Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-29-2010, 07:21 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I like him too much to focus on a detail like that, but maybe it's just me.
I like him too, I just wanted to voice that complaint out loud finally.

Again, it bothered me once and I got lazy and never emailed him about it. So I shouldnt complain to much.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

I usually can't stand Marc Maron because of how totally unpleasant and bitter/miserable a human being he is but he really shines when he directs that shitty attitude onto other people.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

I loved the Mencia episode, so I'm dying to listen to this one. Based on your comments I'm going to have blast
Old 06-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #14 (permalink)

Maron vs. Cook

I thought the WTF pod with Dane Cook was amazing. I can say that the nicotine cravings must have really been getting to him because he really had a sinister edge in the middle of the interview. Marc really digs that knife under Dane's fingernails at one point.

I had Marc on my Music Life Radio podcast recently, he's a pretty decent closet guitar player. He just played his first live performance at Cobb's early this month and you could tell he was hooked. He is just getting ready to post a WTF about it (Bring the Rock) with Greg Behrendt.

Marc was a very cool person to talk t in persono, and didn't give off any bad vibes. He was really pleasant and engaging. Check out the Music Life Radio interview at Maron on Music - MLR Podcast 015 | Music Life Radio
Old 07-01-2010, 02:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Thanks for this one, i'd love to listen to him talkin' about music.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

He kept dragging his poor dead parents into it, the most egregious example being during the joke theft section which to paraphrase went something like this:

"You were accused of stealing jokes."

"My parents died of cancer, dude!"

Another great show.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #17 (permalink)

hey junk great thread, haven't been able to get into the weekly WTF. i took you junkenstein advise and downloaded this show. holy fuck marc is so intense. the dane cook part was interestining, but holy shit the nicotine diary fucking ...............so real..... i live in ny, smokes are 9.56, a pack new $1.60 tax started 7/1. in 1995 the same pack was 1.90. good luck to marc, ny state should us the tax funding, to pay marc maron to tell the youth, that the hardest thing in life is to stop smoking ciggs after you have become so pyscologically attached. hopefully someday i'll fight the good fight and care in the same way. fuck throat cancer.

Last edited by i'minu; 07-02-2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: e before i, unless i'minu is a douche
Old 07-03-2010, 04:17 AM   #18 (permalink)

The nicotine diaries was the first time i heard marc being vulnerable (and yet funny as shit).
Old 07-03-2010, 09:08 AM   #19 (permalink)

I showed my gf this episode, she never understood the Dane Cook backlash (coincidentally she also never saw one of his shitty movies).

The part that stood out to me was this (paraphrasing):

Dane: As soon as my Comedy central special blew up (he describes it as the one with him ripping a black tank top off) I knew that all other hard working touring comedians were going into morning radio shows and being asked: Why don't you do Dane Cook comedy?

Marc: They never asked me that.

I also love the way he name dropped Steve Martin out of thin air with no appropriate context.

Marc: People think your an arrogant asshole, why do you think that is?
Dane: I met Steve Martin for dinner.

I gotta say, Marc Maron could be one the best interviewers I have ever heard. I love how he cuts in with observational backwards criticism that goes right over the guests head but not the audience.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
Dane: As soon as my Comedy central special blew up (he describes it as the one with him ripping a black tank top off) I knew that all other hard working touring comedians were going into morning radio shows and being asked: Why don't you do Dane Cook comedy?

Marc: They never asked me that.
I was appalled when i saw that some peeps on the WTF comment section actually didnt like how harshly sarcastic Marc was.

Some, if i recall correctly, even blames it on nervousness and nicotine withdrawal.

I liked the less abrasive approach he had with mencia (even though, in the 2nd ep of that interview things got insane too, with Mencia almost breaking down on air) but i have to say, Marc gives his best when he lets his less pleasant side loose. He's pleasant and respected enough to make his targets intimidated enough to avoid shouting at him, he's completely detached from any side and always analyzes issues from every side. And he has and undercurrent of superintelligent anger ythat makes his questions sublime....

I would be scared to meet him in person, to make it clear.