Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-18-2007, 04:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitum View Post
Injustice is injustice.

You can bring a noob to water...

PS, as a lawyer, he should know the injustice of the system. He lives off of it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye View Post
The New York City Supreme Court is the trial court of unlimited original jurisdiction, but it generally only hears cases that are outside the jurisdiction of other trial courts of more limited jurisdiction. It exercises civil jurisdiction and jurisdiction over felony charges.
That's last year's chart.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
The New York City Supreme Court is the trial court of unlimited original jurisdiction, but it generally only hears cases that are outside the jurisdiction of other trial courts of more limited jurisdiction. It exercises civil jurisdiction and jurisdiction over felony charges.
http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/nyc/index.shtml

At least summarize and regurgitate. Quoting off another website without citing...tssk tssk...
Old 06-19-2007, 04:51 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
There's an old saying that applies to the original news story AND the responses on this thread:

"Choose your battles wisely"

Annie, I too have an old saying or two:

"There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest." -- Elie Wiesel

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." -- Thomas Paine

I have no great mass of wealth with which to pursue many avenues to sway the minds of men. I have no law degree with which I could donate my time, as the brave gentleman above has done, to challenge tyranny.

I have only my passion to promote those who seek to do right, and my reason to assail those who would disparage them.

As for which battles to pick, I have no fear of outrunning either my passion or reason; therefore every opportunity not essayed is one lost.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:14 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
I have only my passion to promote those who seek to do right, and my reason to assail those who would disparage them.
I hope you aren't disparaging me.
Since the saying I quoted is fairly neutral and depends solely on perspective.
And since I presented it fairly ambiguously.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh The Jew View Post
http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/nyc/index.shtml

At least summarize and regurgitate. Quoting off another website without citing...tssk tssk...
the pic has the site , no?

I was never one to include citings, bibliographys etc in papers.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:36 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
I hope you aren't disparaging me.
Since the saying I quoted is fairly neutral and depends solely on perspective.
And since I presented it fairly ambiguously.

Certainly not, I am sorry to have conveyed that impression. I say that merely to explain why I am so adamant about debating the point against Rye's clearly erroneous position.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
Rye

Quote:
Certainly not, I am sorry to have conveyed that impression. I say that merely to explain why I am so adamant about debating the point against Rye's clearly erroneous position.
Dude, if anyones a stubborn fuck that wont back down when I know Im right its me. I fight every ticket I ever get, Im all for standing up for ones self fuck Im an activist when it comes to environment, vegetarinism, etc., I dont stand down for shit However choosing whats worth to fight for and making sure the ends justifies the means is what Im talking about.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Dude, if anyones a stubborn fuck that wont back down when I know Im right its me. I fight every ticket I ever get, Im all for standing up for ones self fuck Im an activist when it comes to environment, vegetarinism, etc., I dont stand down for shit However choosing whats worth to fight for and making sure the ends justifies the means is what Im talking about.
his law firm.

http://www.nylitigator.com/

publicity stunt?
Old 06-19-2007, 04:15 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Making sure the ends justify the means? He didn't shoot up a taco bell; he used the court system for a redress of grievances as is his constitutional right. He used his own time and money. Which means here require justification?

As for picking what's 'worth to fight for,' again, why do you think you know better then this guy does? Do you have a degree in what's worth fighting for? Because if not, pick your battles as you see fit, and have the courtesy to let other people do the same.

I think it's outrageous that the judge in the case found the Young 'not persuasive' in his testimony. Where was this guy's presumption of innocence? What a clever trick for a meter maid to set her clock back 10 minutes, why was she not scrutinized, her equipment checked for accuracy, etc... But if the city can make a buck, then to hell with the people.