Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Back to School

I'm sure a lot of you are returning to school, be it high school, college or graduate school. If not right now, you'll be going back soon...and returning to school can always be a nerving experience.

You got financial aid, and the cost to worry about, your classes you HAVE to take, stressing over how the hell you're going to not fail organic chemistry, balancing work and school, or being upset that you don't have a job to try to balance...

Anyway, maybe it's an exciting moment for you, because you love your major and your classes and you're just one of those happy people I envy.

Point is, I figured I'd start a thread for all of us returning to school, in case some of you might just need to vent something school related, or wanted to share your back to school excitement/worries/blah blah.

Secretary of State,
KATG Film Club
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Procrastination is the bane of my life. School started this week and I am frantically pooling money together to pay for it; I pay out of pocket so I don't have any debt after graduation.

Fall semester is usually the best (socially) and worst (?) as all the fresh meat arrives. Like little mice scurrying around.

BTW, I don't love my major (double, business admin & economics) but I am close to finishing it, so I just suck it down and get through it.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Location: not in a house, not with a mouse, not here or there, not ANYWHERE
i'm always really gung-ho at the beginning of the semester and then come week 4 or 5 i hit a wall and get really bored. the result of that is a lot of procrastinating and last minute cramming. i always manage to pass with a's and b's, but i'd really like to just stay reasonably motivated.

i do actually like being in school, though. my major's ok -- bus. admin & mgmt. but i'd rather be working on my other major this semester which is early elem ed.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

I love school, I just hate the fucking homework/essays/projects b.s. etc...

I also pay out of pocket, because nothing is free. I still got until the 27th of Sept though, but I gotta get some textbooks off amazon soon.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have mixed feelings about this semester.
I have the PERFECT schedule (in my opinion), class only 11am-4pm M, W, F.
No class on Tues or Thurs, all my classes seem really fun, except Calc, but math is easy so w/e.

However, last semester I had a ton of financial aid that left me with a ton of money left over for whatever I wanted....but I didn't so great in my classes, compared to my usual...so while my GPA only dropped by about 0.3-0.4...it was enough to lose a large chunk of my scholarships... :/

So while I didn't absolutely have to, I took out a loan anyway, just in case...I'm worried about having to pay for my apartment, worried about getting along with my roommates (though they both seem cool) worried about getting a job (I need one...asap)

But...my best friend transfered to my school, I have good pals here, kinda, and a great schedule with seemingly awesome professors...

So I don't know, here and there I sometimes feel a bit nervous about things, but overall, I think this might be my best college semester yet.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

last semester, I was accepted into my university's brand new photography BFA program along with one other guy. so for this semester, I have some classes where it's literally me, the other guy, and the professor. but it's pretty rad because we basically have free run of the department's resources and ample individual studio space.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm a Junior is high school. My school has two campus's, south campus for underclassmen and north campus for upperclassmen, so I'll be at north this year, which has a completely different layout than south. It's easy enough to get around, but at north there are two different buildings, and at one of the buildings, the front doors are NEVER open. It's so fucking annoying, and I've only been there for two days.

Anyways, north is much better, because all of the people are so much more lax. It's magical. I also really like my schedule; I have absolutely NO classes that I'll hate! I'm taking an American Studies course, which is basically an English class combined with an American history class. We're going to read books that correspond with what we're learning in the history part. Algebra II (easy), physics (also easy), and orchestra are fine, I don't really like or dislike them. I'm really looking forward to APF (applied personal fitness) which is an aerobic class basically. No weightlifting or standardized tests! My favorite class by far is Net+. I love the tech classes, and I love the teachers in the tech department too. If I get my Net+ certification, I'll be able to get really well paying jobs over the summer! Yay for long posts nobody is interested in =D
Old 08-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Last year of college starting in 2 weeks. It's gonna be pretty scary because I have to fit a lot of shit in. Have to take the GRE + Math Subject test to hopefully get into grad school, also get prof recs. If I can get some research done fall semester it'll be good, otherwise I have no experience If grad school falls through, I don't know what I'm gonna do. Also I'm the treasurer of a fencing club that's on the brink of bankruptcy.

But my classes are interesting and I like my major.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

12 more hours and I'm finito. It's been such a long time coming.