Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 12-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Conneticut Shooting.

Well, I wake up this morning to find that once more, you guys are making the news for all the wrong reasons. Suffice to say I was utterly shocked and saddened at yet another act of senseless carnage.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 12-20-2012 at 11:10 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

It's totally depressing. I cannot imagine what the families are going through right now. They sent their five year olds to school and now they're dead. So little, and they didn't even get a chance to experience life. Makes me cry and furious all at the same time. And if this fucking asshole really killed his mom and THEN DROVE TO THE SCHOOL and killed those kids, oh my fucking god. WHY.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hey USA, get your shit together, time for a change.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I have to say I'm not for banning firearms but doing some research since the Denver shooting I think Australia has it pretty well figured out

"For each firearm a "Genuine Reason" must be given, relating to pest control, hunting, target shooting, or collecting. Self-defence is not accepted as a reason for issuing a license, even though it may be legal under certain circumstances to use a legally held firearm for self-defence."

" Category A: Rimfire rifles (not semi-automatic), shotguns (not pump-action or semi-automatic), air rifles, and paintball markers. A "Genuine Reason" must be provided for a Category A firearm.

Category B: Centrefire rifles (not semi-automatic), muzzleloading firearms made after 1 January 1901. Apart from a "Genuine Reason", a "Genuine Need" must be demonstrated, including why a Category A firearm would not be suitable.

Category C: Semi-automatic rimfire rifles holding 10 or fewer rounds and pump-action or semi-automatic shotguns holding 5 or fewer rounds. Category C firearms are strongly restricted: only primary producers, occupational shooters, collectors and some clay target shooters can own functional Category C firearms.

Category D: Semi-automatic centrefire rifles, pump-action or semi-automatic shotguns holding more than 5 rounds. Functional Category D firearms are restricted to government agencies and a few occupational shooters. Collectors may own deactivated Category D firearms.

Category H: Handguns including air pistols and deactivated handguns. This class is available to target shooters. To be eligible for a Category H firearm, a target shooter must serve a probationary period of six months using club handguns, and a minimum number of matches yearly to retain each category of handgun.

Target shooters are limited to handguns of .38 or 9mm calibre or less and magazines may hold a maximum of 10 rounds. Participants in certain "approved" pistol competitions may acquire handguns up to .45", currently Single Action Shooting and Metallic Silhouette. IPSC shooting is approved for 9mm/.38/.357 handguns that meet the IPSC rules, but larger calibers are not approved for IPSC handgun shooting contests. Category H barrels must be at least 100mm (3.94") long for revolvers, and 120mm (4.72") for semi-automatic pistols unless the pistols are clearly ISSF target pistols: magazines are restricted to 10 rounds. Handguns held as part of a collection were exempted from these limits.

Category R/E: Restricted weapons: machine guns, rocket launchers, assault rifles, flame-throwers, anti-tank guns, Howitzers, artillery, etc. can be owned by collectors in some states provided that these weapons have been rendered permanently inoperable. They are subject to the same storage and licensing requirements as fully functioning firearms"

Gun politics in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 12-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

The people I feel worst about are the children who where at the school and afterwords where just standing there watching other kids being held and loved and their parents are to fucked up to care.

Disclaimer. I have not read a report about this but we all remember these kids from school and even in an event like this it would happen.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

I actually quoted Keith on another discussion about this where he said, in the aftermath of the Cinema Shooting, something along the lines of - there is no excuse at all for any citizen to own military grade weapons.

If the US can't get a grip on its addiction to unfetered access to such weapons then they will dig their own grave.

Fucking children died in this.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 12-20-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

How did he get a bullet proof vest...kid was 20 years old.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

They might need to come up with kevlar school uniforms.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

About 12,000 people die from homicides by guns in the US a year. Much of that is related to gangs and carrying out felonies. We kill more than twice that many people by exercising our right to convenient transportation (and a substantial portion of them are children).

This is happening because America rewards killers with immortality. No single person has more power over the American public's mind than a mass killer.

Taking away guns will never take that appeal away. The mass murderer has learned the power he has. That will not stop until Americans learn how to be decent people with the mass media.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
About 12,000 people die from homicides by guns in the US a year. Much of that is related to gangs and carrying out felonies. We kill more than twice that many people by exercising our right to convenient transportation (and a substantial portion of them are children).

This is happening because America rewards killers with immortality. No single person has more power over the American public's mind than a mass killer.

Taking away guns will never take that appeal away. The mass murderer has learned the power he has. That will not stop until Americans learn how to be decent people with the mass media.
Anything that will hamper these idiots is a step in the right direction. Fuck the 2nd Amendment and the NRA. Those cunts never have to deal with the clean up after these fucking disasters.