Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 12-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #21 (permalink)

This story makes me feel better about myself

Good job Starscream!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
It's not okay per-se, but it's not a big enough deal to fuckin whine about. Plus you shouldn't try to apply Keith's thinking here, cuz if we did that you'd already be dead and I'd be giggling at IM's instead.
You weren't trying to be helpful, of course, but in only half-reading and less-than-half-understanding what I say, I get now that that's how people watch movies and so they do not see things as distractions but rather complements. So thanks.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:04 PM   #23 (permalink)

I'm on Starscream's side. fuck her. she needs to learn quick that not everyone is going to put up with her silly shit.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudell View Post
I'm on Starscream's side. fuck her. she needs to learn quick that not everyone is going to put up with her silly shit.
Unfortunately, I don't think I taught her anything. Except maybe that she can do whatever she wants and guys can't hit her. But she probably knew that already. Hopefully she at least learned that her boyfriend will not stick up for her.

Like flerchin was saying, we were both assholes in this. But I'm the only one who realizes it wasn't one-sided.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #25 (permalink)

The last movie I went to there were two 11ish year old boys playing their PSP's.
It made me want to punch them in their little yet to drop balls.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:06 PM   #26 (permalink)

I only let my rage go when the movie ends. And that happens alot, unfortunately.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #27 (permalink)

Seriously?

How the hell did you expect to get a mature response from a 14 year old when you were kicking the back of her seat?...
Old 12-23-2008, 11:21 AM   #28 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHELLEk View Post
Seriously?

How the hell did you expect to get a mature response from a 14 year old when you were kicking the back of her seat?...
This is my initial reaction. Yes, people who use their cell phones in the theater are annoying as hell. I don't think I'd start kicking their seat in retaliation though. The solution is to act like a 5 year old? I don't get it.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:28 AM   #29 (permalink)

I'm on the OP's side to a point...
First, I guess not all theaters warn about this? The 2 that I go to near my house not only have the warning not to talk on the phone, but they have ads warning that opening the phone distracts from the viewing experience and not to do it.

I'd first ask them to stop like you did. Then, it's probably a bitch move, but I would go ask theater management to take care of it when she did it again. It's not my job as a customer to make sure people follow the theater rules and don't ruin it for everyone, it's theirs.

The only time I've made a move like yours and been the asshole at the theater was when some kid was hanging his feet over the seat next to me. I asked him to stop, he didn't. I yanked his shoe off and threw it to the front of the theater. I felt justified.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHELLEk View Post
Seriously?

Agreed.

Also he makes it sound like he does this all the time. (i.e.- "I'd had a bunch of successes in a row in getting people to put their phones away" and "I stopped a 50 year old from doing it a few weeks ago")

I don't go to the movies that much, but I can't really think of a time I've ever been that annoyed by someone's texting or whatever. My point is, if he's doing this all the time, it's probably at some point his fault that he's so easily annoyed by the presence of other people. You're not the cell phone police and if you want to be, get a job at the movies. It sounds like your theatre could use some help if people are throwing drinks at each other in the middle of the shows.