Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 09-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

What Was The Last Movie You Watched

Time for a new thread.

Drive

This movie just plain sucks. You don't need an app to tell you when to go to the bathroom. There's about 2 minutes in the middle you need to have the plot. I swear to god, I am not exaggerating when I say they spend more time with the camera on him sitting there looking pensive than anything else.

Hardly anyone says anything for the first fucking hour, because they are too busy trying to look dramatic while doing NOTHING. There is about 10 minutes total of action in the movie. I swear to fucking christ, when it looks like something interesting is about to happen, or like they could have an actual one minute conversation, he just sits there, smiles a little like he shouldn't be outside without a helmet, and then it cuts to the next scene of him standing there not saying anything.

No need for a spoiler a alert warning, because that would imply anything happens.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I agree with your review of drive 100%. There is a combined maybe 30 seconds of interesting things that happen in this whole movie. Even the driving scenes nothing happens.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

I watched Hanna. It was a pretty badass action movie. Nothing profound. It was just an action movie the way it should be, it seemed very short when watching, filled with punches.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

I saw Contagion at a screener a few days before it broke. I think it was trying to be the new Jaws. I swear, if you werent a hypochondriac before entering, you will go straight to the pharmacy and buy a bottle of Pyrell. It also plays on the theory that we're overdue for an epidemic. My wife said it was boring, I thought the actual CDC stuff was mildly interesting but overall pretty depressing. 2/5.

I been sick all week last week so I got some movies in.

Bunraku - wtf is this? I watch some weird shit but idk whats going on here. Josh Harneett, Demi Moore, Woody Harrelson, and Ron Perlman in a movie samurai/western set in the future? 2/5, points for celebrities, -3 for crappy plot with multiple themes. I liken it to Sky Captain

Attack the Block - entertaining brit movie about young gangster wannabees in England who fight off an impending alien invasion. I'm pretty sure someone in the US will remake this in based NYC starring some young rapper.

Aquaponics in Paradise
Old 09-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbent View Post
Attack the Block - entertaining brit movie about young gangster wannabees in England who fight off an impending alien invasion. I'm pretty sure someone in the US will remake this in based NYC starring some young rapper.
Just saw this this weekend. Liked it. I just wish that once, just once, they made a movie about aliens or zombies or any kind of sci-fi monster where people just didn't do stupid things. This one was pretty good with it but they still made a couple dumb ass mistakes which I guess is necessary to kill people quickly and move the story on.

7/10
Old 09-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

PJ20 - Cameron Crowe's doco on Pearl Jam which was great but even at 2 hours didn't have enough in it for me.

There was a trailer before it for the new Hugh Jackman movie called 'steel balls' or something. This looked so horrible it could be the worst movie of the year. It looked like a rip off of Rocky except ROBOTS are boxing instead of people. I don't know how to get across just how shit it looked...

The HUAR army should be on look out for this glimpse into the future
Old 09-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

I've seen that Jackman preview! It makes me crack up. It looks like they're combining Avatar, Transformers, (I wish there was a boxing/MMA movie by Michael Bay to place here) and any one of the numerous cheap, fighting movies out there. It's basically complex Rock'm Sock'm robots
Old 09-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansur View Post
Time for a new thread.

Drive
What a waste of money this was; bored me to tears. The director tried too hard to be artistic and deep. The cinematography was good, decent 80s-esque soundtrack, but very passable.