Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 10-03-2010, 08:00 PM   #21 (permalink)

eh.

Nothing is wasted. Isn't that a good thing? Sounds very "green" to me.

I like nuggets and knowing what they are made of doesn't bother me.

We eat what we know in forms that we know - our childhood nature matured.

As we all know, for survival, once cognizant and able to feed oneself, fear of unknown textures / substances is innate; before then (age 1-2?) you eat whatever your caretakers present and then for most, patters pervade.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:42 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankyanks View Post
When I was growing up. The legend was that the ice cream is pig's fat.
No one else heard that one?
The legend going around when I was a kid, was that McDonald's actually serves real food. And that the best place to get a decent meal in this world is at any well established fast food joint.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I stopped eating chicken nuggets as soon as I was old enough to realize that there was no sane way to make a chicken have that texture.
Grinding chicken into a paste seems pretty sane. Not much different then ground beef, just a finer ground.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexas View Post
Also great was the class that he showed pictures of vegetables to and the kids had no fucking clue what they were. How does a whole class of 6-7 year olds not know what a tomato or a carrot looks like?
I live in the town where they shot Food Revolution. It isn't surprising. Not. At. All.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #25 (permalink)

I'm betting this is how they make the McRib.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:11 PM   #26 (permalink)

Most meat that you buy from cheap ass deli's and fast food, especially sliced meats are made in a similar fashion. I remember when I worked at arby's talking to the delivery guy in the morning he was explaining to me how the roast beef looked when he picked it up from the slaughterhouse. Essentially what they do is use a chemical to melt the meat into a shapeable goo, and then pour it into bags and freeze them. That way when they get to the restaurant all you have to do is throw them in the oven for a few hours, throw them on the meatslicer, and not have to worry about bones or fat to fuck up the slicer. Welcome to the fast food pipeline.

This is all fucked up and not natural, but what is? Chasing down a gazelle and tearing into it's flesh while it lets out death throes? I'll take a cheeseburger.

Last edited by EthanK; 10-04-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanK View Post
Most meat that you buy from cheap ass deli's and fast food, especially sliced meats are made in a similar fashion. I remember when I worked at arby's talking to the delivery guy in the morning he was explaining to me how the roast beef looked when he picked it up from the slaughterhouse. Essentially what they do is use a chemical to melt the meat into a shapeable goo, and then pour it into bags and freeze them. That way when they get to the restaurant all you have to do is throw them in the oven for a few hours, throw them on the meatslicer, and not have to worry about bones or fat to fuck up the slicer. Welcome to the fast food pipeline.

This is all fucked up and not natural, but what is? Chasing down a gazelle and tearing into it's flesh while it lets out death throes? I'll take a cheeseburger.
ok, Mechanically Separated Meat doesn't mean "grind up the whole fucking meat", it means exactly what it says: a machine separates the meat from bone automatically, so you're not eating ground bone.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:10 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Chicken Nuggets Are Made From This Pink Goop
If a girl can swallow the white goop made from my balls, I think I can handle some nuggets.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:18 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
Grinding chicken into a paste seems pretty sane. Not much different then ground beef, just a finer ground.
Except that ground meat is actually from the edible part of the cow, and doesn't include bone, organs and gristle.

It probably isn't at McDonalds, but that's why I try not to eat there. I'm not saying I'm above it, because I do find myself there when there's no other option within my budget and time constraints. Just that I feel like a disgusting ass hole every time I do.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:28 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
ok, Mechanically Separated Meat doesn't mean "grind up the whole fucking meat", it means exactly what it says: a machine separates the meat from bone automatically, so you're not eating ground bone.
I never said you are eating ground bone, I was saying that the reason they do this is to prevent things such as bones from getting in the meat.