Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

"Is Anyone Up?"-Yay or Nay?

Wanted to hear KATG's take on this. Link is below.

"Is Anyone Up?" has been receiving a lot of attention recently. Essentially, people submit nude photos of either themselves or other people anonymously along with their Twitter/Facebook accounts and those pictures are posted on the site daily. They accept emails for the photos to be taken down, but it doesn't always happen and there are many emails posted on the site of people who are upset and devastated that their photos have ended up on the site/not removed. There has been much controversy surrounding the site, saying it is "illegal" and should be taken down.

So, KATG, what do you think?

Is Anyone up?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

I know the dude who runs that site. He's a total dick but still a genius (also he has some of the wildest parties.) What he does is not illegal because everything on it is legally public domain. He openly challenges any pissed off "contributor" to take him to court. Sometimes he'll even post the threatening conversations with a very whimsical attitude.

Edit: I just realized everything I said about Hunter was in the original post :P
Old 08-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sounds creepy. I part of the fun of looking at naked people is that they want me to look at them. Maybe not me specifically, but they post pictures so that they'll be seen. If they clearly don't want to be seen, then it feels gross.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

I love the website. I love looking at the naked people. Completely obsessed with it.

HOWEVER

I feel for the girls who had their pictures submitted with out their permission. I understand how damaging it is to their lives.
But maybe the website can be used as a warning for younger boys and girls to avoid such an outcome.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FletchLives View Post
I know the dude who runs that site. He's a total dick but still a genius (also he has some of the wildest parties.) What he does is not illegal because everything on it is legally public domain.
How does a private conversation between two people become public domain? I know there are a lot of legalities, some I remember discussing in class, but a third person taking a private conversation public can still be an invasion of privacy.

Not to mention, a couple of those girls look underage.

In terms of the site, I understand how sharing nude pics has become common, but it still doesn't make it right. This is a scummy site. I understand how the person who takes and transmits nude photos runs the risk of them being put on blast, but that doesn't mean the pics should automatically be shared with the world. Again, the internet generation confused "common" with "acceptable."
Old 09-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm not saying it's right, or that it's cool, but it is legal... so far. And I don't say he's a genius because I'm a fan. He's a genius because he's gaining money and fame with his overhead just being the cost of the site.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

I think internet law is still trying to catch up, but yeah I'm pretty sure this is all legal. Putting anything out into the public (like onto a third party website) basically waives the right to privacy. That's my understanding at least.

The guy who made this site is a fucking dick. An absolute piece of shit.
I also will likely be staring at this website for days.
I will feel scuzzy as all fuck for it.
Scuzzy feelings don't often kill hardons though.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofadeeznizzles View Post
Putting anything out into the public (like onto a third party website) basically waives the right to privacy. That's my understanding at least.
This, basically. I don't know if it's technically legal, but the moment you put anything out there (I'm including a picture you just texted to one person, even), you have to be willing to accept that it probably won't remain private, and if it doesn't, you're fucked. Case closed.

Last edited by fluxquanta; 09-13-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

its definitely creepy and wrong, yet i'm surprised that people are acting shocked about it.

if you ever mnade a pic of yourself, and gave it to anyone, the chances it will be used to expose you or ridicule you or as fap material for the crowd are raised to the roof.

i am surprised that this is coming up just now.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think this is crossing the line from legal into invasion of privacy...no question. If it's a private conversation and a person to person exchange of images then those images were never meant for distribution. We have to set some boundries no??