Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Talk Shite (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Everyone's video in the KATG chat (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/everyones-video-katg-chat-15310/)

evadwolrab 07-13-2010 12:58 PM

Change your avatar in the chatroom to the camera.

It's manual, but it'll do for now until Michael inevitably gets bored one Sunday afternoon and fiddles with it.

aunt_helen 07-13-2010 09:15 PM

I got to try it out last night. The cams are much larger and sharper than in the old LV, and while it was a real challenge to coordinate the Ustream interface and the chat interface, I managed to figure it out while both high and drunk. (Thanks, Brenkin.)

I did notice a couple of bugs. I was only able to bring up two cams at a time. The second dock after the main KATG dock was always occupied but empty, without the option to take it out, and then there were two spaces to the right of that for other chatters' cams. If I brought up two cams, it worked fine, but then if I wanted to switch out one cam for another, half the cam tier would clear out and go blank (the two rightmost cams). Then if I tried to bring up a third cam in the open space, the previous two cams would open up instead. This would be the case until I reloaded the room.

I'm not complainin', but if there's someone trying to troubleshoot the chat, I hope that helps. Also, none of this worked until I used Firefox, whereas I had to use Safari with the old LV chat on my Mac.

See you fuckers on there! Goddamn you're a fugly-hot bunch.

Sparrow 07-14-2010 05:58 AM

I had that problem, too. A mysterious unbroadcasting cam I couldn't figure out whose it was, so I couldn't close it.

elastoplastic 07-14-2010 02:24 PM

doesn't work for me :(

1 Attachment(s)
Boo,

ever since this "upgrade" I can only see 2 ustream windows and neither are the main window. AND trying to share my video never works :(. (edit: this is because I never read Michael's first post, just heard about the new chat in the show. Did they mention the thread? whatevs)

Here's what the chat looks like for me.
Attachment 56868(edit: changed photo... thanks @annie!)

I experience the same thing on both firefox and Chrome.

I'm on Mac OS 10.6.4.

Any suggestions?

dangerous 07-16-2010 02:00 PM

it works on my chrome just right click on someone's name in the right hand bar and click view camera. on an off topic note since the techs are on this thread how do you embed youtube videos into your forum posts?

punk'n 07-16-2010 02:18 PM

Gonna try it tonight. Wish me luck, I'm a retard with the LV.

elastoplastic 07-16-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangerous (Post 659086)
it works on my chrome just right click on someone's name in the right hand bar and click view camera. on an off topic note since the techs are on this thread how do you embed youtube videos into your forum posts?

OMG, its nerds like you that make people hate nerds.

If you read my post you'd see its not seeing other's videos I'm having trouble with. It's that in the main chat window, I can't hear the show, because the main Ustream window isn't in the video section, and if I can add it, I don't see how.

naberdy 07-16-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangerous (Post 659086)

The forum has a great way to embed youtube videos. Just type [youtube] [ /youtube] (without the space in the second set of brackets) then place the bold part (below) of any youtube address in between those sets of brackets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEZNDO4pdys&feature=related

So copy the letters and numbers after the v= and before the &feature that are a part of any youtube web address.

Little_Miss_Khaos 07-16-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elastoplastic (Post 658677)
Boo,

ever since this "upgrade" I can only see 2 ustream windows and neither are the main window. AND trying to share my video never works :(. (edit: this is because I never read Michael's first post, just heard about the new chat in the show. Did they mention the thread? whatevs)

Any suggestions?

Same thing happens to me. I can't see Keith's main cam anymore. Not even if I click onto the Ustream page. I stream the audio through either iTunes or through the desktop app. But it sucks not being able to see Keith's cam.

punk'n 07-16-2010 10:06 PM

I tried it tonight and it gave me an error. I can log in but I can't get the cam to work. Is there special mac instructions?