Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Last Week on KATG

Last Week on KATG Bianca, Rod, and Karen wrap-up the week

Like Tree23Likes

Old 08-11-2021, 08:28 AM   #11 (permalink)

I had a comment for the 10-20 minute naps. One of the reasons people aim for that is it takes about 30 minutes before you transition into deeper sleep. For me, waking up from a deeper sleep messes me up. My brain feels foggy for hours after and the nap made my day worse.

In general, I don't find naps refreshing. It's more like my brain feels tired and it just needs to shut off for a little bit so I can just not be so sleepy. I tell my phone to set an alarm for 40 minutes because it might take 10-15 minutes to fall asleep and having that extra time helps keep me from watching the clock. Then one of three things happens. I do actually fall asleep and the alarm does wake me before I get too deep and mess up my day. Or I drift off for just a few minutes and then my brain is like nope, changed my mind, we are waking up and we will be so alert I know I'm not sleeping more. Or I lie there and after long while I start thinking this isn't happening, check the time, if it's been 20 minutes I tell my brain it had it's chance, no more trying for a nap. We just had a 20 minute rest instead.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I take "power" naps when I feel really sleepy. It's rare and I sleep for about 20-30 min. at a time and feel refreshed. If I take more than 45 min. I tend to feel melancholic, like I wasn't supposed to sleep for that long in the middle of the day. I feel off.

Suicide Squad was entertaining but it wasn't anything special. We've already seen similar styles of humour in a lot of superhero movies, including Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, Avengers, etc. In SS, the humour was really shoved into places it didn't need to be. Margot Robbie was the best thing about it.
Old 08-11-2021, 01:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
I take "power" naps when I feel really sleepy. It's rare and I sleep for about 20-30 min. at a time and feel refreshed. If I take more than 45 min. I tend to feel melancholic, like I wasn't supposed to sleep for that long in the middle of the day. I feel off.

Suicide Squad was entertaining but it wasn't anything special. We've already seen similar styles of humour in a lot of superhero movies, including Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, Avengers, etc. In SS, the humour was really shoved into places it didn't need to be. Margot Robbie was the best thing about it.
I used to have a job where I took naps and it was a lifesaver.

Oh Suicide Squad wasn't special but it was just like the Guardians, Deadpool and Avengers. You mean some of the greatest movies in the genre? I rest my motherfucking case.
Old 08-11-2021, 01:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Hahaha

You're the best, Rod.
Old 08-11-2021, 01:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You already admitted Guardians is so much better than Suicide.

Behave.

You’re the dude mad at Obama having a maskless party while you don’t believe in masks anyway.

We see you.
Old 08-11-2021, 01:43 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You already admitted Guardians is so much better than Suicide.

Behave.

You’re the dude mad at Obama having a maskless party while you don’t believe in masks anyway.

We see you.
Guardians is better but Suicide Squad was still good. I enjoyed it. If you stop living in your Black and White world you'll be able to understand my point.
Old 08-11-2021, 01:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

"I enjoyed it."

I told you we'd get there ...

"I feel it didn't waste my time and I stand by it."
Old 08-11-2021, 02:25 PM   #18 (permalink)

I haven’t changed anything. You skipped over where I said “It was good” which is what I said the entire time Keith. I have never changed anything I’ve said about it.
Old 08-11-2021, 02:41 PM   #19 (permalink)

Regarding leftovers:

There's no world in which I'm going to throw out something that "expired" today because it might be bad. It's wasteful. Again, you can use common sense and your actual senses to figure out what's good or bad. Obviously, you shouldn't take any chances with very specific food items, but most are OK to continue eating for a short period of time.

If you've been following KATG food-related stories over the past 15+ years, you'd know that a lot of Keith's stories are way more sus compared to Chemda's. He went to a restaurant before the Madonna concert with Kyle, had leftover pasta, left it on some utility box in a public place, then picked it up after the concert. TO EAT.
The Girl likes this.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I haven’t changed anything. You skipped over where I said “It was good” which is what I said the entire time Keith. I have never changed anything I’ve said about it.
There were more than a few Os in your "good"