Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

Doug, how much trouble would it be for them to be an affiliate or join the affiliate program?

Is there fees or is it just a matter of signing up?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I know it's free to get, it's just a matter of signing up (I have one that I used to put in random links on my blog, but nobody ever bought shit because target audience was 5 of my buddies).

One thing to watch out for is if it's against TOS to have people just put it in for all purchases if you didn't actually advertise the items.

TOS is here, but I'm not jewish so it melts my brain: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...tes/agreement/

Last edited by DWarrior; 08-14-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
One thing to watch out for is if it's against TOS to have people just put it in for all purchases if you didn't actually advertise the items.

/[/url]
Hmm, that's something that I didn't hear about when the guy from botl was explaining it. He just said something like "All you have to do is shop Amazon through this widget and it gives me between 7-8% of your purchase, at no extra cost to you" & 'further helps support podcast etc..". He didn't say anything about any specific product though.

Thanks for the info though, I was going to google it, but then I thought... Doug is probably way better than google and will get straight to the point of the subject.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I did a search on firefox and several search engines for amazon came up with (Support ____), so looks like it's probably fine.

Out of curiosity, I looked in the firefox folder and internets and figured out how to create the search engine thingies, so if KATG get an affiliate account, I can put up a firefox addon. Of course, this only took me a few minutes, so Doug can probably do it himself if he wants.

FYI, here is the referral rate schedule:

Last edited by DWarrior; 08-14-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #25 (permalink)

Thanks D War.

Makes me wish I had kept my website renewed, so I could shop through my own widget to buy the shit I need anyways.

The whole point was that KatG have been doing this $5 a mo promo for a while now and I thought that if they added this to their website it could also help too. I donate, but not on a monthly basis. I'd feel so much better buying my textbooks, knowing that Keith and Chemda get even just a little bit of money from it too.

I'd love to see them add this onto the KatG site. It's not like I have a stock in Amazon or anything, but I thought if it could help them, it couldn't hurt to try mentioning it. I had never heard of this program until the day before I posted this thread.

Hopefully there will be a KatG Amazon widget in the near future, because fall term starts (for me) in mid Sept, so I usually order books around the 1st of Sept. I would imagine for those students who can't afford to donate every month, I would think they would have no problem using the Katg Amazon widget to help support the show that way.

Plus when a new guest comic is on, if they have their album or mp3's on amazon, people could support the new guest and katg at the same time by buying the album through the widget. Not to mention buying "what do we do now" through there getting even more money (as I said in the beginning of the thread).......

Shit plus with all the gamers on these forums, using this to buy games could end up bringing in a lot more $$$ for K and C. I know I personally buy most of my games through Amazon, and games are expensive too.

Here's to hoping this will happen...

Old 08-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #26 (permalink)

Gonna go out on a limb and guess K and C weren't into this idea. whatevs
Old 08-23-2010, 02:40 PM   #27 (permalink)

If this works on Amazon UK, count me in. Great idea anyway, I don't really see any downsides?