Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Talk Shite (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Everyone's video in the KATG chat (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/everyones-video-katg-chat-15310/)

MichaelApproved 07-16-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punk'n (Post 659149)
I tried it tonight and it gave me an error. I can log in but I can't get the cam to work. Is there special mac instructions?

What was the error you got? Which browser are you using?

MichaelApproved 07-16-2010 10:22 PM

Sorry I haven't been able to respond to all the issues in the thread. I have been keeping up with it though and will release another wave of changes to address the issues.

punk'n 07-17-2010 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelApproved (Post 659150)
What was the error you got? Which browser are you using?

I'm using firefox. It said my cam was streaming but I couldn't see myself and no one else could either. When I right-clicked, it just told me that it was working, but I couldn't see it. I'm also not very good at technical things, so it's probably user error.

elastoplastic 07-17-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punk'n (Post 659193)
I'm using firefox. It said my cam was streaming but I couldn't see myself and no one else could either. When I right-clicked, it just told me that it was working, but I couldn't see it. I'm also not very good at technical things, so it's probably user error.

Did you follow the steps in Michael's first post? Just cuirous because I didn't at first and was having problems.

Sparrow 07-17-2010 10:28 PM

I'm about to complain, but I want to first profusely thank Michael for taking on this long awaited process. Let's make this something awesome!

1) I hate using a third party. It's laggy, complicated when I'm high, and having the extra chat window open all the time is a bummer. I would really love to see us support our own whatever so that it's a simple one stop shop.

2) old chat still disconnects me without warning. all the time. it's frustrating not knowing if the chat is quiet or if I've been kicked out. Also, it think it's THE most important thing I'm doing and while I'm in another window, should somebody enter/exit/talk it pops right up--this one might be user error, in which case how do I make that stop?

MichaelApproved 07-18-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 659313)
I'm about to complain, but I want to first profusely thank Michael for taking on this long awaited process. Let's make this something awesome!

1) I hate using a third party. It's laggy, complicated when I'm high, and having the extra chat window open all the time is a bummer. I would really love to see us support our own whatever so that it's a simple one stop shop.

The bandwidth to do host this internally is really expensive. Using a 3rd party service makes it possible to host endless P!SP!

If you find that it's too complicated to setup when you're high then I suggest you set it up sober and leave it on all the time. If you're using a laptop I would also recommend taking it with you everywhere you go.

Quote:

2) old chat still disconnects me without warning. all the time. it's frustrating not knowing if the chat is quiet or if I've been kicked out. Also, it think it's THE most important thing I'm doing and while I'm in another window, should somebody enter/exit/talk it pops right up--this one might be user error, in which case how do I make that stop?
The disconnect problem is probably an issue with your internet connection.

To stop the window from popping up: Click the control panel icon to show that setting among others. It's next to the smily face which is above where you enter your chat text.

MichaelApproved 07-18-2010 12:52 AM

Added remove link to the upper right of the video window. Now when you add a video you'll see that persons name in the order you added. To remove a window just click the link with their name on it. Not sure who's window it is? Just count the videos from left to right (not including the KATG videos) and look for the name from top to bottom.

MichaelApproved 07-18-2010 01:10 AM

I removed the option to manually set your status to broadcasting or not. Now you just see if the person put in their code or they didn't.

If the person put in their ustream embed code you'll see a green icon. If they haven't you'll see the white one.

MichaelApproved 07-18-2010 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punk'n (Post 659193)

Can you see yourself if you go to your ustream page? If not then you need to make sure you're broadcasting correctly. Typically what happens is people forget to actually click the broadcast button.

If you CAN see yourself on your ustream page then make sure you entered in the correct embed code.

Sparrow 07-18-2010 06:56 AM

Thanks, Michael! What fine prompt service from our Everything Solution team. <3