Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree268Likes

Old 09-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #1611 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
( / as if, you're in bed at 9 like the rest of us)
no
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I don't like men like that

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #1612 (permalink)

I haven't bitched here much about my office experience, but it's really driving me nuts on multiple fronts lately.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #1613 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
I haven't bitched here much about my office experience, but it's really driving me nuts on multiple fronts lately.
Feel free to elaborate.

I'm currently about to have a bitchfest about people who contribute NOTHING to the creation of a project--even when they're asked specifically to contribute--and then have a ton of shit they need changed when the final draft goes around. Um... we all forgot you were here, and we did our damn jobs and you want to change everything after the god damned cake is baked. Eat ballsack!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #1614 (permalink)

g'night crampy
Old 09-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #1615 (permalink)

I was never a coffee drinker before I started working at my job. I worked up to having a routine cup of coffee every morning (free at work) and I was feeling fine. Never saw it affecting my sleep, I try to be in bed by 10, so I can be asleep by 10:30 - 11:00 (my new gf is making that difficult ) I stopped awhile ago after I felt I was quite use to my early schedule, no need to put an unhealthy stimulant in your body if you don't have to, is how I started looking at it.

Everything as normal at work. Our boss and the senior lab tech are gone, checking out how some other lab runs this new study over in North Carolina, so a little quieter then usual. Do other people go extended periods of time, say over a week, without seeing their boss usually?

Last edited by Medium Brumski; 09-15-2011 at 07:43 AM. Reason: more stuff
Old 09-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #1616 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEadERest View Post
g'night crampy
you posted this at 11:15, i'd been asleep for an hour and a half by then ....some of us need more beauty sleep then others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
no need to put an unhealthy stimulant in your body if you don't have to, is how I started looking at it.
so no cigarettes, no booze, no recreational drugs, no one night stands...well you get the idea...as far as stimulants go the coffee addicition is pretty tame. I do 1 1/2 a day sometimes a full 2. I need it or I get bad headaches.

Quote:
Do other people go extended periods of time, say over a week, without seeing their boss usually?
Oh, no wonder you don't need coffee...

My boss sits in the art department with me....ok? ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
Feel free to elaborate.

I'm currently about to have a bitchfest about people who contribute NOTHING to the creation of a project--even when they're asked specifically to contribute--and then have a ton of shit they need changed when the final draft goes around. Um... we all forgot you were here, and we did our damn jobs and you want to change everything after the god damned cake is baked. Eat ballsack!
THIS....so very THIS. As a graphic designer all day long we put up with marketing people and sales people with no experience, no training, no eye for it saying what they think the customer wants or what they feel looks better....it's INFURIATING...then they come back with these ridiculous requests like
"Can't you just change the background on all 130 photos from white on white to black on white in your computer...before lunch? Why not???"

FACE Palm, fuck everyone.

/rant over 4 now
Old 09-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #1617 (permalink)

Wait... what the fuck do one night stands have to do with drugs? I mean, I can see how they're related but not in the context that they are both unhealthy stimulants.
I think sex is healthiest stimulant. Plus, I don't believe smoking or drinking, or a lot of things are as bad for us as Big Brother tells us they are.

EDIT: Oh by the way guys, I quit smoking cigarettes regularly. I still end up having a couple on the weekends but it's been about 5 months since I bought a pack.

Last edited by FletchLives; 09-15-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #1618 (permalink)

Quote:
....some of us need more beauty sleep then others
oh, so now i'm ugly too. you've seen my pic so i know, i get it
Quote:
me first!

unless i'm too ugly
Old 09-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #1619 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Dear Fletch,
I threw the sex thing in to see if you were paying attention....thanks for reading my post :-)

I also think my mind was just in this certain space..you know... stimulant and raunchy one night stands...speaking of sex...Dead, your sense of humour gets you a free pass however, you didn't need the free pass anyway (/flirting done 4 now)
Old 09-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #1620 (permalink)

Quote:
Do other people go extended periods of time, say over a week, without seeing their boss usually?
Lately he's been out more than usual. Possible big things ahead for my work.

Quote:
THIS....so very THIS. As a graphic designer all day long we put up with marketing people and sales people with no experience, no training, no eye for it saying what they think the customer wants or what they feel looks better....it's INFURIATING...then they come back with these ridiculous requests like
"Can't you just change the background on all 130 photos from white on white to black on white in your computer...before lunch? Why not???"

/rant over 4 now
This is EXACTLY what I deal with on a daily basis. It's sort of like the CSI effect has spilled over to graphics and video. They watch Bucko McScience Cop take a drivers license number off a reflection on shitty CCTV and they think that their 15KB GIF with HALF the pixels transparent (not joking, this actually happened to me) is all they need to give me, especially since I asked for files no smaller than 1 MB.

Oh and that GIF was a headshot. The man's beard was completely gone.