Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-31-2006, 06:19 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy potatoe blah blah
Nuclear power, I don't need another fucking chernobyl, I like being cancer free...
You realize there are approximately 33 operating nuclear plants in the US? And some of those have more than one reactor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy potatoe blah blah
I pretty sure I'm gonna get cancer it runs in my family, my parents smoke, pollution,
CNN says that swallowing reduces risk of breast cancer. Get to it!

Dr Dan.. I think it's cool! As for arcatacat that said jack prices and don't drive.... I don't have much choice. Companies continue to outsource customer support, which was my career for 11 years. I now have to travel 40 miles each way for work. If I take a train, my commute would be an extra hour, and I only have about 2 hrs a day with my kid as is. I barely have enough money for gas, let alone maitenance on my '97 jetta that now has over 200k miles on it. So yah.. gimme solar wind fry grease power vehicles. Not to mention hybrids get to drive in teh carpool lane..
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:35 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali
As for arcatacat that said jack prices and don't drive.... I don't have much choice. Companies continue to outsource customer support, which was my career for 11 years. I now have to travel 40 miles each way for work. If I take a train, my commute would be an extra hour, and I only have about 2 hrs a day with my kid as is. I barely have enough money for gas, let alone maitenance on my '97 jetta that now has over 200k miles on it. So yah.. gimme solar wind fry grease power vehicles. Not to mention hybrids get to drive in teh carpool lane..
I agree that this country is too reliant on cars. We pioneered freeways for christs sake! it's a big country and we need to get around. I guess I should have been more accurate: Driving a couple blocks somewhere when you can walk is insane. Driving around to look at christmas lights and the like? Nuts. I think there is an addiction to driving that we all need to loosen our grip on. I've been guilty of it, but I try to be good when I can. It's just that people won't change and politics won't change and all the bullshit you hear about in the newspapers won't change... until it becomes a financial burden. Free market capitalism will then take over for the better. Right now oil is still cheap enough that people don't have to make major changes to their driving habits. It's getting there, just real slow like.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:39 PM   #53 (permalink)

Hah! Made you look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcatacat
Driving around to look at christmas lights and the like? Nuts.
I do this to force good wholesale family rituals upon my child. Plus, it keeps him happy