Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree268Likes

Old 05-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The cubicle crowd

So a lot of us seem to be sitting in our offices shooting the shit over twitter...but come ON 140 characters??? I can't do IT!!

I thought we could shoot the shit in here from time to time...

For example, My Junk, you promised an incredibly provocative post that will piss people off...ok, try to offend me, I dare you!

Edit: If your ass is in a chair and you are in front of a computer screen consider yourself in a cubicle...WElcomE!!

Last edited by campy; 06-01-2011 at 05:38 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hm.

Ok.

Have you ever thought about the majority of the people who hang out in this community usually end up severely burned out about how the relationship with other memebers never ever develop well on the long run?

I keep noticing how theres a lot of people who invest a lot of emotions in the KATG family, get tattoos and put heart and soul in meetups and all but get brutally stomped on by the reality of things, which is that every group finally sours up. people end up hating each other (especially after sleeping with each other and trying to have relationships).

The idea of a community is cool but its very slose to an ideal and ideals get people hurt. look at the percentage of people who ran away from here since the old days. is that asign of something happening or just how things go?

I am a person that tries to be involved with things but at the same time, maintain my sanity. if i had the commitmnent some people her have or had, i wouldve gone crazy in a second and if i got a tattoo, i wouldve tipped it off and redone it a million times.

ok, provocation done. dont take it personally, its just for the sake of conversation.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Hm.

Ok.

Have you ever thought about the majority of the people who hang out in this community usually end up severely burned out about how the relationship with other memebers never ever develop well on the long run?

I keep noticing how theres a lot of people who invest a lot of emotions in the KATG family, get tattoos and put heart and soul in meetups and all but get brutally stomped on by the reality of things, which is that every group finally sours up. people end up hating each other (especially after sleeping with each other and trying to have relationships).

The idea of a community is cool but its very slose to an ideal and ideals get people hurt. look at the percentage of people who ran away from here since the old days. is that asign of something happening or just how things go?

I am a person that tries to be involved with things but at the same time, maintain my sanity. if i had the commitmnent some people her have or had, i wouldve gone crazy in a second and if i got a tattoo, i wouldve tipped it off and redone it a million times.

ok, provocation done. dont take it personally, its just for the sake of conversation.
I disagree for many reasons.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well, not to rehash old shit...

I think part of the issue for people was the break up. Once that happened it left some people disillusioned with the show , they stopped listening and then they disappeared.

There are a lot of harsh critics in here and some very thin skinned people... feelings get hurt over shit like " Dude, you must not be too smart if you don't know the difference between they're and their" so people got bored and t'd off with the bullshit.

Then I think the whole DrCreep thing has frustrated people to the point of like...fuck that boring shit.For me, I like a lively conversation so I keep coming back hoping there will still be someone in here to talk to... Considering the posts Drcreep gets there are clearly still viewers.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Awesome View Post
I disagree for many reasons.
what are those reasons handsome?
Old 05-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
Well, not to rehash old shit...

I think part of the issue for people was the break up. Once that happened it left some people disillusioned with the show , they stopped listening and then they disappeared..
that might be, but thats a silly portion. im more interested in people who were really involved in the Community (which im taking as a separate thing from the show, since honestly the show is still top quality and the break up didnt change much) and then disappeared because dealing with others always has a sour aftertaste.

that happens in every group, but here there's always been a high level of bonding, almost like its a family and that is very risky in some way. theres been a lot of members who were huge here and decided to get out for various reasons. i always think that could be devastating on a special level, since one ends up developing deep stuff here.

i wont go as far as talking about eprsonal involvement with the show, cause i dont really know much about that but i guess that could be even worse.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Online communities don't fare well because they're established on a small piece of common ground and not personal compatibility. And because online communication is a severely hobbled form of communication in a human sense, and those holes are unconsciously filled in by one's mind with what one prefers.

Also because of a more general human trait that people want to get along more than not, which causes fostering of relationships that don't make sense in the first place.

I don't really understand why people get so invested in online communities, but I'm a distant guy in general, so maybe it's not my bag.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
I don't really understand why people get so invested in online communities, but I'm a distant guy in general, so maybe it's not my bag.
yeah i think it has to do with people trying to form relationships with others, but this community has always had a scary sense of commitment to it that even if its nice to see, it can also contain a dangerous level of hurt.

just think of the tattos or all the memories and hardass relationships that some have formed. if something turned bad, it would be therapy worthy for some.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

i have an actual office, am i allowed to play?
Old 05-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
what are those reasons handsome?
They are numerous and multitudinal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Hm.

Ok.

I need to break this question down a bit: There are some members of this community who have relationships, and they never ever develop well on the long run. For a majority of the other users, they usually end up severely burned out about this.

This sounds like you are saying that most people here get upset when every relationship that starts here invariably ends badly.

I disagree that every relationship here ends badly. I suspect the odds are closer to what happens in real life - every person will have, at best, one romantic relationship that doesn't end (putting aside open/poly relationships).

Your issue here may be confirmation bias - you suspect that every relationship here ends badly, so when you see something that confirms your bias, you give it greater weight and tend to discard examples that do not fit your bias.

Further, I do not think that the majority of people in this community gets "severely burned out" about this. I'm not sure quite what that means but it is still probably a much stronger reaction than what most of us have. But those who don't care tend to keep quiet about it. The news stations don't produce stories about the people who didn't get robbed.

Quote:
This is a very pessimistic view. Have you ever been to a live event? There may be the occasional hurt feeling, but most participants have a great time and leave with more friends than they arrived with. But "I had fun" doesn't get reported on as much as "OMG something terrible happened and here's a bunch of drama."

Quote:
Your reference to "an ideal" is completely far away from my ability to comprehend sentences. Please explain what in the sam hell this means.

I'd also like to look at the "percentage of people who ran away from here since the old days," but I do not believe this number has been provided.

Quote:
That's really an issue with you, and what would happen if you behaved like some other person chooses to behave. Other people react differently to things, and many of them are comfortable with how they feel about the choices they make. That's really nothing to complain about, and if it was, there's really nothing we can do about it, is there?

And these are the ways in which I disagree with things, suchforthly and whatnot. Huzzah!