Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Daddy Issues

Daddy Issues Ken and Keith Malley reminisce on Dad

View Poll Results: Should Keith ask listeners to send his dad condolence cards?
Yes 12 46.15%
No 14 53.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Sparrow
  • 2 Post By jaredv1214
  • 1 Post By littlp
  • 2 Post By Newsy
  • 1 Post By Apia resurrected

Old 06-29-2020, 07:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

6: Leaves

Dad informs Ken that Dad will die in 4 months - the end of October 2020. Keith writes Dad to let him know he just received the shocking news.

Guests:
Keith Malley

Ken Malley

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

assisted living is dope! it gives folks more independence than a home; she’d have her own little suite, there are common spaces, transportation to doctors visits and activities. she could get away from Jingles, make friends, have a church community right down the hall. my heart aches for Mama Malley. she doesn’t have to wither in isolation.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

currently listening to the episode. what are the chances Father Malley tried to off his wife? he provides too many details for not having witnessed what happened.
Keith and Scorpion like this.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Geriatric social worker here-y’all already know he is full of shit but to provide some evidence

- Assisted living is usually the in-between place before Nursing homes. There are many senior communities with different levels of care with this in mind: Independent (usually a House/condo), assisted living (apartment with ala cart services) and then nursing home.

-assisted living places depending on city can range from $1500-4000 a month. Some include services in that price, others have the rent and services separate.
- assisted living is a great option for people who do not have a lot of medical needs yet but need to be reminded to take their medications and have someone check on them every day. ALFs usually have a fantastic social element with activities and outings available to keep people engaged.
- There typically isn’t any public funding/grants available to help with cost of ALF unless they qualify for a Medicaid waiver/get services through the VA.
- nursing homes can be up to $5k a month. They cover everything in that price-bathing, housekeeping, food, doctors appointments, medications etc. This is typically for people who are medically unable to take care of themselves at home and their medical needs cannot be addressed anywhere else. Also for people with severe dementia who wander/have significant behaviors.
- yes a lot of things shut down during COVID but as you said-he doesn’t have friends so it wouldn’t be an issue.
- depending on the state there are state programs that can help pay for nursing homes. Many states have a non-poverty standard which basically states that they can’t impoverish a spouse in order to cover nursing home costs. Medicaid Is usually what covers the costs. Medicaid is income dependent and would require him giving all kinds of financial information which I’m sure he will refuse to do. I fear that you guys are going to find a lot of financial surprises whenever he finally dies.
- quick google searches for both nursing homes and assisted living in Johnstown pulled several results. Amazing that he could find the dirty meaning behind 86 but not the super quick and easy search on the above for his wife.
- a doctor can determine if she lacks capacity to make decisions very easily. He can get guardianship after that-he would have to go through the court which would cost money. He’s probably thinking of Power or Attorney which is where she could have voluntarily signed a document stating that if she can’t make decisions then he can on her behalf. It sounds like her memory is too bad for her to be able to do that at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sparrow likes this.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Autumn leaves

When Ken read the lyrics I knew that I knew them from somewhere, and remembered a techno song I've been grooving to since high school, where the only lyrics were "But I miss you most of all, my darling, when autumn leaves start to fall" It never occurred to me that it was an excerpt from an old song, but all good techno is that.

https://youtu.be/nUggrXvbnYA

Way Out West - The Fall
Minute 1:24

Thanks Mr.Malley!
Keith and Scorpion like this.
Old 07-05-2020, 03:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Maybe your father follows Laurie Killmartin. ( haha)
She put her mother ina nursing home, 9 days later the mother was dead by Covid.
Btw.
Book her on the show again please. Laurie I mean.
Scorpion likes this.