Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-30-2006, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Bologna Fest anyone?

Hey everybody.
I am so lost in these threads I can't figure anything out. I am here in Caseville, MI on vacation for 5 weeks with no itunes and no computer to call my own. Luckily, I have found an internet cafe here....and it's the first time I have been on a computer in a week.

We are hitting all the hot spots on this trip. Frankenmuth, Huron County Fair, Bay Port Fish Festival, Cheeseburger in Caseville, etc. I guess that is what happens when you are staying so far from civilization, it would take over an hour to get to a Target store. There is a Walmart about 30 minutes from my folks place though.

Anyway, on our way up here we drove through a town called Yale. The have a yearly bologna festival.

(Insert your own joke here...)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMom
Hey everybody.
I am so lost in these threads I can't figure anything out. I am here in Caseville, MI on vacation for 5 weeks with no itunes and no computer to call my own. Luckily, I have found an internet cafe here....and it's the first time I have been on a computer in a week.

We are hitting all the hot spots on this trip. Frankenmuth, Huron County Fair, Bay Port Fish Festival, Cheeseburger in Caseville, etc. I guess that is what happens when you are staying so far from civilization, it would take over an hour to get to a Target store. There is a Walmart about 30 minutes from my folks place though.

Anyway, on our way up here we drove through a town called Yale. The have a yearly bologna festival.

(Insert your own joke here...)
Insert here and bologna fest in the same story is a joke unto itself
Old 07-30-2006, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Caseville, MI? hahaha poor baby. Having gone to school in Ann Arbor, I have a couple friends from there. I'm not too far from your pain. I'm at my parents for a couple weeks so I can do interviews down here. Dialup-ville... my ipod is dying... no itunes...

Whatever did we do back-in-the day?
Old 08-01-2006, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie
Caseville, MI? hahaha poor baby. Having gone to school in Ann Arbor, I have a couple friends from there. I'm not too far from your pain. I'm at my parents for a couple weeks so I can do interviews down here. Dialup-ville... my ipod is dying... no itunes...

I know.....I just can't figure it out. I mean, I have only lived in L.A. for about 5 years. Did I not remember what it was like up here? I mean, we used to spend every summer on my grandparents' farm in Elkton with nothing to do but get into some kind of trouble. That's why all the kids up here were spending their time vandalizing stuff or getting knocked up. There just isn't anything else to do.

My mom's computer sucks and the dial up is killing me. I have only been to the internet cafe once because my folks are having a hard time getting adjusted to having 2 14- month olds running around their house. Also, to go one step further. My brand new cell isn't working. I can send and receive text messages and make outgoing calls, but can't get any incoming calls. My provider says that it is something with the system and not my phone, but that they haven't ever seen anything like that before.

At least we are keeping busy with all the sight seeing stuff. Yesterday we went to this natural spring on the side o the road to fill up a couple of water bottles. Luckily we got there before the bum who lived in his car started to bathe himself. There was an old guy who pulled in behind us to fill his bottles and the bum kept pushing him out of the way so he could get under the water. I got a picture on my phone, but with the dial up here, I can't get it uploaded. It looks like he is taking a piss in the spring.

MichaelG...When we were kids in suburban Detroit, we used to go to St. Anne's Catholic Church for thier yearly "Sausage Fest". So very wrong....
Old 08-01-2006, 10:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMom
MichaelG...When we were kids in suburban Detroit, we used to go to St. Anne's Catholic Church for thier yearly "Sausage Fest". So very wrong....
I bet the preist had a good laugh and the young boys cried when they named the festival.

Our catholic church calls it a "Spagetti Feed." No one cringes when they hear that name
Old 08-02-2006, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
I bet the preist had a good laugh and the young boys cried when they named the festival.

Our catholic church calls it a "Spagetti Feed." No one cringes when they hear that name
Spaghetti Feed? I can imagine loads of fat people with feed bags. That was the visual I got.

Ugh. I am making myself sick.... ;P
Old 08-02-2006, 02:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
Does the church also say, "Show up for fun, food, and fellowship"? Those are the quintessential "3 Fs" of church. The fourth F is one-on-one in the altar boy locker room.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

It's good to be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie
I have no effin idea!
I just moved and was without cable and internet for a week and thought I was going to choke someone.
I missed 2 appointments because I couldn't get my e-mail and I'm a week behind on shows, which had made rather boring commutes.

I was supposed to be hooked up right away, but there was a wiring problem. I broke into a cold sweat when the guy told me I'd be without for the week. I guess you never realize your addictions until they are taken away.