Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums CHU & A

CHU & A Newsychu gets your questions answered

Like Tree23Likes

Old 01-20-2023, 01:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
How'd you know I envisioned you as Titus shucking corn in some overalls???

Because unfortunately he and I are too alike?

I hate that somewhere along the way I've decided that the attention of a self actualized gay man Isn't Enough.

I didn't grow up with any ideas of what or how marriage/long term relationships would look like for me. Add that to a life of making bad-to-very-bad decisions which only further eroded my already low self esteem?
Why would I thrust all of this on some gay man that works at Citibank and just wants some golden doodles and a sectional couch?

Find me someone with their own issues so I won't secretly feel like a monster in the confines of our relationship.

Anywho, I attempted to address the lack of communication and don't think I'll be hearing from him anymore so.. Once again, everyone with my best interest in mind - feel relieved.
🥲

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shoebootie and XenoTitty like this.
Old 01-20-2023, 01:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
Because unfortunately he and I are too alike?

I hate that somewhere along the way I've decided that the attention of a self actualized gay man Isn't Enough.
Hey... you are enough.

You're a good person when you're not making yourself be the villain in yours or anyone else's story.

Newsy and littlp like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 09:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Newsy, he’s just not that into you. I’m sorry.

Also I can speak on the POW: Veteran issues. I work for the VHA which is separate from benefits. I had a POW who was only 80% service connected which when I saw that I very loudly said “what the actual fuck?!?!” And when I met this gentleman and learned that he had been captured by the Germans for a year and a half, had to eat fucking grass soup and dirt to try to survive, managed to escape only to be captured by the Russians and held for another 6 months before he was finally rescued-I about lost my mind. He gave permission to share his story as he wrote an autobiography. The way it works-which blame Congress for this- there is an algorithm that they look at to determine service connection-which is receiving monetary compensation for injuries incurred while in the service. It doesn’t have to be during war time. They say that they can’t go over 100% because you can’t be more than 100% of a person. They estimate how much a condition affects the body and assigns the number based on that. So per this bullshit algorithm despite him being a POW for 2 years his injuries only affected 80% of his total body. Total bullshit-I think anyone who was a POW should automatically have everything taken care of for the rest of their lives since they gave their lives for this country. Again-it is decided by Congress which is why it is so vital to vote in the mid-terms and not only when it is for the president.

Keith, The Girl and Newsy like this.
Old 01-20-2023, 09:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Also re: the soldiers captured peeing on corpses-they absolutely only got in trouble because they got caught because they took pictures. They needed to recruit a lot of people for the war in Iraq and Afghanistan that they did a lot of mental health exceptions so they could get their numbers up. This means there were a LOT of people with personality disorders that were fighting. And instead of helping them they threw them to the wolves.

I don’t recall if they were dishonorably discharged but if they were it means they could never get care at any VA, could never apply for service connection for compensation for any injuries received in service-which also includes PTSD, depression etc. I’ve had several Veterans rated at 100% for PTSD, mainly Vietnam vets and the majority of them are damn near catatonic. This is why it was a big deal with Bo Bergdahl(I know I fucked up the spelling), got a dishonorable discharge. All of the injuries he received while captured he can never be compensated for nor receive any care from the VA for it. He has to private pay for everything.

Keith and Newsy like this.
Old 01-21-2023, 07:46 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
Also re: the soldiers captured peeing on corpses-they absolutely only got in trouble because they got caught because they took pictures. They needed to recruit a lot of people for the war in Iraq and Afghanistan that they did a lot of mental health exceptions so they could get their numbers up. This means there were a LOT of people with personality disorders that were fighting. And instead of helping them they threw them to the wolves.

I don’t recall if they were dishonorably discharged but if they were it means they could never get care at any VA, could never apply for service connection for compensation for any injuries received in service-which also includes PTSD, depression etc. I’ve had several Veterans rated at 100% for PTSD, mainly Vietnam vets and the majority of them are damn near catatonic. This is why it was a big deal with Bo Bergdahl(I know I fucked up the spelling), got a dishonorable discharge. All of the injuries he received while captured he can never be compensated for nor receive any care from the VA for it. He has to private pay for everything.

Fuckin a. Glad I never went into the navy like I had soft plans to.

XenoTitty likes this.
Old 01-21-2023, 11:16 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
Newsy, he’s just not that into you. I’m sorry.
I wasted gas and quality eye contact on him. 🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲

Old 01-21-2023, 01:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I wasted gas and quality eye contact on him. 🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲

You can use it as a learning opportunity. A guy who uses the "we" so early does it probably in a strategic way. And honestly how bold. My dating days are long over but I never used "we" so early.
Now as a sales pro I would say an early we should create the illusion of a deeper connection.
shoebootie likes this.
Old 01-21-2023, 01:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
You can use it as a learning opportunity. A guy who uses the "we" so early does it probably in a strategic way. And honestly how bold. My dating days are long over but I never used "we" so early.
Now as a sales pro I would say an early we should create the illusion of a deeper connection.

I just can't believe he got past my BS detection. Normally I would roll my eyes at such future building! A learning lesson is right!!

Old 01-22-2023, 01:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I just can't believe he got past my BS detection. Normally I would roll my eyes at such future building! A learning lesson is right!!

Oh I get it. He came out later if he even did, he lives somewhere on the land and seems inexperienced. You didn’t expect pro moves from him.

His “Stück“ is “ I’m just a harmless country guy!“

Last edited by Apia resurrected; 01-22-2023 at 01:24 AM.
Old 01-22-2023, 01:22 AM   #20 (permalink)

It’s like when I was younger and dated a less hot guy I thought he would behave better to make up for it. No.