View Poll Results: Andrew Yang for POTUS
I am voting for Andrew Yang 4 19.05%
Never heard of him 0 0%
Support a different Democratic Candidate 13 61.90%
MAGA 0 0%
Not American 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree16Likes

Old 02-03-2020, 06:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Andrew Yang for President

I'm not even American. I live in Sri Lanka. But the world follows the US and I believe you have this opportunity of changing the direction the world is heading with the 2020 US Presidential elections. Since I can't vote or donate, this is my small way of contributing. I feel like the KATG audience would really resonate with Andrew's policies and the person that he is.

Why i support him:

If you don't want to read all of this just watch this interview of his: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwW8...ature=emb_logo

Humanity First - Andrew is practical and is looking for solutions. He believes that we need to make the economy work for us. Human centered capitalism, where the incentives are designed to benefit the people. He believes in changing the way we measure the success of a country from GDP, un-employment rate, stock prices to things that actually benefit human beings, like mental health, life expectancy, environment, income inequality. We need to align our systems' incentives to these factors.
https://www.yang2020.com/policies/human-capitalism/

Freedom Dividend (UBI) - His plan is to give every American citizen (18&older) a 1000$/month. The idea being to give people the freedom to make better decisions for themselves. Also it changes how we value human work. Mothers/Fathers/Teachers/Mentors taking care of children, or volunteering in communities has 0 economical value in today's economy. But actually have a huge impact on society. The Freedom Dividend is the first step in the direction of recognising human value as more than just an economic lever. I'm not going into the details of how he plans to pay for this, but he does have detailed info on this that you can see on his website. Or i can try and answer questions in comment below.
https://www.yang2020.com/policies/the-freedom-dividend/

Democracy Dollars - He also plans to give every citizen 100$ that can only be used to support a political candidate. This would help reduce the impact of lobbyist and corporate interests in elections.

Progressive Policies - As a candidate he has the most number of thought out policies and positions. In principal he is for the same things as Bernie and Warren. Free healthcare, climate change, anti-war etc. Except he has a forward thinking plan for these. You can read about all his policies here: https://www.yang2020.com/policies/

Can't Win / Beat Trump - This is probably one of the most important criteria for Democratic voters this election. I believe that if Andrew get's the nomination, he can easily take on Trump plus he actually has appeal to Republican voters.
Watch this video of Tucker Carlson basically endorse Yang: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrQrznuLgtU&t=0s

I'm sorry if this isn't appropriate. But even if a few of you agree please do all you can to try and support Andrew Yang.

Peace and Love from Sri Lanka
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Old 02-03-2020, 09:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithunica View Post
Is class consciousness a big problem in America?
lithunica likes this.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
He's got no shot this time around and he knows it so he can fun while laying some groundwork and getting his name and ideas some recognition.
Would you change your mind if he does top 3 in Iowa today?

I really don't feel like the world has another 8 to 16 years. It's like the missed opportunity during the Obama administration. When the banks were bailed out instead of the people. We need this anti Trump wave to make some real change.
jcro21 likes this.
Old 02-03-2020, 12:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Is Trump that bad?
In a time when a wheelbarrow full of money couldn't buy a loaf of bread Hitler gave everyone a job and reduced the unemployment.
Mussolini made the trains run on time.

Let's talk tariffs on the Chinese. All my friends complained that it would ruin their eBay/Amazon shopping because products would cost more.

I'm in manufacturing. My career field is being raked over the coals to product a better product for less. The US' skilled labor costs more than a penny an hour. A tariff on imports gives US manufacturing a chance.

That ends my opinion.

My brokerage fund saw 16% growth. Unemployment is down. Wage growth is up. Where Obama said 2% is the new norm, Trump has nearly doubled that GDP estimate.
That ends the facts.

I know NYC and my home state of Connecticut are true blue, but I'm more of a conservative/libertarian.

Is he brash and boarish? Yes. Does he come across as uneducated? Yes. Is he unfriendly to LGBTQRSTUV? Yes.

But at the end of the day I don't care if you're black, white, yellow, or purple. The only color I care about is green.

Yang sounds great on paper or as an idea but I think he's way too pie in the sky for the average person.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2020, 03:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid View Post
Would you change your mind if he does top 3 in Iowa today?
I adore Yang, he's my second choice to Bernie. But, the caucuses won't sway my opinion, and generally don't sway anyone's opinion who is educated and voting according to their convictions. The caucuses are largely a media circus, rather than an exercise in democracy.

A good summation of why Iowa matters, and doesn't: https://washingtonmonthly.com/2020/0...why-it-doesnt/

Additionally, it drives me NUTS that people would shift votes due to what may or may not be likely to happen. Primaries should be for letting the most popular candidate rise to the top. Now is the time to vote our consciences. I'm disgusted by neoliberals arguing that we should just get behind whoever is most likely to win at this point. We can have "go blue no matter what" talks later. Let the primaries happen first.
jcro21 likes this.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraquat View Post
In a time when a wheelbarrow full of money couldn't buy a loaf of bread Hitler gave everyone a job and reduced the unemployment.
Mussolini made the trains run on time.
This has been my argument to anyone who has cited how "great" the economy is doing. Hitler was also great for the economy.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Currently trying to kill time waiting for Iowa results to come in.....tortuous.

I'm a Bernie supporter who thinks Yang's campaign is pretty interesting and speaks to a lot of relevant issues. We do need a plan to transition people away from jobs that are being automated or eliminated. The government should definitely give more money to people who need it. But that's not necessarily what Yang's Universal Basic Income plan would do:

Quote:
But to receive UBI, citizens would have to choose between the $1,000 or any existing welfare benefits—potentially including Social Security, disability insurance, food stamps, and housing assistance. And it’s unclear whether Yang’s UBI would be worth that trade-off for many low-income families, instead leaving the program as a boost to middle- and upper-income people.
https://www.motherjones.com/politics...lly-look-like/ -if this has changed since April...fuggedaboudit

I like Bernie because his vision would have a much bigger impact on our country's healthcare system, which is currently in desperate need of a reset. An extra $1000 a month wouldn't cover many people's health insurance bill, nor is it enough to cancel out significant medical debt. I don't know what the healthcare system is like in Sri Lanka, but my friends from Canada or the UK are always SHOCKED at how much basic healthcare services cost in this country, even when you have insurance. The fact that this is the central issue of his campaign seals the deal for me - our private insurance system is cruel and is actively killing people.

And Paraquat did you really compare Trump to Hitler, in defense of Trump? The fuck? And the biggest sins you can come up with for Trump are that he's a stupid unfriendly dope? Whaaa?
Los, Mado and Kory like this.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid View Post
Is class consciousness a big problem in America?
It's not a thing at all.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
He's my favorite of this lot. In this hypothetical and highly unlikely top 3 finish, I'd be pleasantly surprised. Would I change my mind as to Yang having a shot at the nomination/POTUS? No

For real? Everything else be damned as long as YOU are rolling fat stacks?
Exactly. Nothing has been resolved my entire life. Neither Democrat nor Republican has really solved any problems.
You wanted an independent? Here he is. Everything's still a mess and the next guy will undo it all and restore status quo.

We need some serious reform and until we get it, we're all stuck surfing the slow wave. May as well make the best of it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk