Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums CHU & A

CHU & A Newsychu gets your questions answered

Like Tree22Likes

Old 08-17-2022, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

96: Freezer Burn

Newsy here! I’m still alive (sorta) and back for another jam packed episode! This week we discuss work uniforms, friendship dynamics, church, McDonald’s, workplace resentment, child abuse, and high school superlatives.

Episodes discussed:

116: Duck, Duck, Uh-Oh! w/ Andrea
559: Clean and Sober
1023: Speaking of Gay w/ Christian Finnegan and Jesse Joyce
1234: Nerdtopia w/ Mike Lawrence and Newsy
1445: Hurts So Good w/ Mike Recine
2229: Straight Outta Compton w/ Justy Dodge and Farah Brook
2696: Hell on Earth w/ Jena Friedman

Guest:
Newsy

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

The Girl likes this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I’m never thinking poor Newsy when hearing the sex stories. I’m wondering if he will be able to record another episode. I’m shocked none of the men cheating have been caught yet and that Newsy has t had an angry spouse call him/find him in person. To be clear I feel that the person doing the cheating is in the wrong but not all people feel that way and there are numerous stories about how the partner blames the person they were cheated on with. I don’t wanot to hear about your murder on one of mt true crime podcasts. Yes the stories are entertaining but I’m not sure how much longer it’ll take for your luck to run out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thirteen and Apia resurrected like this.
Old 08-18-2022, 11:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
I’m never thinking poor Newsy when hearing the sex stories. I’m wondering if he will be able to record another episode. I’m shocked none of the men cheating have been caught yet and that Newsy has t had an angry spouse call him/find him in person. To be clear I feel that the person doing the cheating is in the wrong but not all people feel that way and there are numerous stories about how the partner blames the person they were cheated on with. I don’t wanot to hear about your murder on one of mt true crime podcasts. Yes the stories are entertaining but I’m not sure how much longer it’ll take for your luck to run out.

I hear ya! I hear ya.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 12:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The parking break is an electronic brake in modern cars.
We had recently driving safety training at work and had to practice with this one as well.( it was a full day )
It's surprisingly fast and strong.
Newsy likes this.
Old 08-18-2022, 12:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

We’re talking about a third magical brake. Only real car owners understand.
Newsy and Khylee like this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 01:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
We’re talking about a third magical brake. Only real car owners understand.
Understood. The ones with cars and guns. I could never relate.
Newsy likes this.
Old 08-18-2022, 01:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

I never think poor Newsy.
Newsy knows what he is doing. And who. Haha.
Newsy likes this.
Old 08-19-2022, 01:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

This make out Video with strangers sounds now with Covid extra insane.
The Girl and littlp like this.
Old 08-21-2022, 12:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Newsy saying he'll be a flagger starting out. Lol.

I work new construction/tenant improvement as a plumber. If there's one thing I know about the job site is that everyone starting out gets the shit job. It's either pushing a broom for hours on end, organizing material, fetching material, and every once in a while assisting a journeyperson with their task.

Also, just a reality, people on the job site aren't forward thinking progressives as the rest of us. Newsy being gay would definitely ruffle some feathers and cause a certain F slur to be dropped a lot in hopes of upsetting you. I still hear it to this day in conversation when someone is complaining about a dick superintendent or project manager.

Related, the company I was with most recently, hired on two apprentices. The union dispatched them and the office guy let my foreman know that one of the apprentices is a trans man, and to watch their language around them because it could mean trouble. For the most part the older guys treated this new apprentice like any regular person, but while I would sit in the office at the end of the day or during lunch.. one of the journeymen would be talking reckless about how he's pushing and pushing the "issue" of that apprentice being Trans to their face.

All this to say, if you can stomach being disrespected to your face and in private when you're not around, then go for it. Pick a trade and stick to it. Nothing is too hard, it's just about learning and knowing to ask questions when you don't understand something. It's really rewarding and the money isn't bad either. A journeyperson in my trade makes 53$/hr plus benefits, journeypeople in the other trades make anywhere from 40$-60$/hr it just depends on what interests you.
Newsy likes this.
Old 08-21-2022, 12:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
This make out Video with strangers sounds now with Covid extra insane.

When I listened to the episode at the time it made me uncomfortable and thought it was crazy. She was basically sexually harassing people for her art which isn’t cool at all.

Apia resurrected likes this.