Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Last Week on KATG (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   177: Shows 3490 - 3492 (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f50/177-shows-3490-3492-a-22355/)

Keith 01-24-2022 07:16 PM

177: Shows 3490 - 3492

It’s me, Karen! I’m back, and I allowed Rod to join me. We talk about what hooked us and Chemda to Hookers at the Point, self-cheering, and trimming those lady parts. We told Keith and Chemda that we talked about adopting Bianca and how Steve Harvey has the best judge show of all time. Thanks, and don't forget to watch out for cars while on camera.

Guests:
Karen Morrow
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...OW-100x100.png

Rod Morrow
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...OW-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Apia resurrected 01-25-2022 12:08 AM

Rod is right about the hotlines.
When I call my work IT hotline at first I have to prove that I'm not an idiot.
They aren't saying that of course but I notice by the questions. They are sniffing my out at first. Like a dog. I often said I swear I'm not an idiot but feel free to check.
Unfortunately the company is so big that there are often forme new Operators and we have to start over.

Apia resurrected 01-25-2022 12:15 AM

People love to tell you they have the hardest job.
When I was thinking about going to this industry in 2005 people who already worked here loved to tell me how hard it was.
And that the good times are over. Now it's only pain and hardship.
It's not easy I get it but what is. Maybe being a child of a celebrity and "designing" handbags? And famous dad promotes them?

But I'm sure they still feel bad about themselves.

Apia resurrected 01-25-2022 01:14 AM

I'd also prefer blowing if I had to choose one.

1. I have more control
2. No pregnancy risk
3. Less talking with the guy
4. I'd rather look at a dick than a face I don't like.

Apia resurrected 01-25-2022 05:26 AM

Yes for Rod on Diamond dogs.
Rod is great on everything. More Rod= more good.

thirteen 01-25-2022 10:50 AM

When I was 14 or 15, I worked at McDonald's.

Does anyone remember the Chicken McGrill? A lady came in and wanted a brown bun instead of white. I made note of it and let the kitchen bois know. We weren't able to enter it into the system at the time; people were generally very into white bread.

I gave her the meal. She came back and started yelling at me about how I screwed up the order and that she absolutely had to have the brown bun, not white. She then grabbed my wrist, trying to pull me towards her (although there was a counter and cash register between us) and started yelling some more.

The manager happened to be one of the seniors at my high school, so we had a bit of a rapport with each other. He ran over and told her to take her hands off of me.

I was shook but got over it eventually.

I also had a countless number of men ask me to smile.

Anyway, fast food is another one of those jobs that I think everyone should do at some point in their lives, hopefully when they're young and resilient.

BiancaB 01-26-2022 06:31 PM

Thank you Rod and Karen

Man oh man! I was listening to this one absolutely screaming, wishing I could pipe in, because I am ~~~~literally~~~~ professionally employed as the manager of a customer service department for a luxury women's clothing and shoe brand! I also don't know why people in these positions don't just give everything the caller wants (I do). It's not my money!

Also, I like to challenge myself. I build a forcefield of polite clarity so powerful that just last week a woman wrote to me to say, "You're always so calm and judicious it makes me feel stupid for getting mad." Not saying I'm changing the world, but I'm also not *not* saying that.

And finally, if any BIPOC need me to make a customer service call on their behalf, I'd be happy to lace it with as much caucacity as I can muster.

SpareBen 01-27-2022 07:01 AM

Ok, new VIP show idea- Bianca responds to whatever the hell she wants because she’s Bianca. If not VIP, your own Patreon? Let’s say 10 of us follow at the $5 level, might be a nice boost.

Doesn’t need to be fancy - play an episode through computer speaker, record a voice memo. Podcast commentary- the wave of the future.

rodimusprime 01-27-2022 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirteen (Post 891881)
When I was 14 or 15, I worked at McDonald's.

Does anyone remember the Chicken McGrill? A lady came in and wanted a brown bun instead of white. I made note of it and let the kitchen bois know. We weren't able to enter it into the system at the time; people were generally very into white bread.

I gave her the meal. She came back and started yelling at me about how I screwed up the order and that she absolutely had to have the brown bun, not white. She then grabbed my wrist, trying to pull me towards her (although there was a counter and cash register between us) and started yelling some more.

The manager happened to be one of the seniors at my high school, so we had a bit of a rapport with each other. He ran over and told her to take her hands off of me.

I was shook but got over it eventually.

I also had a countless number of men ask me to smile.

Anyway, fast food is another one of those jobs that I think everyone should do at some point in their lives, hopefully when they're young and resilient.

People are the worst. They get a little bit of power and lose their fucking minds. The people who eat the healthy stuff are always a loose cannon because those restaurants aren't really about serving health food. It's never going to be right.

bluenova 02-10-2022 06:48 AM

I was on vacay and am catching up. The customer service talk hit me as I had a very fresh experience. I had to call my credit card people to re-book a flight I bought with points and the first call took 40 minutes of him not figuring it out before he put me on hold for ANOTHER 40 minutes for a manager. I hung up and called again rather than keep waiting. 2nd person took an hour to fail at figuring it out before the call dropped.

I call a 3rd time and I'm ready to jump straight to a manager and try something else, but then this person got it done in 11 minutes. I'm both incredibly grateful it was finally done so fast... and absolutely furious the others were so incapable and I was left on hold for so long before.