Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 04-24-2010, 03:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Bridgetown Comedy Festival

As Myq Kaplan mentioned in episode 1164, he and other KATG guests performed at the Bridgetown Comedy Festival in Portland this weekend.

Through two days I've seen John F. O'Donnell, Marc Maron, Victor Varnado, and Myq Kaplan perform. Tomorrow the goal is to see Christian Finnegan and Myka Fox, who I met tonight as she spilled my beer.

The reason I bring this up and why anybody should care is that it's crazy how talented the KATG guests are. All of the guests killed this weekend. I've seen "bigger names" weekend and they can't compare to the guests, even O'Donnell limited the appearances of the "bad comic".

I guess I just wanted to point out how well these guests represented themselves which in turn makes KATG look good. It's ridicilous that Keith and Chemda have such talented comedians regularly on a free podcast, where seeing that much talent at a festival sets you back 100 dollars at least.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like a great festival.

You won't be disappointed by Finnegan.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

I hate that the weekends all the good shit is going on here is always a weekend I am busy. I am packing and moving all weekend! DAMMIT!
Old 04-24-2010, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodak View Post
As Myq Kaplan mentioned in episode 1164, he and other KATG guests performed at the Bridgetown Comedy Festival in Portland this weekend.

Through two days I've seen John F. O'Donnell, Marc Maron, Victor Varnado, and Myq Kaplan perform. Tomorrow the goal is to see Christian Finnegan and Myka Fox, who I met tonight as she spilled my beer.

The reason I bring this up and why anybody should care is that it's crazy how talented the KATG guests are. All of the guests killed this weekend. I've seen "bigger names" weekend and they can't compare to the guests, even O'Donnell limited the appearances of the "bad comic".

I guess I just wanted to point out how well these guests represented themselves which in turn makes KATG look good. It's ridicilous that Keith and Chemda have such talented comedians regularly on a free podcast, where seeing that much talent at a festival sets you back 100 dollars at least.
Thanks for coming and enjoying and talking about it!

Myka says she's sorry that she spilled your beer, and that you should come say hello tonight and she will try not to spill more (but no promises).

Portland is fun. Comedy is fun.
Double fun,
Myq
Old 04-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

is the show tonight at the Hawthorne Theatre 21 and up? i just found out about this yesterday and I can't find out. if theres an age limit I'd love to go see Myq perform hes one of my all time favorite guests

Last edited by trippy503; 04-24-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippy503 View Post
is the show tonight at the Hawthorne Theatre 21 and up? i just found out about this yesterday and I can't find out. if theres an age limit I'd love to go see Myq perform hes one of my all time favorite guests
Bad news, according to the website its a 21+ plus show. Good news is you can watch Myq April 30th on Comedy Central and you can get his album on April 27th.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Thanks for that, sorry if it is indeed 21+ as the website seems to indicate...
If you can't age that much by then, I understand, and I appreciate your support in all ways legally possible.

Quote:
Bad news, according to the website its a 21+ plus show. Good news is you can watch Myq April 30th on Comedy Central and you can get his album on April 27th.
These are true things, thank you for your legal support as well!
Old 04-25-2010, 05:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

wow this is cool I wish i joined this forum thing years ago. That was really just Myq Kaplan responding to my post i'm a little starstruck
Old 04-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Got to catch Myka and she was hilarious, turns out her stand up is just as funny without a drunk Bro Lo hitting on her.

Made the mistake of getting really drunk and probably made a dick out of myself but was able to meet, and get my KATG shirt autographed by the guests (it didn't sound as gay last night). I was also taught an important lesson, when getting an autograph of a black albino refrain from making a racist comment.

Myq's cd is very funny, thats my review,

Again just wanted to say how funny the KATG guests were this weekend. It was cool seeing so many KATG guests doing their comedic thing.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
wow this is cool I wish i joined this forum thing years ago. That was really just Myq Kaplan responding to my post i'm a little starstruck
Thanks for reading and writing!

You're here now. That's all that matters.
Also, I wasn't here years ago. So that's something that matters, too (in addition to all).

Also, this isn't Myq actually responding. It's a robot with Myq's brain.*

* (Robot with Myq's brain is actually Myq.)

Quote:
Got to catch Myka and she was hilarious, turns out her stand up is just as funny without a drunk Bro Lo hitting on her.

Myq's cd is very funny, thats my review,

Again just wanted to say how funny the KATG guests were this weekend. It was cool seeing so many KATG guests doing their comedic thing.
And it was equally cool to see so many KATG fans doing their thing.
(Which was coming to shows and then posting about them on forums, among other things.)

Thanks for coming out, having beer spilled on you, coming out again, having your shirt written on, buying a CD, reviewing it, being nice, and more.

Love,
Myq's Robot Brain