Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree268Likes

Old 05-31-2011, 08:11 AM   #111 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
We're having a discussion now, and I didn't start a new thread.
Fair enough, but imagine for a moment that you wanted to have a discussion with KaTG people, not people on twitter. Is it really terrible to add a few database records to the KaTG forum server when some other people who read the forums don't want to read that post?

The forum isn't a large bucket with a finite amount of space for threads. There's enough room for a thread that you personally feel isn't worthy of your time. And it is well within your abilities to ignore that thread.

And when someone does start a thread like that, if you feel it shouldn't be there, then you have several choices to deal with it. You can ignore it and seek out something that does interest you. You can complain about it in that thread or elsewhere, bringing more attention to it and taking away time people might have otherwise spent commenting in threads you are interested in. Or you can beg for moderation rights and bully the audience into posting only topics you would like to see.

Give people a break. If you don't think something should be a new KaTG thread, and you have no say in what threads people are allowed to start, then it's really just your problem. Deal with it from that angle, and you'll have a much greater chance of coping with it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:17 AM   #112 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
If i understand D's psychology, he seems to be way too icy to care for twitter
Yes, I'm still living in 2009 when we all thought Twitter was fucking ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Awesome View Post
And when someone does start a thread like that, if you feel it shouldn't be there, then you have several choices to deal with it. You can ignore it and seek out something that does interest you. You can complain about it in that thread or elsewhere, bringing more attention to it and taking away time people might have otherwise spent commenting in threads you are interested in. Or you can beg for moderation rights and bully the audience into posting only topics you would like to see.

Give people a break. If you don't think something should be a new KaTG thread, and you have no say in what threads people are allowed to start, then it's really just your problem. Deal with it from that angle, and you'll have a much greater chance of coping with it.
I chose the second option and it worked pretty well. If I have no say in what threads people are allowed to start, then you have no say in how I choose to participate in them. Boom, headshot.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:36 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
I chose the second option and it worked pretty well. If I have no say in what threads people are allowed to start, then you have no say in how I choose to participate in them. Boom, headshot.
I'm not telling you what you should do. I'm saying what your options are, in the hopes that you can make a better decision. But I am aware that you don't respond well to conversation, logic, and civil discussion.

I wouldn't say that your choice worked well at all, unless you are only happy when you're angry. Twenty years from now, we can look back at our lives and see who's done better. Just be aware that I don't accept collect calls from detention facilities.

Your second sentence there would only be applicable if you were going to come to terms with the fact that you shouldn't bully people for starting threads that don't interest you on a forum you do not control. "I'm not going to do X, but if I do X, then you also have to do X. So do X."
Old 05-31-2011, 08:47 AM   #114 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm bullying now? You should go have your morning coffee because these last few posts are not on par with your usual awesomeness.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:03 AM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEadERest View Post
your correctness and insouciance have only galvanized my feelings of . . fuck it, you win.
Sorry but WHY even try tangling with "the AWESOME"...yes, I have renamed you...hahahahaahah

Dude, thank you for the compliment (blushes). I get what you mean about feeling like part of the "community" and not just a part of the forums conversation. I am a chatter and I am here to talk, pass comments, pass time...sometimes get up in the grill of some players. I don't participate in anything else but I do still feel like a part of something when I come in here.

I guess Junk, bottom line is that the community is evolving, maybe in your view is has devolved but I think it constantly moving.

Dwarrior, I think you might need to start a thread on thread etiquette.

What are some of your rules. aside from twitter worthy thread posts...?
Old 05-31-2011, 09:10 AM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, I'm still living in 2009 when we all thought Twitter was fucking ridiculous.
i actually still think that, but it is better than facebook (or "the application that helps spreading hate through mankind") as a way to keep in touch with some and it fullfills my love for random jibberish, somehow.

but it is still ridiculous as any form of network.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:23 AM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
Dwarrior, I think you might need to start a thread on thread etiquette.

What are some of your rules. aside from twitter worthy thread posts...?
The only rule is don't start conceited threads that are not interesting to anybody else. Everything else is fair game by my unwritten rules, which shall remain unwritten.

In fact, I wouldn't care at all if he posted the stuff in that "post shit you can't post anywhere else" thread.

Quote:
i actually still think that, but it is better than facebook (or "the application that helps spreading hate through mankind") as a way to keep in touch with some and it fullfills my love for random jibberish, somehow.

but it is still ridiculous as any form of network.
I agree facebook is ridiculous and I ignored it for a long time, but my school clubs used it to organize meetings and officer stuff. Also my old school contacted me through it for a scholarship I didn't know I had won, and a coworker found me for some paid help for a personal side project of his. So I feel like I can't hate fb now since it's been pretty helpful. Also it's pretty much the top search result for anyone's name now, so it's at least useful as a web presence manager for job hopefuls like me.

I guess Twitter is useful as a way to get people to occasionally say dumb self-destructive things that end up amusing me through KATG or other channels. I just don't have a use for it personally.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #118 (permalink)

Off topic for a second

When is the last time you emailed something and the SECOND you sent it you regretted it?

I just did this....
Why are you so angry?

There is so much unrest in the family, it is falling apart....shattering completely. Have you ever know her to be vicious or mean towards grandma, I don't want 100 examples of how dumb you think she is...everyone is dumb in your eyes...we are talking about V here....

I am sad for you, you have pushed your family so far away

This is going to cause a shit storm....ahhe fuck...

It needed to be said but not from me...FUCK
Old 05-31-2011, 10:05 AM   #119 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Off topic for a second

When is the last time you emailed something and the SECOND you sent it you regretted it?

I just did this....
Why are you so angry?

There is so much unrest in the family, it is falling apart....shattering completely. Have you ever know her to be vicious or mean towards grandma, I don't want 100 examples of how dumb you think she is...everyone is dumb in your eyes...we are talking about V here....

I am sad for you, you have pushed your family so far away

This is going to cause a shit storm....ahhe fuck...

That does not sound too bad... perhaps it will get a dialogue going?

I have 2 email rules, never send when Drunk or Angry...
Old 05-31-2011, 10:06 AM   #120 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
lemme know next time, i'll take the fall. grandma always hated me anyway