Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree268Likes

Old 01-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #2921 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
So, Life has been busy and stressful and more then a little.....anxiety riddled. I hate one of my sons teachers and this sux. She flat out lied to my face with two stories...she told me that other children in the class are afraid of Ian because he's agressive and parent s are complaining and THEN she tells me a story about how Ian fell down, hurt himself and blamed her coworker who is now frightened of what Ian will come out with because he is a "liar" and that she, frankly, won't be left alone in a room with him..... My kid is 2 year old and incapable of lying as the cognitive skill to lie would be developed months/years later....Then I found out form his other teacher that both stories were total fabrications.......so why lie about Ian blaming the teacher about hurting him...I formed the most brilliant and eloquent letter I have ever composed to the administration addressing this. WTF...

Marina, I bought a scale and for me it's the best way to stay motivated and accountable. I find the weight watchers meetings extremely helpful and supportive. It is like a mini therapy session for eaters. People lament the fact that they can't eat what they want, celebrate losing 2-3 pounds...it's great. I suggest setting rules for the scale, once a week and no judgment. As soon as you start beating yourself up...the scale has to be moved. I like knowing that I am on track and the only way I stay on track is by knowing what i weigh. I weigh in every day in the morning. That number drags me out of bed every morning for a 5 km walk.

So who's your new roomie Dwarrior
I can't do scales, and I can't to limits and I can't feel like exercise is anything but a reward. If exercise is a punishment for being fat, or something I have to do, it ends immediately.

I wrote a blog post about that today, actually (Self Hate as a Motivator | Marina Rose Martinez)

Ben has agreed to forgo the scale for the smaller, more portable, better judge of actual fitness, the tape measure. Thanks Rhi for the suggestion!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #2922 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
If it's any consolation I typically act like I'm in my 60's.
This made me laugh....thanks for that!!!

I get you Marina...it certainly can feel like work to keep yourself in shape..or some reasonable facsimile. Everyone finds their pattern, what works or doesn't work for them. I can't do "No" I save up my no's and binge on a fat day. It seems to be working for me...down 30 and holding steady. Exercise is a chore if I don't like or am bored with what i'm doing. Running was hard as hell but I have these wild daydreams while i run that people stop what they're doing in their homes, run to the window and are in AWE as this lumbering vision stumbles past their house "Look at her go...I wish I was half as agile as that chick"

It works for me...laugh all you like ;-)
Old 01-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #2923 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

SS+GOMAD.

My roommate is a normal dude I think, we'll see. You never really know. There's a bench station in the apartment though.

Last edited by DWarrior; 01-27-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #2924 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhian View Post
Bithead - Those fucktards. Glad you got the consultation going and protect your ass. I wonder if all this you can go for defamation of character. It's a pain but they are still coming after you even though you have been cleaned of them.
Meh, I'm not interested in wasting another second of my life on them or that place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
Yes. I have to. Hearing people on the phones with customers is bad enough, but hearing them chit-chat among themselves when the phones are slow is even worse. Programmers get no downtime like that, because there's always work to do fixing bugs or adding new features.
Ah yes, a situation I'm all too familiar with. I spent most of my I.T. career as a Programmer.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #2925 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bithead View Post
Ah yes, a situation I'm all too familiar with. I spent most of my I.T. career as a Programmer.
I feel sort of bad complaining about it at all, even though it's definitely not a job I want forever, and it's not in my ideal career path (physics/academia). We're hiring phone techs now at $640/week, not including monthly sales bonuses, so that's $33280+/year. The median income in my county as of the last Census is $20143/year. I make significantly more than a phone tech, so really, as far as jobs go in this area, it's fantastic. I just don't like it all that much.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #2926 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'd say it's more your area that sucks than the tech job being fantastic.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #2927 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I'd say it's more your area that sucks than the tech job being fantastic.
You're right -- this area absolutely sucks. But, given the circumstances, I'm in a pretty good position.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:12 AM   #2928 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

My man is in I.T. and to sum it up...it is a thankless job.

But seriously, you can bitch about ANY job. I design ribbons, embellishments, bows, seasonal packaging and basically creative design all day...so girly and fun for me and I can bitch non stop about work.

Just saying it ain't called work for nuthin'
Old 01-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #2929 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
My man is in I.T. and to sum it up...it is a thankless job.

But seriously, you can bitch about ANY job. I design ribbons, embellishments, bows, seasonal packaging and basically creative design all day...so girly and fun for me and I can bitch non stop about work.

Just saying it ain't called work for nuthin'
Thankless, yes... for which you are typically compensated well in lieu of this. I used to think this was fair and right for me... but I've come to learn that my happiness is far more important. It sounds so cliche / hippy, but it's true (at least for me).

Eventually, even what you're passionate about (creative design, trading) does become work... but at least you aren't doing something day-in, day-out that makes you utterly miserable.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #2930 (permalink)

P.S. I like this thread.