Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 04-14-2008, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Blogs

I have a blog. I've always thought blogs were stupid and I hate people who have them because they are usually uninteresting and push their blog in every conversation you have with them.

I\

Last edited by Sexy_Potatoe_with_an_E; 03-11-2022 at 05:28 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

I just stumbled upon your blog today when I was catching up on Pownce.

I like the things you write, but your absolutely right I don't get blogs either except blogs that are more news sites then blogs like Gizmodo, TUAW and Kotaku.

I would love to start a blog and have started A LOT, and when I say a lot I mean a lot I mean a fucking lot of blogs but never could write for longer then a month before getting bored. Then once I would start feeling like writing again I would be bored with the lay out and create a total new one.

I do like the tumblr blog idea where you post some quick quotes, links or images and the occasional longer post. Kinda like a more extended twitter without the meaning less bullshit en 1-on-1 chat.

Facebook | JustBryan.nl | Twitter
"Bryan is a legend!"- OCD-dude
Old 04-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Potatoe_with_an_E View Post
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about-- losing interest. No matter how much I love writing, it still takes a lot out of you and I absolutely hate writing about myself. I am mostly using the blog so that I don't feel guilty about not writing, when you are a writer they say "try to write everyday even if it sucks, blah blah blah etc" apparently this is supposed to be able to help me tap into my creative process quicklier. I've basically just started so we'll see how that goes, worth a try.
Well it's a good initiative... I should start something like that to not feel guilty about not designing. Btw what's the deal with technorati? Now that's something I NEVER understood.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ok... so this thread "inspired" me to try and start blogging again... So I will try.

But, like the two of you, I'm a creature of habit when it comes to losing interest. If I feel like I'm beginning to bore myself, I'll just quit with no second thought.

So... here we go. I'll try it. No promises, and I guarantee PotatoE's is WAY more interesting than mine will be... but we'll see.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ah what the hell let's start some blogging! Check it out via justbryan.nl or go directly to http://justbryan.tumblr.com/

I'll ad some kind of friendly link tingy to my site or blog from ad least Spud's blog and maybe yours too aurora if I find it interesting ::lolz::

Btw thanks for keeping the forums interesting these partying hours 'tatoe!
Old 04-14-2008, 05:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Haha, nice pictures, Bryan. I enjoy the brolo pic. Also, Aurora solely on the fact that you write clearly (most bloggers don't) you get brownie points. I will be linking back to you both.
Awesome, thank you PotatoE.

/goes to link you as well.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Haha, nice pictures, Bryan. I enjoy the brolo pic. Also, Aurora solely on the fact that you write clearly (most bloggers don't) you get brownie points. I will be linking back to you both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Awesome, thank you PotatoE.

/goes to link you as well.
Linked to you both.

And to Lord of the Sausage rings; yes 99% of blogs suck ass and have nothing to say. I recently saw a reportage on tv that had some people having big criticism on current day internet usage, read blogs, twitter, youtube etc. The amateur has found a platform and is blabbering of on it.

Now we're trying to find some jewels between the trash, g'it?
Old 04-14-2008, 05:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I have a blog and no one reads it (flyintodarkness.livejournal.com), but for some reason I keep it up.

The forums are really dead and I wish I weren't stuck in the fucking midwest.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

Just 'blogged' sometin for the first time in weeks, if not months. Now it's time to hit the hay sack. Thanks for keeping me entertained lady's this evening. We'll see you in the blogosphere (ah I hate that word ::barf:.

EDIT; oh btw spud, you're still gonna do the pownce thing. I haven't kept up with that for months, is that still any fun?
Old 04-14-2008, 05:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbling Bryan View Post
Just 'blogged' sometin for the first time in weeks, if not months. Now it's time to hit the hay sack. Thanks for keeping me entertained lady's this evening. We'll see you in the blogosphere (ah I hate that word ::barf:.

EDIT; oh btw spud, you're still gonna do the pownce thing. I haven't kept up with that for months, is that still any fun?
I only use pownce to exchange music, that's all it's good for, I check it every now and again.