Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree17Likes
  • 3 Post By Keith
  • 4 Post By The Girl
  • 4 Post By Steph
  • 3 Post By littlp
  • 2 Post By The Girl
  • 1 Post By Keith

Old 11-11-2021, 08:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

The Dad Emails reading

That was so fun! Thanks to those that supported last year's The Dad Emails Kickstarter reward. It was exciting to put together this fun surprise. People at that level will also receive the video of the reading.

WOOOOOOO!!!
The Girl, Steph and Paige_H like this.

Last edited by Keith; 11-11-2021 at 08:48 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Seriously SO fun!

Big thanks to Kyle Ocasio, Calvin Cato, Ken Malley, Newsy, and Xerxes who made this event incredible.

Keith, you and your book are sick. Can't wait to read the rest!
Keith, Steph, SpareBen and 1 others like this.
Old 11-12-2021, 06:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

so fun!

That was above and beyond! I imagined just Keith reading from the new book, not a whole cast acting out all the roles. Calvin Cato was hilarious as all the different characters he played, complete with hair and outfit changes. I was laughing and gasping through the whole thing. I listened to every episode as it came out, but I have not re-listened to everything. It is definitely different to hear it again, knowing how things ultimately unfolded. The one that kind of kicked it all off "I keep secrets very well" gave me shivers down my spine. What a horrible, horrible, horrible person to be willing to betray his son in this way. To have Ken reading the parts of Father Malley was genius. He seems to be able to channel his essence. Be careful Ken! I can tell in truth you are nothing like your father.

I think something about the Dad emails has always made me a little uncomfortable, like maybe it is too mean to have tricked and old man in this way. But hearing the origins again, along with the commentary of everyone last night, I must conclude that Father M brought this all on himself. I still feel sorry for him in that larger sense of it is sad that there is a human that is so mentally ill that he has created this life of complete isolation for himself. But I have no reservations that Keith was not in the wrong to do what he did.
In any case, you all really brought it last night, as you always do with everything you do. High quality, amazing entertainment, well-planned, and so genuine.

I am so busy all the time. I run my own business, my best friend became severely disabled, I have 2 teenagers, one with special needs I am trying to find a college for. Just to say I don't often have time to check the forums or Reddit and engage with this wonderful community as much as I would like to. But I wanted to make sure to get on here and say something about how awesome last night was. KATG shows and VIP seriously keep me going, and I am so glad I made the time to be there last night. Thank you so much Keith, Chemda, Kyle, Ken, Newsy, Calvin and Xerxes!

Support the Kickstarter, y'all, and you get special bonuses like last night!
Keith, The Girl, Sparrow and 1 others like this.
Old 11-12-2021, 07:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This was so much fun. I also thought it was just going to be a reading from the book. The cast of characters was an excellent bonus. And holy crap Ken and Keith really look alike. Ken did a great job as Keith’s dad. He is pretty quick too-especially with the ask Keith’s dad segment. Calvin cracked me up with the constant wardrobe changes. And his impression of Kyle was especially hilarious. It’s been a rough for me so this was a nice surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith, The Girl and Steph like this.
Old 11-12-2021, 09:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Don’t miss Newsy’s fun screen shots that he posted on our Reddit page

Http://Reddit.com/r/keithandthegirl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith and Sparrow like this.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Keith, I think your dad may have shared the secret with the authorities. I don' think he saw any other way to try and get himself out of this predicament. Sorry man.
Old 11-29-2021, 02:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

From your lips
The Girl likes this.