Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-03-2010, 09:30 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I would be scared to meet him in person, to make it clear.
Dane had a funny joke about that, comparing him to the sand monster in the mummy 2.

I also felt like some of Dane's Story's were just lies. If you listen again, pay close attention to his story about the fan who sent him hate-mail bit. He cites all names as anonymous then also adds a story about a comedian (anonymous) who emailed him showing support and confusion with his backlash.

The entire Dane Cook interview felt like the way a really good looking guy would talk to a really dumb pretty chick to get her in bead.

That is one thing both Dane and Carlos episodes had in common. Like the mencia story about being four and meeting a meth head who couldnt find his house.

I CALL BULLSHIT!

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #22 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I wouldnt say straight fabricated lies but more of hyper exaggerated versions of the truth. He probably received that mail and that was it, then he spinned the fact over and over.

I think he's mostly a very business smart asshole that usually has a thiock skin but Marc has that scary vibe about him that eventually made him fall apart.

The final exchange of opinions was genius.

"I think you're an empty vessel full of fuel"

"I think you're an ominous demon"

The way these two "digs" are phrased speaks volumes about those two and their different levels of language and intelligence. Martc has a way with words that's subtle and cutting. Dane speaks like an add spaz who just read a whole voicabulary and wants to show off.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:49 AM   #23 (permalink)

Found a couple hilarious clips of Marc on Conan's show:

YouTube - Marc Maron interview 2000

YouTube - Marc Maron interview 2001
Old 07-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #24 (permalink)

Ooooh that was early, coke snorting, booze swelling Marc!

Good stuff Humpski!
Old 07-04-2010, 08:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I don't think that Dane came off that badly in this podcast. I also don't think Marc went after him with the intent that some people are inferring. While he poked fun at some things Dane said, it seemed fairly good-natured. The only problem I heard with it was that Marc didn't let up when Dane acted (understandably) defensive about the story.

While I don't think Marc and Dane will be best buds, I don't have a hard time imagining they'll be friendly to each other after this.

I have to admit that I like Dane Cook more after hearing this podcast.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #26 (permalink)

I was kinda surprised that Dane Cook and Bill Burr seem to be good buddies. Of course I don't really know Dane but from what I know of him (and Bill Burr, thanks to the MMPC), I'd have guessed, that Dane is exactly the kind of person Bill couldn't stand, i.e. fake, arrogant and douche of the week, every week of the year.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0mbaer View Post
I was kinda surprised that Dane Cook and Bill Burr seem to be good buddies. Of course I don't really know Dane but from what I know of him (and Bill Burr, thanks to the MMPC), I'd have guessed, that Dane is exactly the kind of person Bill couldn't stand, i.e. fake, arrogant and douche of the week, every week of the year.
I was pretty surprised at this as well.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:38 PM   #28 (permalink)

Thanks for bringing this up. It's really interesting stuff. I listened to the Carlos Mencia one too and am halfway through the follow-up to that interview. I got sick of hearing about the joke stealing stuff awhile back because it was just arguing that wasn't going anywhere, but with WTF Marc gets inside their heads to see what their thinking and discuss it at length. Really great stuff.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
I don't think that Dane came off that badly in this podcast. I also don't think Marc went after him with the intent that some people are inferring. While he poked fun at some things Dane said, it seemed fairly good-natured. The only problem I heard with it was that Marc didn't let up when Dane acted (understandably) defensive about the story.

While I don't think Marc and Dane will be best buds, I don't have a hard time imagining they'll be friendly to each other after this.

I have to admit that I like Dane Cook more after hearing this podcast.
I agree. I felt marc took a holier than thou stance from the outlook. He came across as very snide and i think jealous. He seems to always seems negative toward success. I've thought he was snively since he went after rogan for fear factor.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by better dylan View Post
I agree. I felt marc took a holier than thou stance from the outlook. He came across as very snide and i think jealous. He seems to always seems negative toward success. I've thought he was snively since he went after rogan for fear factor.
True Points: he's bitter cause he admittedly thinks that everyone has reached a point of stardom that he hasnt reached and he feels betterthan most of the. On top of that he's super self-aware about it and that makes it worse.

The rest is bullshit: first, the rogan thing was in a context iand you're ignoring it. Second, if he acted nice towards cook, you would have said he was kissing his ass.

C'mon Dylan, we dont need a new sajizzle. And no, you're not voicing your opinion you're just nagging.