Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 02-26-2010, 12:51 AM   #31 (permalink)

Okay, I just came across this AWK interview where he answers questions about the UK lecture that re-ignited the conspiracy.

VINCE’S TELL ALL / TELL NOTHING INTERVIEW WITH ANDREW W.K. | MetalSucks

I haven't read it all, but it appears that he was in fact NOT literally saying he's a different person from the 'I Get Wet' album (even though he says the exact opposite in the lecture.

Here's and excerpt with the bold text indicating the interviewer's dialogue.

Quote:
I was only curious of that because you brought it up. I’m still stuck on the statement that you made, and I apologize for not having seen those YouTube videos you mentioned. I wish I had known about them.

Of course, no problem. That’s why I’m doing this. Until people don’t have questions, I’ll keep doing my best to answer them. That’s the reason we’re talking. I understand, and I don’t blame you. It’s been tricky for me too.

This is the statement that you said: “I’m not the same guy that you may have seen from the I Get Wet album. I’m not that same person, and I just don’t mean that in a philosophical or conceptual way. It’s not the same person at all. Do I look like the same person?” What did you mean by that statement?

Well, I meant it exactly as I said, but the idea that I’m not Andrew W.K. was never meant to be the point of that. That was meant to make it very clear that I am Andrew W.K. and I was hoping that by appearing on that stage and saying it in that way I guess people wouldn’t accuse me of not being Andrew W.K. which is what I was dealing with more at that time. At that time, the question was more about are you the real Andrew W.K.? You don’t look like the same person as before. I wanted to make it very clear that I am Andrew W.K. Just because I don’t look the same as someone else. I asked people “do you think I look the same?” If they had said “no”, it doesn’t mean that I’m not actually Andrew W.K. and I happened to have the authority to go out there and be Andrew W.K. and have people believe it’s me. At that time, I think just because I did look different, people assumed that something had changed. I wanted to make it clear that if that was the case, it doesn’t mean that I’m not Andrew W.K. Regardless of whatever confusion there was, there should be no confusion about the fact that I am Andrew W.K. and can go out there and be it and have people understand that.

It seems to have added more confusion. You said “I’m actually not Andrew W.K.”

What context was that said in because I don’t have it in front of me?

I just have that part of it. “I’m actually not Andrew W.K. I’m not the same guy that you may have seen from the I Get Wet album. I’m not that same person.”

Okay, so this is the part of the lecture that was towards the beginning. Is that correct?

Yes, towards the beginning.

Okay, yeah. So I guess the situation is, as I’ve stated earlier in our interview tonight, that on one hand I was wanting to follow some advice that was presented to me on how to address this and that advice involved certain language that was deemed the most appropriate on how to not avoid the truth but address the issue in a way that allowed me to still retain my own standing. See, it’s even hard for me to talk about this now because, again, this video wasn’t meant to be seen like this. It wasn’t anticipated that this kind of questioning would come up and the very nature of how I spoke that night was based on limitation that I’m still within now.
I don't know what the fuck is going on and no longer care. There's too much psychobabble and metaphorical talk that it's impossible to know the true meaning behind any of his words. He speaks like a politician, you can't get a straight answer to a simple and direct question. Kind of sad because AWK's music and attitude was never really that deep.

I'll just go ahead and say I was wrong with my interpretation and if any apologies need to be given, just let me know.

Last edited by golgi body; 02-26-2010 at 12:59 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:42 AM   #32 (permalink)

It's pretty obvious to me. The real Andrew W.K. from I get wet was abducted by Aliens, his very essence of being was removed from the body and replaced with an alien impostor. Duh.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:23 AM   #33 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

As i said before, he talks too much. And his music sucks now. So who really gives a flying fuck.

Listening to "I get wet" you would get the idea that he was a happy down-to-earth fella. Obviously someone has spent too much time at "Improve your speech abilities" seminaries.

He sounds like Obama.