Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Talk Shite (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Everyone's video in the KATG chat (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/everyones-video-katg-chat-15310/)

MichaelApproved 07-21-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleander (Post 660258)
Thanks for responding Michael.

I tried F5, opening and closing, and I tried on Safari and it still says "you must be logged in."

Give me your code and I'll put it in for you

Oleander 07-22-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangerous (Post 660231)
i had that so out of desperation i opened another tab and logged into forums as well. dont know if it was a coincidence but after that it worked so might be worth a shot till bug is fixed.

Hmmm... not sure if I was also logged into the forums. I'll give it a try today -- thanks for the tip! :)

cupcakesnsprinkles 07-23-2010 01:59 AM

Hi Micheal, sorry, but I'm having the same problem. I'm using firefox, I logged out, logged back in on both chat and the forums, refreshed a bunch of times and I still can't get past the "you must be logged in first" message.

MichaelApproved 07-23-2010 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleander (Post 660580)
Hmmm... not sure if I was also logged into the forums. I'll give it a try today -- thanks for the tip! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupcakesnsprinkles (Post 660780)
Hi Micheal, sorry, but I'm having the same problem. I'm using firefox, I logged out, logged back in on both chat and the forums, refreshed a bunch of times and I still can't get past the "you must be logged in first" message.

Send me your embed code and I'll put the code in for you.

Hullycully 07-23-2010 07:31 AM

OSX Workaround

I heard some Mac users are having the same problem I had with logging in and I came up with a solution that has been working for me. Maybe it will work for you too...

I was getting the "You must be logged in to do that" when trying to paste my Ustream broadcaster URL into the pop-up in the chat. I tried everything. Nothing worked. So I tried using two browsers and it actually worked for some reason. The only way that I am able to successfully log in is to open Ustream using Firefox and start the broadcast and copy the URL. Then if I log into the KATG Chat using Safari, I can paste the URL and everything works. I don't know why, but it works. If you're on a Mac and experiencing similar issues, it might be worth a shot.

Hope it helps someone.

MichaelApproved 07-23-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hullycully (Post 660798)
I heard some Mac users are having the same problem I had with logging in and I came up with a solution that has been working for me. Maybe it will work for you too...

I was getting the "You must be logged in to do that" when trying to paste my Ustream broadcaster URL into the pop-up in the chat. I tried everything. Nothing worked. So I tried using two browsers and it actually worked for some reason. The only way that I am able to successfully log in is to open Ustream using Firefox and start the broadcast and copy the URL. Then if I log into the KATG Chat using Safari, I can paste the URL and everything works. I don't know why, but it works. If you're on a Mac and experiencing similar issues, it might be worth a shot.

Hopt it helps someone.

Wow. What a stupid bug. I've got to set some time this weekend to attack it.

lnikunen 07-23-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hullycully (Post 660798)

Hope it helps someone.

I had the same problem with firefox but I was able to be logged into upstream and the katg chat at the same time in safari.

Hullycully 07-23-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnikunen (Post 660810)
I had the same problem with firefox but I was able to be logged into upstream and the katg chat at the same time in safari.

Just out of curiosity, what version of Safari and OSX are you running? I'm just trying to narrow the issue down. Thanks.

lnikunen 07-23-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hullycully (Post 660811)
Just out of curiosity, what version of Safari and OSX are you running? I'm just trying to narrow the issue down. Thanks.

I'm running 10.5.6 I think which ever is the latest version of just the straight up Leopard. And I'm running the latest version of safari it's 4.something I only don't know cuz I'm on my phone right now.

Oleander 07-23-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelApproved (Post 660393)
Give me your code and I'll put it in for you

Michael -- what Dangerous suggested finally worked for me. I logged into ustream, the chat, AND the forums and I was able to broadcast my video.

Thanks for the help (and thanks to Dangerous too!)!