Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-18-2009, 04:19 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
But you have to believe in the idea that the courts are made of men that are actually applying justice, and that the legal system is actually protecting the innocents and applying idealistic principles.

The way i see it, the system is actually made by men that are inherently corrupted (as mankind naturally is) that have turned justice into some kind of market where the ones who commit a crime can get out of it if they can afford it, lawyers are prostitutes who turn the truth upside down for a fee, and justice is a hollow word.

Sorry Marina, i'm not putting down your opionion, i'm just stating mine.
I know what you mean. And I agree that there are corrupt individuals in our legal system. I'm not going to go so far as to say 'what other way is there,' but in that vein, I think our legal system was made with that in mind. America has the system of checks and balances, and the appeals process for a reason. It never works perfectly, and in fact it's pretty broken. But I personally don't think that a country as large and populous as ours is going to find a better way.

That being said, it's our jobs as citizens to pay attention, and vote accordingly. One politician may seem like the same ass-hole with a different colored tie on, but I think that sometimes the color of the tie is significant enough to make a difference.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote