Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #41 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
Thanks for responding Michael.

I tried F5, opening and closing, and I tried on Safari and it still says "you must be logged in."
Give me your code and I'll put it in for you
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
i had that so out of desperation i opened another tab and logged into forums as well. dont know if it was a coincidence but after that it worked so might be worth a shot till bug is fixed.
Hmmm... not sure if I was also logged into the forums. I'll give it a try today -- thanks for the tip!
Old 07-23-2010, 01:59 AM   #43 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Hi Micheal, sorry, but I'm having the same problem. I'm using firefox, I logged out, logged back in on both chat and the forums, refreshed a bunch of times and I still can't get past the "you must be logged in first" message.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:29 AM   #44 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
Hmmm... not sure if I was also logged into the forums. I'll give it a try today -- thanks for the tip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakesnsprinkles View Post
Hi Micheal, sorry, but I'm having the same problem. I'm using firefox, I logged out, logged back in on both chat and the forums, refreshed a bunch of times and I still can't get past the "you must be logged in first" message.
Send me your embed code and I'll put the code in for you.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #45 (permalink)

OSX Workaround

I heard some Mac users are having the same problem I had with logging in and I came up with a solution that has been working for me. Maybe it will work for you too...

I was getting the "You must be logged in to do that" when trying to paste my Ustream broadcaster URL into the pop-up in the chat. I tried everything. Nothing worked. So I tried using two browsers and it actually worked for some reason. The only way that I am able to successfully log in is to open Ustream using Firefox and start the broadcast and copy the URL. Then if I log into the KATG Chat using Safari, I can paste the URL and everything works. I don't know why, but it works. If you're on a Mac and experiencing similar issues, it might be worth a shot.

Hope it helps someone.

Last edited by Hullycully; 07-23-2010 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-23-2010, 08:01 AM   #46 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullycully View Post
I heard some Mac users are having the same problem I had with logging in and I came up with a solution that has been working for me. Maybe it will work for you too...

I was getting the "You must be logged in to do that" when trying to paste my Ustream broadcaster URL into the pop-up in the chat. I tried everything. Nothing worked. So I tried using two browsers and it actually worked for some reason. The only way that I am able to successfully log in is to open Ustream using Firefox and start the broadcast and copy the URL. Then if I log into the KATG Chat using Safari, I can paste the URL and everything works. I don't know why, but it works. If you're on a Mac and experiencing similar issues, it might be worth a shot.

Hopt it helps someone.
Wow. What a stupid bug. I've got to set some time this weekend to attack it.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:09 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:

Hope it helps someone.

I had the same problem with firefox but I was able to be logged into upstream and the katg chat at the same time in safari.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnikunen View Post
I had the same problem with firefox but I was able to be logged into upstream and the katg chat at the same time in safari.
Just out of curiosity, what version of Safari and OSX are you running? I'm just trying to narrow the issue down. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what version of Safari and OSX are you running? I'm just trying to narrow the issue down. Thanks.
I'm running 10.5.6 I think which ever is the latest version of just the straight up Leopard. And I'm running the latest version of safari it's 4.something I only don't know cuz I'm on my phone right now.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelApproved View Post
Give me your code and I'll put it in for you
Michael -- what Dangerous suggested finally worked for me. I logged into ustream, the chat, AND the forums and I was able to broadcast my video.

Thanks for the help (and thanks to Dangerous too!)!