Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 11-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #41 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
I'm guessing you're in your 20s. People chill out about things a lot more when they grow the hell up. I know lots of people who smoke and lots of people who don't, or who used to smoke and now don't, or who never did until they were 30 and now do. And no one around my age or older (33) thinks twice about it. It's just an act and very few people base their lifestyle around it.

You don't hear too many people talking about how cool getting drunk is after the age of 25. It's the same with weed. And while prohibition probably stops some people from smoking for fear of losing their jobs due to random drug tests (civil liberties, anyone?), I really don't think it's keeping a significant portion of people on the up and up and away from the bong. Those who want to smoke can, and do, easily. In most west coast cities it's already treated as "lowest priority" - meaning a cop won't stop you for smoking in public unless you're trying to be obvious about it, and they might tack a possession charge on you if you get stopped for something else and they find it on you - but they won't go after you for it alone. As long as you stay away from cars and machinery and long-term overuse, it doesn't harm anyone. I really think most people see it as analogous to alcohol, minus the violence and cirrhosis and blackouts that come with booze. Smoke responsibly, keep it among adults, and be respectful. There ya go.
I agree for the most part. Responsible recreational smoking or medicinal smoking is so common place who could complain about it right??? Especially in the 30 something crowd, we know how to control ourselves and not go overboard....for the most part.

Pot has the bad reputation of being harmless, non addictive and therefore better then booze or prescription pills. It isn't harmless and people can become completely overwhelmed with addiction to this weed. I have three very close people in my life who are long term pot users (we are talking decades of addiction) and all three of them have identical personality attributes. They have aggressive and paranoid tendencies, have overly emotional reactions to simple conversations. Are often drained of motivation and are financially ruined at all times. The all have have huge chips on their shoulders and feel that their families, their employers, the government..the world ... OWES them. These three people are NOT related to one another yet they all possess the same character flaws. They each go to sleep with pot and wake up to it. I am not saying pot will do this to the light and casual smoker but for that percentage that abuse the drug they are in for a battle.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesiren View Post
stop remind me you smoke a pipe flux. blind ass bitch
Uh, what?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote