Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-04-2010, 06:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vampires Suck (Movie)

Came across this ad on youtube for another one of those shitty parody movies, this time making fun of twilight. Thought I'd share it.

As much as I'm sick of this vampire craze and usually like anything that pokes fun at it, this looks pretty crap. It's another one of those parody movies that seem to keep coming out and getting worse and worse.

These movies all parody actual movies instead of a genre of movies. And in my opinion, parody movies are much better when they parody the genre. It allows them to create a movie which is not only funny but also scary, romantic or whatever genre its parodying. These new parody movies are just not worth the screen time they're given.

But that's only my opinion and I'm no expert or anything. Maybe this movie will end up proving me wrong.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Little Man made money (not a parody movie but another shit movie). This one will too, as will all parody movies after. People like shit.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well I suppose they wouldn't keep making them if they weren't making money.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD14 View Post
Well I suppose they wouldn't keep making them if they weren't making money.
then how do you explain uwe boll?
Old 08-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbent View Post
*shrug* Maybe sometimes shit movies are made just so other movie directors can say to themselves, "At least I didn't make that Uwe Boll movie."
Old 08-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbent View Post
Smart financing is what it sounds like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_Boll
Quote:
Financing
Boll continues to find investors who wish to acquire the rights for future video-game-to-movie adaptations. His investors are mostly German. He acquires the rights for potential future adaptations and personally oversees preproduction work, filming, and post-production.
Movies directed by Boll have always performed poorly at the box office in the United States. House of the Dead (budget: $12 million) broke $5.73 million on opening weekend,[8] Alone in the Dark (budget: $20 million) made over $5.1 million,[9] and BloodRayne (budget: $25 million) topped $2.42 million.[10] The least profitable commercial performance of his career was In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, which made barely $10 million worldwide at the box office on a $60 million budget.
Until the law was changed in 2005, Boll was able to acquire funding thanks to German tax laws that reward investments in film. The law allowed investors in German-owned films to write off 100% of their investment as a tax deduction; it also allowed them to invest borrowed money and write off any fees associated with the loan. The investor was then only required to pay taxes on the profits made by the movie; if the movie loses money, the investor got a tax writeoff.
In the DVD commentary of Alone in the Dark, Boll explains how he funds his films: "Maybe you know it but it's not so easy to finance movies in total. And the reason I am able to do these kind of movies is I have a tax shelter fund in Germany, and if you invest in a movie in Germany you get basically fifty percent back from the government."
While Boll has received a lot of negative publicity regarding this funding method,[11] he was actually one of the few directors to use the tax shelter as intended. His films were financed, produced, and directed by a German company, which was the initial intention behind the tax shelter: to provide incentive for investment in German entertainment properties.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

After Scary movie 3 killed it for me, I just wrote off parody movies as complete utter bags of shit packaged in dvd cases. The only other parody move i watched since then was the 41 yr old virgin one and that was because i was stoned out of my mind.
But they will forever make money off those shit movies because you have the justin beiber tweeners who think that this is what comedy is (sad for them) and the stoners and tweakers who will be amused by all this.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

The only thing worse than Twilight is these parody movies.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Why did this shit become the meaning of parody?

Not mocking genres and styles, or perhaps a specific couple movies, but
completely taking full on characters and scenes/things from 30 movies, cramming them into a shit film, that over all is completely mocking one specific film/series.
Like...wtf.

Airplane, Austin Powers, Young Frankenstein, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Shaun of the Dead, Spinal Tap, Princess Bride.

THAT'S parody.

These shitty movies all made by the same people, doing the same horse shit is just garbage.