Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 03-29-2010, 09:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Dreams of High School (aka forgetting your locker combo)

I too are having these dreams and have had them for a while. Usually I'm at high school knowing full well that I am too old to be here, and that I don't have to be here so I go toward the parking lot looking for my car, and I can't find it! Interestingly I feel like I'm doing something bad when I try to leave the school. If I can't find my car I walk home down the country roads trying to get away from the school before they know I'm gone. When I'm in school I can't find my locker, and of course I can't remember the combo.

People keep telling me a dream like this usually means I'm trying to escape the past or something. *shrug*
Old 03-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds to me like you are feeling trapped by something in your life. Some obligation that you don't want to do that you hope no one will notice if you tried to sneak away from doing it. Perhaps you don't feel like you know how to do whatever this is, and even if you did, you don't know what good it would be.

You don't have to say what it is. Am I right?

Last edited by EastTexas; 03-29-2010 at 09:18 AM. Reason: punctuation
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

The school dream. Haven't had it in a while, not since last fall.

I began having it some time after I graduated and has revisited me ever so often since. For a reoccurring dream, I have little control over it.
It's the day of the final exam and I realize I have a class I haven't attended and it dawns on me that I can't withdraw.

I'm trying to figure out what to do.

It's always summer in my dream.

The campus is familiar but not exactly where I went to school.

I'm trying to decide what to do but don't see any other option other than failing.
Over the last few years it's become more of a novelty which may be attributing to it's diminished presence. Possibly the longer I'm away from school the less the impact having failed a course has and therefore it becomes more of a remote situational dream than an anxiety producing one. Who knows.

Speaking to my peers, it's a very common dream.

"That's me -- call me crazy, call me a pervert, but this is something I enjoy."
- Boogie Nights
Old 03-31-2010, 06:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have a recurring dream where I go into my high school like it's a normal day, only to realize when I get in that I have this huge final exam in History and when I sit down and see the paper, it's something I know absolutely nothing about. Needless to say, I freak out in the exam hall, everyone laughs at me, and I wake up in a cold sweat.

But last night I had a new one where I'm back in high school at a meeting for the school paper, of which I was an editor.
Our teacher who mentored us storms in, holds up a story I wrote and screams at me about how the whole thing has been plagiarized and I'm being expelled. Cold sweat ensues....

The worst part is when I wake up it takes me a good amount of time to calm down and remind myself this isn't what just happened.