Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Talk Shite (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Chuck Klosterman's "Eating The Dinosaur".... (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/chuck-klostermans-eating-dinosaur-15607/)

madisonyrskull 09-28-2010 08:50 AM

Chuck Klosterman's "Eating The Dinosaur"....

is good but I dont think its as great as his other books.Just wondering if any other fans felt the same.And yes i do know this came out almost a year ago but i just got around to reading it.Im a douch.

Space Indaver 09-28-2010 08:51 AM

Cool.

Diglass 09-28-2010 01:35 PM

Yeah it's not as good as Sex Drugs and cocoa puffs, or IV, or killing yourself to live, but it's better than fargo rock city and downtown owl.

(I'm a fan of his work)

StasRox 09-28-2010 02:25 PM

I haven't read eating the dinosaur, but I have read Fargo rock city, and Killing yourself to live. Fargo was kinda boring, but Killing yourself to live was an amazing novel, it's really insightful and full of great quotes. I was planning on reading Eating the Dinosaur, but I guess you kind of change my mind. Oh Well.

madisonyrskull 09-28-2010 02:48 PM

oh sorry for anyone who doesn't know who Chuck Klosterman is but he writes some really great essay's(Sex,Drugs,and CoCoPuffs,Chuck Klosterman IV) and some On THE ROAD type shit with 'KILLING YOURSELF TO LIVE' and some growing up listening to hair metal book called "Fargo Rock City" which i think is underrated cause its still interesting even if you dont like hair metal. sorry i didnt explane more.

Check out his books,sorry for misspelling im drunk

Diglass 09-28-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StasRox (Post 672204)
I haven't read eating the dinosaur, but I have read Fargo rock city, and Killing yourself to live. Fargo was kinda boring, but Killing yourself to live was an amazing novel, it's really insightful and full of great quotes. I was planning on reading Eating the Dinosaur, but I guess you kind of change my mind. Oh Well.

I would still say read it, because Klostermann's shittiest books are way better than almost everyone else's pop culture/music/bs style books.

Just get a used copy off Amazon.

the1thepwnly 09-28-2010 07:35 PM

i actually loved eating the dinosaur. it might of been cause it was my first book of his. i think it was better then IV (if that was the one with Val Kilmer). Kiling yourself to live is my favorite tho. makes me want to find the articles he wrote while he was out nd read them but i have no idea where they would be. the only ones i haven't read yet are his novel and fargo rock city

Diglass 09-28-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the1thepwnly (Post 672304)
i actually loved eating the dinosaur. it might of been cause it was my first book of his. i think it was better then IV (if that was the one with Val Kilmer). Kiling yourself to live is my favorite tho. makes me want to find the articles he wrote while he was out nd read them but i have no idea where they would be. the only ones i haven't read yet are his novel and fargo rock city

Actually it is a little better than IV, but they're close in terms of quality. Killing yourself to live and sex drugs and cocoa puffs are the best imo.

nodak 09-28-2010 08:35 PM

I didn't find Fargo Rock City to be boring but then again I'm from Fargo so maybe I developed an immunity to boredom.

Klosterman wrote for The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead, Fargo Moorhead news, sports and weather | INFORUM | Fargo, ND. I'm not sure how far back their archives go back but its worth taking a shot.