Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-01-2006, 12:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
NO BRUMSKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
I hand my hand scanned. I should go ask the Dr for my image file. and post it.

Someone remind me
Hey MG don't forget to have your Dr give you an image file of your hand.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellek
Since we're on a medical topic...

When I was a child (maybe 5) my lung collapsed for no apparent reason. I was rushed to the hospital and immediately had a chest tube inserted. The doctors cut a hole in my side (no anesthetics - how come doc?) stuck the hose in and suctioned air outside the lung to re-expand. I remember the procedure being very painful and required several nurses/doctors to hold me down for the duration. After the procedure I was very untrusting of everyone is the hospital (I figured it was just a matter of time before I was tortured again) and made several attempts of escaping. Eventually the staff became frustrated with my escape attempts and put me in a cage - I shit you not! I did however, receive a clown covered gown, a Spider Man balloon and all the popsicles I could eat, so I guess it wasn't all that bad.
that's a tough situation there

if you take time to sedate a child with a pneumothorax, they can just die

i'd never be an ER doc

fuck that

chest tubes are pure torture if you're awake for it

/shudder
Old 06-01-2006, 09:06 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I hand my hand scanned. I should go ask the Dr for my image file. and post it.

Someone remind me
Generally, they wont give it to you. I wanted my panagram (panorama of all teeth x-ray) from my old dentist, as when they took it, they actually passed it around the office and oohed and aahed. My wisdom teeth came in straight and I had no cavities at 34 years old.

And, it's not like it's still current, as that rat bastard of a dentist decided to fill a "developmental defect" I had on one tooth he thought would turn into a cavity. I let him, and only later did I realize that, hell, I'd had that tooth since I was 10 years old. Bastard!

My current dentist wanted to do that for my upper left insisor. There is a small, dinky dinky pit on the front of it. This was due to overzealous removal of braces glue from my orthodontist when I was in 8th grade. Uh, I don't think it's going to turn into a cavity, doc. I cancelled the appt they made for me when I came to my senses.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:33 AM   #14 (permalink)

i had a CT a few months ago on my noggin for some unexplained dizzyness. but, like most doctors they brought me in for the CT and then couldn't get me back in for the doc to go over it w/ me for a month! so, in their infinate wisdom they gave me the scans to bring w/ me to the doc when i came back. i sat in the car debating on whether or not i should look at them. i just knew i'd regret it. so i did it. and sure enough i there were some white spots i just KNEW shouldn't be there. fuck me! why'd i have to look? so a very long, nail biting month passes and i go to my doctor's appointment a dead man walking. knowing that i probably only have 6 months to live before this tumor kills me. he walks in,

"well, everything looks fine."
"what about this"
"oh it's nothing"

first off, don't give me my fucking scans to pine over for a month. secondly, if you do give them to me, then know i'm gonna pine over them and give a bruvva a call and let him know that everything's cool. that's all.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big lebowski
i had a CT a few months ago on my noggin for some unexplained dizzyness. but, like most doctors they brought me in for the CT and then couldn't get me back in for the doc to go over it w/ me for a month! so, in their infinate wisdom they gave me the scans to bring w/ me to the doc when i came back. i sat in the car debating on whether or not i should look at them. i just knew i'd regret it. so i did it. and sure enough i there were some white spots i just KNEW shouldn't be there. fuck me! why'd i have to look? so a very long, nail biting month passes and i go to my doctor's appointment a dead man walking. knowing that i probably only have 6 months to live before this tumor kills me. he walks in,
"well, everything looks fine."
"what about this"
"oh it's nothing"
first off, don't give me my fucking scans to pine over for a month. secondly, if you do give them to me, then know i'm gonna pine over them and give a bruvva a call and let him know that everything's cool. that's all.
Glad your fine, and I am really glad you did not read my scan, you might only give me 6 month to live.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellek
Hey MG don't forget to have your Dr give you an image file of your hand.
Sent a note to my Dr, to ask for a copy/
Old 06-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Glad your fine...
thanks. though apparently it was my brain mutating to give me the superhuman ability to come up w/ smart-ass coments at will.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

Got a collection of x-rays and stuff at home.

My favorite is a set of MRIs of my brain. I suffer from vertigo. Makes the room spin around just like when I've had way too many brews and I'm lying in bed, or more commonly it feels as if the entire room is rapidly moving in a single direction (usually up). It's a freaky feeling.

But I've grown used to it. Tends to disappear for months and then reoccur in bouts. I've had it bad enough that I've had to hold on to keep from falling over. And just as quickly as it appears, it disappears. Lately I've been having repeated experiences.

Scares me to think of what would happen if I were driving.

"That's me -- call me crazy, call me a pervert, but this is something I enjoy."
- Boogie Nights
Old 06-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by william
I suffer from vertigo...
did they say what it was caused by...like meniere's disease or something?
Old 06-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

it's benign positional vertigo

he's got chunks of shit in his semicircular canals

by shit, i mean shit