Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree268Likes

Old 05-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #91 (permalink)

Perhaps the the forums used to be more niche, but as KATG becomes/became more popular, the forums become treated just like any other forums on the internet and so the comparison to 4chan becomes more true.

I think there are some really nice people on the forums, but building relationships is an exercise in judgement and of course there's the possibility of mistakes. The previous levels of fanaticism were unsustainable, particularly in the face of competition from other podcasts and communities.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #92 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

So Junk...why do you come back??? is it the beckonings of members like me who entice you over twitter? hahah

It seems you are afraid you might be "next

I think you're too likeable for that....

Any HOLY FUCK is my cubicle messy and busy today...
Old 05-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #93 (permalink)

i do it out of boredom and habit, mostly. this is the thread i'm particapting the most in a long time, the whole doctorsleep thing kinda killed it for me.

and community wise, i got a lot of people im very close firends with that i met here, actually at least a couple of my best friends were KATGers, but the majority is out of it now and we keep in touch through other mediums.

i aint afraid of being next, really, mostly cause i think my high level of involvement in the activites has been over for a while. i gave my share of heart to thgis, now i'm just doing it cause i like to chat.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #94 (permalink)

Dear Rhian,

Don't delete your twitter......please!!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
now i'm just doing it cause i like to chat.
good, me too...this is what this thread is all about....for me anyway. I need to take a break periodically from my design work...my wrists and eyes get tired quickly so I come on here to give myself a 2 minute break then back to the concentration....

I promise, for my part, that I will not assist the Drcreep trolling experiment any longer...that douche can suck it for all I care.

he's ruinin' tings for everyone.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:31 PM   #96 (permalink)

he ruins things cause people pay attention. i did three threads on all sort of issues when i got tired of his am i dateable thing, and yet that was the only discussion that anyone paid attention to.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
he ruins things cause people pay attention. i did three threads on all sort of issues when i got tired of his am i dateable thing, and yet that was the only discussion that anyone paid attention to.
I truly believe that this is a community with a heart and each one of us felt drawn to helping this tool. Then he made us mad so we started ridiculing him and that was so much fun it was hard to stop...a guilty pleasure thing in my case anyway HAHAHA
Old 05-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #98 (permalink)

100 plus pages of helping plus all the other crap?

no i think people were interested at first, then the total lack of any interesting discussion and the genral dumbification of the majority made the rest.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
100 plus pages of helping plus all the other crap?

no i think people were interested at first, then the total lack of any interesting discussion and the genral dumbification of the majority made the rest.
dumbification??

HAHAHAHAHAh

retardamorphosis works too...

Oh well, Who was that guy who came in around page 160 in the dateable thread? that guy was hard core...I had to read his shit...some of that thread was highly entertaining. I like cheese had some good stuff too...very well though out...I dunno, it was a fun read for awhile.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we all got bored and ran out of shit to say to one another HAHAHAH

I'm swearing a lot because I can't at home now that my kid is stating to talk...FUCKSHITWHORE
Old 05-30-2011, 10:37 PM   #100 (permalink)

The Vegas thread might be a good indication of why people are turned off by KATG forums lately. I don't know Snwlover79 from anything other than the hottest guy contest, but I have seen him post new threads here and there of things that interest him, presumably hoping to see who else might also be interested. In the Vegas thread right now, people instantly shit on him, claiming he is treating the forums like his personal blog. I don't know where the origin of this started, but for others, they might be hesitant to post new threads, thinking this is how we treat people. It might only be a few people doing this, but if there are no other threads to show this is the exception, people will think it's the norm.