• 5 Post By Liquid
  • 2 Post By Bucho
  • 3 Post By Liquid
  • 2 Post By The Girl
  • 2 Post By Liquid
  • 3 Post By jcro21
  • 3 Post By Liquid
  • 2 Post By Liquid

Old 10-06-2021, 03:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Comedians blowing up as past guests of KATG

I've just discovered that soo many of the comedians that I enjoy that are recently blowing up have all been on KATG and have multiple appearances from 10+ years ago. People like Mark Normand, Joe List, Sam Morril, Tim Dillon, Dan Soder, Rosebud Baker.... I think you guys should release a few episodes of "Classic KATG" or something like that. Love to listen to these guys from way back see how they've changed. Tim Dillon was soo hilarious on his first appearance. He had only 470 followers on Twitter. Lived in a shitty apartment in Harlem. It's like you guys are sitting on the origin stories.
Keith, The Girl, Bucho and 2 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 01:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Hannibal Burress is my favourite one of these.

KATG's also the reason I get to say I was listening to Marc Maron's podcast from the very first episode. I'd never heard of him before I heard Keith consistently putting Marc in his Top 5 stand-ups back in the days.
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

I just heard all the Hannibal episodes. He blew up quick! Tim Dillon on Myka Fox and friends was amazing! Now I'm going down the Mike Lawrence rabbit hole.
Keith, The Girl and Bucho like this.
Old 10-22-2021, 06:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

This is a great thread. We’ve met some awesome people in almost two decades.

Make sure you let them know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bucho and Liquid like this.
Old 10-22-2021, 06:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
This is a great thread. We’ve met some awesome people in almost two decades.

Make sure you let them know.

Oh man, Mike Lawrence dated a girl for 4 years and never had sex!

Also, I normally use Podcast Indexing sites (Laughable, Podchaser) to search by guests to find podcasts that they have been on.

Unfortunately on most of these(Laughable, Podchaser) we can only see the KATG episodes that are free. So I can't tag guests who have been on older episodes of KATG.

I've seen that for Podcasts with episodes behind the paywall, Joe Rogan for example, the episodes are still listed but with a 30 sec preview.
Bucho and jcro21 like this.
Old 10-22-2021, 08:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid View Post
I think you guys should release a few episodes of "Classic KATG" or something like that.
There's already "Classics" in the VIP feed. Recently listened to the Mark Maron episode, he was more of an asshole than I remembered (in mostly a good way). Early Mike Lawrence episodes are golden, his "yeah my life sucked but it made me a huge nerd and I have no regrets" attitude is something we all need. The Tim Dillon episodes as well you just have to listen with your mouth open like is this a real person??? Still unclear about that point.

I also love that Alyssa Limperis went viral recently, so fun to see friends retweeting her videos and to say "oh yeah I've been a fan since 2016 no biggie."

The most special episode in the Classics feed is Patrick Carlin, who I never heard of before or after listening to the episode and still don't know how y'all dug him up but damn what a character.
The Girl, Bucho and thirteen like this.
Old 10-22-2021, 06:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Wow! I just heard the Carlin episode. That was a masterclass in kayaking through a stream of consciousness. Keith and Chemda are soo good together!
The Girl, Bucho and jcro21 like this.
Old 10-29-2021, 08:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

Dan Soder is the most amazing guest ever! His and Chemda's chemistry is amazing! Also 21 appearances! Best use of VIP ever!
The Girl and Bucho like this.