And you and Karen are doing a great job! I've been a listener since the very beginning and my daughter is a 2nd Gen listener, and we are huge fans of Bianca. I feel like you two have found your rhythm and are making the show yours now. I chuckle whenever you say something that is opposite of moving briskly along.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Rod was SO on point about The Vow. It was very hit or miss. If you just want the TLDR: watch the last two, or even just the 2nd and 3rd-to-last episodes (I found the finale boring). If you're actually interested in the case, I suggest listening to the CBC podcast "Escaping Nxivm", and "Nxivm on Trial" from the Times Union. They provide a lot more detail without putting anyone to sleep. If anyone would like to discuss all this, I’m down. It hits home a bit for me (see below), and it's been a bit of a pandemic research project.

HOWEVER, if you’re really into cults or documentaries (CHEMDA!), it’s worth it to watch the whole thing. They really go into the minutia of why and how people get sucked into things like this. Yes, some of it is stupidity, and more of it is being extremely emotionally vulnerable. It’s a study in slow manipulation, gaslighting and misogyny. Lots of feelings. It is also insane how much incriminating material they have recorded. As mentioned in this episode, one of the filmmakers was at the top of Nxivm, close to Keith. This is what gives The Vow some of its only merritt - Nxivm was purposely videoing SO much in real time, and when people started breaking away, they have phone calls recorded. Yet, what’s also disappointing is that this documentary is the tip of the iceberg in terms of Keith's psychosis and crimes. Just be ready for several boring bits. One week I’d be bored to death, another week I was riveted.

Re: Sarah Edmonson’s husband not knowing about her brand, it was because they were having intimacy problems. They hadn’t had sex in a long time, and one episode has a recording of Lauren Salzman arguing to Sarah that her marriage was fucked up, not the brand itself. Relationships were another interesting underlying theme; notice the huge difference between how Nippy backs up Sarah and immediately turns on the cult upon her confession, and dummy Mark Vicente questions his wife for a while (Selfish fantasy: I would really love to hear Chemda’s reaction to all that).

I took a particular interest in this because I am from the Capital Region (family lived very close to the community, and around the corner from the training center), and my sister had a substantial run-in with Jness (the “women’s empowerment” group within Nxivm, what turned out to be the pipeline to DOS). A friend convinced her to take an intro weekend session about a decade ago in NYC. They spent one-on-one time with Alison Mack and Nicki Clyne. As the curriculum got going, my sister found it really insulting and misogynistic. She kept confronting and arguing with the instructors and asked so many questions in class that on Saturday night, they asked her to keep her questions for later because she was derailing the timing of the program. That night, she had a long talk with Alison about her concerns, who gaslighted the shit out of her. Told her just to open her mind more and just keep going, she didn’t understand the full picture yet. My sister decided it was BS, but paid money so went back to sessions on Sunday. When the curriculum got into some really fucked up topics about fathers, daughters and sexuality, she told off the instructor (we have serious mommy issues, but an awesome father), and left in angry tears. For years, she felt guilty. Knowing she can be “mouthy and aggressive,” she worried that despite her disapproval, maybe she ruined the experience for other women who may have identified with the program. Not anymore! I was so proud when I heard this. She was also really vulnerable at the time, but still had a good bullshit meter and self-respect.
Maya likes this.

Last edited by Mado; 10-28-2020 at 02:35 PM.