Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-30-2006, 02:53 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Potatoe_with_an_E
what does being female have to do with anything ?
for example. if you are a smoker, you get chemicals and tar from the
smoking that builds up in a lady's ladyparts and might cause cervical
cancer.

http://www.jointogether.org/news/res...-cervical.html

I would assume that something similar can happen from toxic fumes in the air.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:05 PM   #42 (permalink)

Why couldn't the same thing happen to a man's manlyparts.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:40 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Potatoe_with_an_E
Why couldn't the same thing happen to a man's manlyparts.
man's manlyparts aren't supposed to hold on to, er...stuff that gets
put on them. ours are on the outside and we (presumably) wash them
regularly. whereas ladies have a system for not letting all the..um,
finish just fall out...except it doesnt just hold onto swimmers...
y'know, just ask Dr. Dan!

edit: just thought of something though...maybe there just aren't any studies to check
correlation of smoking/environmental pollutants and cancer in balls or prostates...
cause i think we can assume that the same shit gets into our blood from smoking
and it might collect somewhere...

/not a doctor...
//but i like cooters
///that are 25+ years of age.
////that means adult cooters.
i got nothin.

Last edited by teerts; 05-30-2006 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:54 PM   #44 (permalink)

mkay, but if your balls can catch a cold...I'm just saying...
Old 05-30-2006, 05:00 PM   #45 (permalink)

i just read something on msnbc the other day about women being less prone to lung cancer and testing estrogen as a potential tool against cancer.

here it is: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13036262/

and heres a pic of that 3 armed baby: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13046061/

crazians, what will they think of next?
Old 05-30-2006, 05:02 PM   #46 (permalink)

fuckn science, all these latin speaking nerds to get together, find a story and stick to it.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:00 AM   #47 (permalink)

Ok for the Democrats are this and the Republicans are that folks...

and the Mac vs. Pc
spy vs. spy
Spooky vs. Deuce..
et. al..

From previous threads...and posts....
http://purplekoolaid.typepad.com/my_...ogy/index.html

posted there from the NY times...i didn't want to open the bug me not page...

Partisan Thought Is Unconscious
By BENEDICT CAREY
Published: January 24, 2006
Liberals and conservatives can become equally bug-eyed and irrational when talking politics, especially when they are on the defensive.
Using M.R.I. scanners, neuroscientists have now tracked what happens in the politically partisan brain when it tries to digest damning facts about favored candidates or criticisms of them. The process is almost entirely emotional and unconscious, the researchers report, and there are flares of activity in the brain's pleasure centers when unwelcome information is being rejected.
"Everything we know about cognition suggests that, when faced with a contradiction, we use the rational regions of our brain to think about it, but that was not the case here," said Dr. Drew Westen, a psychologist at Emory and lead author of the study, to be presented Saturday at meetings of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology in Palm Springs, Calif.
The results are the latest from brain imaging studies that provide a neural explanation for internal states, like infatuation or ambivalence, and a graphic trace of the brain's activity.
In 2004, the researchers recruited 30 adult men who described themselves as committed Republicans or Democrats. The men, half of them supporters of President Bush and the other half backers of Senator John Kerry, earned $50 to sit in an M.R.I. machine and consider several statements in quick succession.
The first was a quote attributed to one of the two candidates: either a remark by Mr. Bush in support of Kenneth L. Lay, the former Enron chief, before he was indicted, or a statement by Mr. Kerry that Social Security should be overhauled. Moments later, the participants read a remark that showed the candidate reversing his position. The quotes were doctored for maximum effect but presented as factual.
The Republicans in the study judged Mr. Kerry as harshly as the Democrats judged Mr. Bush. But each group let its own candidate off the hook.
After the participants read the contradictory comment, the researchers measured increased activity in several areas of the brain. They included a region involved in regulating negative emotions and another called the cingulate, which activates when the brain makes judgments about forgiveness, among other things. Also, a spike appeared in several areas known to be active when people feel relieved or rewarded. The "cold reasoning" regions of the cortex were relatively quiet.
Researchers have long known that political decisions are strongly influenced by unconscious emotional reactions, a fact routinely exploited by campaign consultants and advertisers. But the new research suggests that for partisans, political thinking is often predominantly emotional.
It is possible to override these biases, Dr. Westen said, "but you have to engage in ruthless self reflection, to say, 'All right, I know what I want to believe, but I have to be honest.' "
He added, "It speaks to the character of the discourse that this quality is rarely talked about in politics."

In summation I would like to say.....Halliburton, Halliburton, Halliburton...Global crossing, Global crossing, Global crossing
And contrary to popular belief, Scientists don't know and cannot explain Everything
Old 05-31-2006, 02:47 PM   #48 (permalink)

Interesting article makes sense to me.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:50 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogy
i just read something on msnbc the other day about women being less prone to lung cancer and testing estrogen as a potential tool against cancer.
cancer is just when a normal cell made by you has a little peice of important DNA break off and the cell starts acting bad, reproducing uncontrollably, doing shit its not supposed to do, going places its not supposed to go to. DNA starts breaking off naturally as you age anyway, its why people look old when they get old. anything can cause it. it can happen any time. i doubt estrogen prevents anything, more likely, testerone stressing the body has more to do with it.

think of cancer like the lottorey. the more tickets you have, the better your chances of winning. guys, on average, are bigger, so we have more tickets than girls. we die sooner, no surprise. have a good day, and thanks for playing!
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:27 PM   #50 (permalink)

In health class, this chick did a report on breast cancer and she's a little slow so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I gathered that high amounts of estrogen contribute to a higher risk of breast cancer...cancer's pretty fucking cool on a heartless, stone cold level. I was at this Bodies exhibit, where they've spliced up all these chinese prisoners and jane/john does, you can examine all their bodies and they have like dead baby twins, shit like that, all real, pretty fucking cool... well they had all these tumbers on display and cancerous body parts...hair and teeth in clumps of skin, breast cancer, cervical cancer, testicular cancer, nauseating and delicious...I'd recommend anyone to go...you get to play around with a few real organs at the end...