Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 11-01-2008, 06:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
tga

Cool stuff. I have to say, I have not heard Black Dehilia Murder and I liked what I heard. Paticularly liked Parkway Drive.

See, those Black Metal videos, they just make me laugh. What cracks me up the most is that the fans think that the dudes look so hard and tough and if you don't like "true" black metal, you're a "fag". However, most of them wear make up and do stage theartrics. What's more camp than that!?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

Killing Homosexuals in the woods, burning churches down and shooting yourself in the face with a shotgun. your right True black metal is so camp.

Parkway Drive, and black dehilia murder (from what i know) is Hardcore not NBM.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:33 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tga View Post
Cool stuff. I have to say, I have not heard Black Dehilia Murder and I liked what I heard. Paticularly liked Parkway Drive.

See, those Black Metal videos, they just make me laugh. What cracks me up the most is that the fans think that the dudes look so hard and tough and if you don't like "true" black metal, you're a "fag". However, most of them wear make up and do stage theartrics. What's more camp than that!?
I can't say i'm a Black Metal fan, it's all a little silly to me (plus the music does nothing for me). I do love my Speed / Thrash / Death Metal though and i would seriously recommend Black Dalia Murder... Unhallowed (their first LP) is their best IMO. And it comes with a deliously evil spoken word intro and outro from the guide "Butchering The Human Carcass For Human Consumption". You can read it for yourself here.

Parkway Drive are a mad band, if you like the first 2 As I Lay Dying albums or early Unearth then they are well worth checking out. I'm off to see them live for the first time in early December and i'm predicting at least one broken rib. I got fucking hammered when i saw Lamb Of God and Killswitch Engage.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
tga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' Rye View Post
Killing Homosexuals in the woods, burning churches down and shooting yourself in the face with a shotgun. your right True black metal is so camp.

Yes, but they do it wearing make up and flowing capes and shit! That is camp!

Hardcore, metal, whatever. I liked what I heard.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:37 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
BDM, to be exact, is Thrash.. according to their wiki and Decibel magazine.

But the thread asked for metalheads which includes all styles of metal. Plus, that Metalcore/Hardcore thread is as dead as Nu Metal so while this one is alive and kicking, may as well post here and educate these Miley Cyrus loving fucking weirdos.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:39 AM   #16 (permalink)

Speaking of Nu Metal Limp Bizkit Are making a new album
Old 11-01-2008, 06:44 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Speaking of Nu Metal Limp Bizkit Are making a new album
Shoot me now.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
tga

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
I can't say i'm a Black Metal fan, it's all a little silly to me (plus the music does nothing for me). I do love my Speed / Thrash / Death Metal though and i would seriously recommend Black Dalia Murder... Unhallowed (their first LP) is their best IMO. And it comes with a deliously evil spoken word intro and outro from the guide "Butchering The Human Carcass For Human Consumption". You can read it for yourself here.

Parkway Drive are a mad band, if you like the first 2 As I Lay Dying albums or early Unearth then they are well worth checking out. I'm off to see them live for the first time in early December and i'm predicting at least one broken rib. I got fucking hammered when i saw Lamb Of God and Killswitch Engage.

Butchering Humans huh? Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out. I wish now I had taken a moment to go see them at the last Download. If they come back next year, I will do though.

I can't do mosh pits anymore. The last one I went in, I got punched in the face almost instantly (Tura Santana if I remember correctly - shit, that was FUCKING years ago) and I thought from that point, I am too old for that shit. I have seen both Lamb Of God and Killswitch and I have told firmly in a safe place.

The only thing i can recommend at the moment is the new Cradle of Filth album which I am completely in love with at the moment. Best thing they have done in years.

What does KATG stand for? Kill All The Gays!?
Old 11-01-2008, 06:47 AM   #19 (permalink)

what is worse is the wave of people who think they are so gangsta and or metal because they like the Limp Bizkit single that they play on the radio.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
tga

Quote:
what is worse is the wave of people who think they are so gangsta and or metal because they like the Limp Bizkit single that they play on the radio.
I am more surprised that Fred Durst thinks anyone still cares!