Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree268Likes

Old 02-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #3051 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I love it when the boss is gone, especially one who isn't that...effective.

Annyhoooo...I turned 40 last week and I'm still alive to tell the tale so I guess there's hope for you'all.

Dwarrior, I'd rather take you on in a fight (sans fencing sword of course). I know just how I'd get you... first I'd lure you in with some witty back and fourths, then I'd ask your advice on something and pretend to be completely absorbed in your fascinating and almost textbook answer....then, when you least expected it and as you were caught up in your own pontifications...I'd side line you with some kind of knee buckling move and pin you down with my cougar heels.

It'd be fun
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #3052 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
Annyhoooo...I turned 40 last week and I'm still alive to tell the tale so I guess there's hope for you'all.
I'm older, I'm older. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Wait a minute....
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #3053 (permalink)

So the other night I was working late. And while I was wandering around putting things back where they go, I was whistling the Ma Nah Ma Nah song from the Muppet Show. As I came down the hall, I saw my boss standing in the door to her office, so I stopped to see what she had to say. She was already worked up about something (she'd been muttering to herself and typing furiously) and she yelled "I HATE THAT SONG" and slammed the door in my face. All I could do was laugh. Who hates the Muppets?

Old 02-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #3054 (permalink)

My subconscious go-to things to hum are
1: The Super Mario Bros. theme song
2: The Tales from the Crypt opening song
Not sure why
Old 02-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #3055 (permalink)

Whenever I hum it's a song by an Adirondack folk musician named Christopher Shaw. It seems most people have never heard of him (I can't even find the particular song I'm thinking of online, except if you buy his CD). Here's one of his other works, which is pretty interesting:

He did a performance when I was in like 10th grade in school and I really enjoyed it, although almost all of my fellow students seemed like they were bored as fuck.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #3056 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
I'm older, I'm older. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Wait a minute....
LOL

Happy Birthday Campy
Old 02-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #3057 (permalink)

I love the little town I used to live in:

Daily Courier-Observer | Troopers charge two with shoplifting at Hannaford's

Quote:
...Massena-based state police charged Dustin T. Gotham, 22, of Norfolk and Katie A. Carlin, 28, of Massena, with petit larceny following an alleged shoplifting incident Thursday. ... Troopers said Gotham stole two packages of X-tra Small Trojan Vibrating Ring condoms, and Carlin had a mascara and two scented body sprays concealed in her purse...
Daily Courier-Observer | Massena Village Police pick up two women on bench warrants

Quote:
...April M. Burns, 25, of 12 St. Regis St., Hogansburg, was picked up on a bench warrant at 3:30 p.m. ... She had been charged on April 22, 2011 with shoplifting a Summer's Eve douche, valued at $1.85, from the Dollar General store. ...
Old 02-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #3058 (permalink)

After 2 months of trying to earn a consistent living from Trading, I've concluded that I'm not ready. I gave it my all, and certainly don't regret having taken the opportunity that life gave me... except for perhaps the financial costs of having done so.

Anyways, I began looking for an I.T. job yesterday. I still have that lead with a local Logistics company to fix their broken I.T. department. I'm meeting with her on Friday. And I've sent out feelers to other contacts I have in the industry and headhunters. And it feels awful.

I'm going to have to put on my game face in any interviews I have because I really don't want any of these jobs.

Two ego blows in as many months. Sucks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/mr_bithead
Old 02-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #3059 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
...April M. Burns, 25, of 12 St. Regis St., Hogansburg, was picked up on a bench warrant at 3:30 p.m. ... She had been charged on April 22, 2011 with shoplifting a Summer's Eve douche, valued at $1.85, from the Dollar General store. ...
Hahaha... thanks for the laugh.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #3060 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Why do people have stupid random marker drawings on their forehead all of a sudden?