Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums CHU & A

CHU & A Newsychu gets your questions answered

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Keith
  • 1 Post By Apia resurrected
  • 1 Post By Scorpion
  • 2 Post By Apia resurrected
  • 1 Post By Newsy

Old 06-11-2020, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

6: What Did I Do?

Good Covid, Chubirds! (Maybe I'll still workshop my fanbase name.) First off, this week I ask the question, "Can you get the coronavirus from a Memory?" We talk toxic cuteness (a Newsy specific disease), more protest talk, whether or not I'm a ****, and, in the Boiling Points segment, I voluntarily turn Keith's anger toward myself. Who could get mad at lil’ ol' me?!

Guest:
Newsy

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Scorpion likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I am a little afraid to write this.

I heard black people saying white folks shouldn't ask them what to do, it's not their responsibility to educate and I think that's right.
Dont burden them with your insecurities and use Google .

But when there's some blm graffiti done without asking first it's also not good.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Fuck that guy

Chu,
Don’t literally buy fuck that guy. That dude that said you should have come to him first, no fuck that! He publicly, in a paper said some shit, did he consult you first before calling these other guys out? Did he try to talk to them? NO! But his self important ass needs consulting? Fuck him! You did the right thing. Unless he calls the paper and retracted his statement, again don’t literally fuck him but to hell with that guy.

Yes, I kind of get his point about the guys who started the art thing and I get his wanting to be consulted but once he went public without talking it out with a mix of opinions then he has moved the conversation to the public sphere. Which is just where you pick it up.

It’s good to hear you were so conflicted after but you were right and he was wrong both times.
Newsy likes this.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
I am a little afraid to write this.

I heard black people saying white folks shouldn't ask them what to do, it's not their responsibility to educate and I think that's right.
Dont burden them with your insecurities and use Google .

But when there's some blm graffiti done without asking first it's also not good.
This is wrong as well. Dare I say. I get the white people need to fix what they broke and yes don’t burden the very people that have suffered but we also need to leave room for discussion or there is no proper gauge. If minorities step back and let whites discuss among themselves about where whites went wrong... do you see how this isn’t going to work? Also, I think we need to let anyone interested participate. In a prejudice society people need to see other people like them disagree or they won’t think about the issue.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
This is wrong as well. Dare I say. I get the white people need to fix what they broke and yes don’t burden the very people that have suffered but we also need to leave room for discussion or there is no proper gauge. If minorities step back and let whites discuss among themselves about where whites went wrong... do you see how this isn’t going to work? Also, I think we need to let anyone interested participate. In a prejudice society people need to see other people like them disagree or they won’t think about the issue.
Exactly, because that’s how I imagine the white discussions:

White person 1: what did we do wrong?

White person 2: we did nothing wrong.

White person 1: cool. Let’s grab a beer.

End of discussion.
Scorpion and Newsy like this.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Chu,
Don’t literally buy fuck that guy. That dude that said you should have come to him first, no fuck that! He publicly, in a paper said some shit, did he consult you first before calling these other guys out? Did he try to talk to them? NO! But his self important ass needs consulting? Fuck him! You did the right thing. Unless he calls the paper and retracted his statement, again don’t literally fuck him but to hell with that guy.

Yes, I kind of get his point about the guys who started the art thing and I get his wanting to be consulted but once he went public without talking it out with a mix of opinions then he has moved the conversation to the public sphere. Which is just where you pick it up.

It’s good to hear you were so conflicted after but you were right and he was wrong both times.
Thanks! You are correct about it moving to the conversation of public sphere. The whole thing was convoluted but surprise, it started a discussion and people are moving forward productively!
Scorpion likes this.
Old 06-17-2020, 03:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
Thanks! You are correct about it moving to the conversation of public sphere. The whole thing was convoluted but surprise, it started a discussion and people are moving forward productively!
Yes, awesome outcome but he didn't have to put so much shit back on you. Has that guy apologized or admitted this is better? I hope so. Anyway he made you feel bad and he was wrong. That's all I have to say.

I'm glad so much good is coming of it, lets hope it moves to real important change nationally.

Thanks for the Newsy show er a what is it about again? anyway good job, it's been interesting and entertaining. now ask Keith what level he is on in Best Fiends. That game is the best!